Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ChrisG78
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theseadoomaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I did this Haunted House a while back but figured i would post the link to the restore pics if anyone would like to see them.
Didn't have any other options with this playfield since they wont be made.
Pics here https://www.flickr.com/photos/67565915@N06/sets/72157635391130581/

#5 9 years ago

No water slides all hand painted.

#7 9 years ago

And a lot of time!

#10 9 years ago

I use acrylic paints ,I like to use spray max 2k.
It dries hard and is a 2 part clear.

1 week later
#13 9 years ago

I use the bottles you get for about a buck each.
They dry flat but when you clear they look nice,and being acrylic the clear doesn't affect them.

1 week later
#17 9 years ago

The upper PF didn't need very much but he other two are a different story.
The main PF was on my rotisserie for a couple weeks(working a few hours here and there)
All in all i would guess 20-30 hours for all three without clearcoat.
The checkerboard pattern on the main PF and the rock shapes on the lower PF were the worst(time consumer)
They didn't turn out perfect but considdering the condition i started with i was very happy with the result.

1 week later
#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Peterbilt313:

Looks great. I got a question for ya. I was hoping maybe you can help cause seems like nobody knows. On the lower basement.... There's a pop up board... With a 6 pin connector. Actually 5 pin. Cause 1 is not used.. There's a 3 rd pin wire that's red..... On mine anyway. That runs from that board to the wire harness than connects to another plug.... Anyway. Mine is disconnected from the harness and isn't connected. Only from the board it's connected... The other end I need to know where it goes. I have pictures on my page of what I am talking about. Is there anyway you could help me on this??? Thanks. Dave Ps. That wire runs the pop up for the ball

Sorry I don't have the machine anymore for reference.

Quoted from Snux:

Wow.
I'm happy to sort out mechanicals, electricals and board repairs all day long and what I don't know I can learn, but the ability to do artwork like that is something you either have or you don't. Sure, with art you can improve technique etc but if you're missing that "art gene" then it ain't happening. Sure ain't happening whenever I've tried, that's for sure.
Stunning piece of work, well done!

As far as Art goes I'm definitely not an artist but I did spend countless hours in middle school drawing ,something I haven't done in 25 years or so.

#25 9 years ago

If it wasn't for the fact that it takes so long to do these, I would consider doing a few of these for other people.
Now I understand why some of these Playfield restorers charge so much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theseadoomaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-playfield-restore?tu=theseadoomaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.