Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bonsoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi there. I have an issue with the pop bumper lamps and the lamps in the two posts at the top left of the main playfield. None of these lamps work in either game play or in the lamp driver test. In the lamp driver test, Q, T and U relays activate. Coin lockout has been disconnected. In attract mode, these lights do not work either. In addition, the lower playfield lights (#313) work during game play, but not in attract mode nor in the lamp driver test.

I can't seem to find these lamp assignments in the schematics. I'm not a novice in reading schematics, but definitely not well practised either.

Can you please direct me to where I can find this info in the schematics, and maybe point me in the direction to find a solution to this?

Thanks

#2 2 years ago

I don't have Haunted House schematics, but on Black Hole, the 313 lamps are on page 45 (playfields non-controlled solenoids and illumination) about 1/3 of the way down. Hopes that helps.

#3 2 years ago

It should go thru the L relay if it's the same as Black Hole.

#4 2 years ago

If the 313s do indeed work the same as in Black Hole -- BH only lights them during gameplay, not in attract, and they are not lit in lamp test as it requires a combination of relays' switches being closed to light them.

#5 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I'm sorry that my post was misleading. My issue is not with the #313 lamps. It is that all the pop bumper lamps (top, main and lower playfields) and the two post lamps at the top left of the main playfield do not illuminate in game play nor do they illuminate in the lamp test. I've cleaned the switches in relays Q, T and U relays and inspected that they are making contact as they should. I can find the pop bumpers in the schematics but not the pop bumper lamps. I figure if I can trace the power route to the lamps, I can find the cause of the issue. Problem is, I can't find these lamps in the schematics.

#6 2 years ago

The BH schematics have the pop bumpers lights are located in the same section as the 313 lamps. Power comes from the transformer panel and goes thru T and U relay. They should not work with the lamp test. The 2 post lamps? I would need the schematics for HH.

#7 2 years ago

Did you test F6 fuse?

#8 2 years ago

Are those pops and the posts lamps just part of the regular playfield GI? Schems don't appear to go into that much detail but I'm assuming they are. If they are then you might have a broken wire under the playfield leading to or from one of those lamps.

#9 2 years ago

Thanks for all the responses. The pop bumper lamps and two post lamps are not part of GI, but rather playfield illumination. As they activated as part of attract mode, I was looking for some kind of 'controlled lamp' tag. But yes, they are 'playfield illumination' and a dead F6 fuse was the culprit. Thanks PinballDr

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-lighting-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.