11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

My Haunted house has a problem where once the it has been on for about 10 minutes or so I get playfield lights (The green 1-5 lamps) that start to flicker and seem to be getting power surges. They do not lock on they just start to fade to on but not full strength and you can hear a distinct hum as it surges. Then the Upkicker from the basement to the main level starts to fire randomly. If I disconnect the basement playfield I still get the same surges on the lamps. I have disconnected and reconnected the circuit boards multiple times to see they just aren't seated incorrectly but I get the same result. A power kit with all components in the bottom of the cabinet was installed about a month ago. I have had the grounding mods done but perhaps one was missed. I am a novice when it comes to troubleshooting electrical problems but I have a friend who can help. Any concensus on the root of the problem?

Grounding Problem?
Driver Board?
Connectors?

Thanks any suggestions would be most appreciated!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-power-surge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.