(Topic ID: 318811)

Haunted House Lighting Issue: Where to start looking?

By TripleToe

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I'm fairly new to pinball troubleshooting so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've got a Gottlieb Haunted House and an entire segment of playfield lights fails to illuminate and stay on about half of the time. Sometimes it lights, other times it just flashes and fails to stay on. During attract mode, the normal behavior is for alternative segments of lights to toggle on/off, back and forth. You can hear the switch alternate the lights but every so often the segment just flashes rather than stays on. I've attached a link to a video showing the issue. (please forgive my use of the word 'clicker'; I really mean 'switch')

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from TripleToe:

I'm fairly new to pinball troubleshooting so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've got a Gottlieb Haunted House and an entire segment of playfield lights fails to illuminate and stay on about half of the time. Sometimes it lights, other times it just flashes and fails to stay on. During attract mode, the normal behavior is for alternative segments of lights to toggle on/off, back and forth. You can hear the switch alternate the lights but every so often the segment just flashes rather than stays on. I've attached a link to a video showing the issue. (please forgive my use of the word 'clicker'; I really mean 'switch')

Lift up the main playfield and look for the largest bank relay that is moving back and forth on the underside of the playfield, it will be controlling your lighting. May have some bent contacts or dirty contacts.

Start here and go to Lamp section:

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Gottlieb_System_80

#3 1 year ago

Thanks! That was the direction I needed. I haven't messed with those relays before but I sanded the contacts, put some deoxit on them and tweaked them with an adjustment tool and it seems to be better (after several hours of fine tuning). thanks!

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from TripleToe:

Thanks! That was the direction I needed. I haven't messed with those relays before but I sanded the contacts, put some deoxit on them and tweaked them with an adjustment tool and it seems to be better (after several hours of fine tuning). thanks!

Awesome news. Lots of good resources and helpers on the forums. Glad to see HH working.

Ken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-lighting-issue-where-to-start-looking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.