(Topic ID: 297952)

Haunted House not booting has error code

By GeekedOnPinball

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GeekedOnPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

So I had what was once a working game (minus sound) but while trying to measure the voltage on the driver board I think I touched the wrong thing and it blinked, reset, and now I have this code flashing on the scoreboard of 823 130. Should have waited for my pinball guy to help.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Is this "message" on all 5 displays?
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact ... for board repairs
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

The middle says 13, the other four alternate 000000 and that code

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

That's the highest score. The game seems OK - exactly what does it do by "not booting"?

I guess it's "booting" but I'm not sure since this is my first pre-90s game and it has no sound. It goes to these numbers, then flashes, when I hit start it doesn't do anything at all, as if I am not pushing the button.

2 weeks later
#9 2 years ago

Ok I turned it on today and went into the test mode for the first time after reading the wiki and got it to run the lamp tests and such, then powered it off and back on and it started up and let me start a game. Probably a user error. This time it ejected a ball into the shooter laner, no sound still. Odd thing was I was looking at it and it has two pots on the sound board and one inside the coin door. I tried the coin door one and as you turn it up you can hear static, at the highest level the most. Swore I heard low level sound for a short period but it went away and I haven’t gotten it working again yet. Then the sound test did nothing when pressed, at one point it worked and emitted a super high pitch noise, I adjusted the pot on the board as it was very low and the one inside the coin door was all the way up. I hit the test button again and it stopped making the noise. It did not put out the whole 2 tones, 3 tones, etc thing that I saw in the manual. Still no sound. Now I can't get it to actually do a sound test again. DIP switch 30 for attract mode is on. Checked all the fuses with a meter. Checked the A2J1-5/6 (5VDC) and it's getting the correct voltage there. Checked the gates on Z13 IC, all of them look good. Any ideas? The game is sweet without sound can’t wait to experience it with it. Thank you for your help.

1. Check *all voltages* at the sound board, make sure they're present and correct.
A. Check the F8 fuse (1A slo-blo) for the sound board with a meter, you may have blown it when you messed with the pot.
B. Check the A2J1-5/6 (5VDC) connection for cracks around the header pins. This is where the sound board gets it's 5VDC from, it's not uncommon for this issue to be there.
2. Check the Z13 IC (7404) on the driver board for a bad gate, if one of these output signals isn't high at start up, the sound board won't run.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GeekedOnPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-not-booting-has-error-code?tu=GeekedOnPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.