• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by athens95
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi All
I posted a few weeks ago on my HH the lower play field up kicker was locking up.I got some good info on replacing the relay with a pop bumper board. bought a kit to do so. I wired it exactly the way the directions explained.And bang when the turn the game on the coil still locks up.Any more help would be much appreciated.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from will:

Hi All
I posted a few weeks ago on my HH the lower play field up kicker was locking up.I got some good info on replacing the relay with a pop bumper board. bought a kit to do so. I wired it exactly the way the directions explained.And bang when the turn the game on the coil still locks up.Any more help would be much appreciated.

Check the coil to see if it has right ohm value, then check the related transistors on the driver or on the small playfield. Gottlieb ran out of drivers and put transistors under the playfield to run some coils.

#3 5 years ago

Can you post your wiring? I assume the pop board tests good if you swap it with another?

#4 5 years ago

check your driver board. You more than likely have a bad transistor. very common but meter the coil first to make sure its not the reason it blew in the first place.

#5 5 years ago

Isn't the point of the pop bumper mod that it can't lock on?

#6 5 years ago

2 things happened
1. The coil diode shorted out. I am assuming it is the correct coil winding here. As it was probably working until it did not work.

Replacing, retrofitting to the pop bumper coil is 100 percent the right thing here.

Next problem.
When you turned the game on with the retrofit and a blown diode in the coil I bet you blew the transistor on the new pop bumper board. So this will also be bad. I have done the same exact thing here.

So, change the diode or entire coil and also repair or replace the pop bumper board. Ones from Rottendog will work

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-horror and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.