Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Antennaejim
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I have a switch or possibly a relay issue. I have gone through my switch test on my mpu as I have a pascal mpu. All switches test out fine. The issue is between the middle and lower playfield power. After the ball is shot up the vuk in the lower playfield to the middle playfield, the lights and flippers on the middle playfield are completely off until the ball drains then magically the middle playfield comes back to life sometimes it takes another ball drain. It's only the flippers and gi lights that don't activate. The solenoids and bumpers kick the ball around. I can't find any solutions to this particular issue in the forum and I have seen others post this same issue. Is this a common problem?

#2 1 year ago

Anyone?

#3 1 year ago

Is the game showing a TILT while doing this?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

I have a switch or possibly a relay issue. I have gone through my switch test on my mpu as I have a pascal mpu. All switches test out fine. The issue is between the middle and lower playfield power. After the ball is shot up the vuk in the lower playfield to the middle playfield, the lights and flippers on the middle playfield are completely off until the ball drains then magically the middle playfield comes back to life sometimes it takes another ball drain. It's only the flippers and gi lights that don't activate. The solenoids and bumpers kick the ball around. I can't find any solutions to this particular issue in the forum and I have seen others post this same issue. Is this a common problem?

I believe there is a relay that controls the power for the main playfield and it sounds like it is not being tripped when the ball is shot up from the basement. The relay obviously is fine because when the ball drains on the main playfield it comes alive. I would tend to believe you have a switch that is not activating. Pinpoint your switch and I bet it needs adjustment, even if in the switch test it is fine.

#5 1 year ago

It is not showing tilt. I physically went overever switch checked the soldering and contact spacing when I did the switch test. I went through the ringer before I posted here.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I believe there is a relay that controls the power for the main playfield and it sounds like it is not being tripped when the ball is shot up from the basement.

Check the switches on the VUK. Make sure they the gap is making contact.

#7 1 year ago

I checked the vuk as well on the lower board and everything is in spec.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

I checked the vuk as well on the lower board and everything is in spec.

Then the issue is with the relay, but I tend to agree that the switch needs adjusting and the relay is in good order. The right way to check that switch is with a ball sitting in the saucer and not visually. I would have to check my machine but I think there are two switches under there or two sets of wires going to the same switch.

#9 1 year ago

Check the diodes

#10 1 year ago

I took the lower playfield out last night and checked everything again and nothing needed to be adjusted.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterloo, ON
€ 8.40
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 50.00
Sale Pending!
San Jose, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 218.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
Professor Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside