3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RaoulJuke
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raouljuke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Happy New Year everyone. Ive been having an issue regarding my Haunted House for a lil while now where the game will stop stating " 12 Lamp / Sw 31" . It tends to be when playing & the game drops into the bottom playfield, with the targets keep shooting up before it cancels play.

Ive been treating the issue as likely a switch issue with one of the drop targets on the bottom PF, however i am not sure if this is certain. I've re-adjusted those switches and targets numerous times without any improvement.

Game is using a Janin board if that makes and difference.

Anyone suggest a next step in my diagnoses of the issue?

#2 3 years ago

lil bump if anyone can offer some help

#3 3 years ago

Surely this issue hasn't stumped the pinside tech world? No one has a suggestion?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

You probably got no responses because of the pascal board not a lot of people are familiar with it unless they happen to have one.
From the manual for it though sw31 and L12 are the vertical upkicker either the transistor that L12 is attached to is bad, or the switch there is bad. So check those.... no drops involved. If the pascal 80 board works similar to the system 1 design it can sense shorted transistors and stops running to protect them.

OK, so you are actually thinking its a lamp or transistor issue & not a drop target switch? I will search out L12 a bit more and report back with findings.

1 week later
#8 3 years ago

Hi again, i swapped out the transistor today for a tip36c, as I could not get hold of a similar type and package. This should have been fine tho. However its still not having any luck. I'm getting a series of issues that include the same error as previous.

Also when the ball rolls into the slot for the up kicker it is not firing (even tho the switch appears to be connecting fine. Also when I complete the drop ta4get bank on the lower pf the targets just keep firing up continuously.

I am really at a loss with this, is it possibly a failure on the board?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Hi again, i swapped out the transistor today for a tip36c, as I could not get hold of a similar type and package. This should have been fine tho. However its still not having any luck. I'm getting a series of issues that include the same error as previous.
Also when the ball rolls into the slot for the up kicker it is not firing (even tho the switch appears to be connecting fine. Also when I complete the drop ta4get bank on the lower pf the targets just keep firing up continuously.
I am really at a loss with this, is it possibly a failure on the board?

Just a note, the same error comes up when I test the up kicker coil in test mode.

The up kicker does sometimes fire, just not when its supposed to. Which is a bit of a shame....

#10 3 years ago

Hi everyone, I thought i had this resolved when i replaced the transistor, re-adjusted some switches and also replaced the fuse holder to the upkicker, was able to get games in with the issue occuring.

Unfortunately though the upkicker as stopped working now. I no longer get the error as previous, but the upkicker from the lower to main PF does not work.

When i test the switch (31) it reads fine.

When i test the coil (12) the relay attached to the upkicker fires, but not the actual coil. This same thing happens when in gameplay

What is likely the issue? The switch works and the relay to the upkicker coil is working. Have i perhaps had a bad coil that has been dying ? This seems unlikely to me. I tried replacing the capacitor on the upkicker switch but got the same result. There is a possibility that the capi i used to replace the previous was bad also as i was surprised i had a spare one on hand and looked like i had used this one previously - i might have accidently put an old dead one away.

Based on the above what does the error seem like to you all?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raouljuke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-lamp-12-sw-31?tu=raouljuke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.