New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 229439)

Haunted House playfield swap

By Bryan_Kelly

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 234 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 167 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    1127181319 (resized).jpg
    1127181319c (resized).jpg
    1127181319a (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mombo-number-5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 1 year ago

Just curious, are you doing this for a guy named Craig?

#197 1 year ago

Hi Bryan, I met you a while back at Big Al's. I wonder if this is one of the three I had at one time. I always did the VUK modification, and the (before) touch up on the lower PF looks very familiar. Is this game ever going to be somewhere a local yokal could see it, and maybe play just one game on it? I am a big HH fan. I still want to get one of those and do the Pascal Janin multi-ball speech thing. They are few and far between these days. A guy Lloyd knows says he has 3 in storage but they are packed in so no one can get them out without 3 or 4 guys and all afternoon to do it. I don't have the wheels anymore for something like that. Great pics!

#206 1 year ago

I new it! SOB... I want my game back, that's my fbombing game (lol, add long rant here)!!! Yep, he traded me a very nice regular TAF and I kicked in 200 bucks and did the chasing. He had a TAF gold at the time and didn't need 2, I think he said you had reconditioned it also. He invited me to a pin party at his place but I couldn't make it. He had a murders row of WPC games. My name is Tim, Scandia Pinball when we met it was very brief. Your friend is a great guy, with a very nice wife that likes pinball (some guys get everything). I even put an add on CL once asking him to sell me that back. Long scratch on the left side, otherwise the cabinet was pretty good. It has a repop PBDB for the VUK now I see. We didn't have them back in the old days we had to add a cap across a couple pins to keep a regular one from going off to much. I used to screw the old relay system somewhere near there in case somebody looses there mind and wanted to put it back original. After your done I wonder what it would be worth, say it was yours and you put it up for sale, what would you ask? Don't answer that if ya' don't want to. Would really like to see it again when your done. Tell Mr. Simpson, maybe he will throw another party.

#213 1 year ago

Ross ay'? Thought it was Craig. Doesn't change things, I still want my GD game back! One I had went to Denver the other is somewhere in Idaho I think. Seriously, please tell him I would sure like to see it again someday. And, yeah, Greg has them. He said he bought them all at auction in Chicago. How bad could they be? Just curious, was the HH still working when you got it in to restore?

#218 1 year ago

I hate that about system 80's. I do the driver board update on pinwiki. That eliminates the thunk/thwack you hear when you turn the game on, leaving me breathing easier. I'd be glad to do it for him if he wants to pay the post both ways. Quick turn around on something like that.

#221 1 year ago

I suppose he might have a new RD CPU or driver board. Either eliminate the dreaded thwack, but cost more than 60 cents.

#223 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Not sure, although Ross said it worked fine. We had to remove the head to move it to my place and I didn't hook everything back to play test before tear down, like I normally do.
    FWIW, this is not a full restoration. Just a playfield swap. So the long scratch on the left side is still there.

I got it with the long scratch, tell me the dopes moving it didn't know they were scratching it when that happened. I remember it not looking like a vandalism thing. Ross was just starting to add different era games to his line up at that time. Last time I saw him he was buying a Centaur from Gary Southward and asked me which EM Big Al had at the time would be best to buy. I think Al had a Rack -a- ball or something I recommended, whatever it was had backbox animation. I wish I would have been selling my KoD at the time, it was a cherry one and would have been great in his collection. I like the early speech on the system 80's that have that, it's hilarious. But I'm also the guy who doesn't rebuild William's chime units in the em's, the trashy cowbell clanking sound is funny. I started to follow this post late, I see your swapping playfields. That is going to make this game outstanding. The backglass was 100% when I had it. Everything else worked great, but I didn't do the grounding mods back then.

#231 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

That’s the same Greg that has been looking for T2 parts for me for 3 years in the warehouse

He related to me that his health was not good enough to go through his storage places/warehouse at this time. He would only be there to watch and price anything I wanted. He was not very optimistic about getting well enough to take care of this ever. Sorry to say it certainly sounds like a lot of pinball machines and parts will not see the light of day for quite some time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 4.95
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 9.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 5.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 64.99
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Decals
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 15.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Filament Printing
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinshakers
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mombo-number-5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside