Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I think Haunted House is a beautiful game, and I might be interesting in picking one up. However, I have heard that it is a difficult game to own. I'm not sure what the issues are. However, I'm not very adept at fixing games, and I'd be worried about getting a game with lots of gremlins. What are the common problems with this game? Do they occur more than with other games? Is it particularly difficult to fix? Any way to help "bullet-proof" this game?

#2 4 years ago

Sys 80 ground mods

#3 4 years ago

Ground mods for sure.

If you want an aftermarket board, you can add multiball and speach, too.

#4 4 years ago

mine worked great.
only small issue i had was ball getting caught behind the secret entrance to the basement. a paperclip (which couldn't be seen under the attic) solved the problem.

#5 4 years ago

As long as the well recommended mods are done, the game is as solid as any other.

#6 4 years ago

Ground Mod tutorial:

2 months later
#7 4 years ago

Here is my experience with HH :

When grounding problems and adding pull-up resistors for under boards transistors, the game is as the others pinball : reliable !

Adding a transistor or a pop-bumper board to drive the Vertical Up Kicker coil helps in ejecting the ball.

I have added some mods like leds for lighting the tube when the ball is ejected, very beautiful.

Now it is also in 7 digits version and with SYS80A roms ...

If you can find one, buy int ! (Yes i know, i'm a GOTLLIEB SYS80 lover ...)

#8 4 years ago

Mine has been solid since I restored it. Changed the caps and bridges, two shot transistors, and a resistor that went out of spec and that was that.

Edit: oh yeah I changed all the connectors too.

#9 4 years ago

This game of all games looks like one of the most difficult to shop and keep going. I passed on it for that reason, that and I can't fit widebody pins in my house. Otherwise I love it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside