4272015_429_(resized).JPG
4272015_428_(resized).JPG
4272015_427_(resized).JPG
4272015_425_(resized).JPG
4272015_426_(resized).JPG
4272015_424_(resized).JPG
4272015_231.jpg
4272015_171.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danczaz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

We'll if you saw my "on the road again" post last weekend you might have got a peek at the Haunted House project I picked up in a trade for my Jungle Lord and Firepower (the second firepower I've owned ... For like 10 days) from a fellow pinsider.

So here is what I am working with....

#2 9 years ago

A NOS or Reproduction back glass
image-298.jpgimage-298.jpg
image-435.jpgimage-435.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Let's look at back box...
image-168.jpgimage-168.jpgimage-743.jpgimage-743.jpgimage-841.jpgimage-841.jpgimage-447.jpgimage-447.jpgimage-103.jpgimage-103.jpgimage-873.jpgimage-873.jpg

#4 9 years ago

And the playfield cabinet... (Note one photo the is some separation we'll have to fix)
image-765.jpgimage-765.jpgimage-163.jpgimage-163.jpgimage-720.jpgimage-720.jpgimage-94.jpgimage-94.jpg

#5 9 years ago

Now here is where it gets fun... pin came with a fully populated main, attic and cellar playfields. It also came with semi-populated main and attic playfields that are in much better cosmetic shape...

Let's look first at the fully populated main and attic playfields...
image-738.jpgimage-738.jpgimage-734.jpgimage-734.jpgimage-862.jpgimage-862.jpgimage-315.jpgimage-315.jpgimage-910.jpgimage-910.jpg

#6 9 years ago

Fully populated cellar (only one I have)...
image-327.jpgimage-327.jpgimage-786.jpgimage-786.jpgimage-12.jpgimage-12.jpg

image-526.jpgimage-526.jpg
#7 9 years ago

Now let's look at the semi-populated main playfield...

image-239.jpgimage-239.jpgimage-854.jpgimage-854.jpgimage-161.jpgimage-161.jpg
image-368.jpgimage-368.jpgimage-432.jpgimage-432.jpgimage-419.jpgimage-419.jpgimage-208.jpgimage-208.jpg

#8 9 years ago

semi populated attic...
image-188.jpgimage-188.jpgimage-161.jpgimage-161.jpgimage-717.jpgimage-717.jpg

#9 9 years ago

So the plan is to clean up the guts of the cabinets first. Then get the game up and running and finally do something about the playfields... My First playfield swap is coming...

#11 9 years ago

Day 1 - drove to South Bend, Indiana to pick up HH. When I got home the plan was to unload and get playfield cabinet on legs and just laid head on it and call it a day... We'll that took awhile. There was one leg leveler that was stuck on the leg... It had been painted and coated over. Couldn't get that SOB to budge. No nut on bottom side either.. There were two different size legs in front and rear so I was not sure how readily available these smaller legs are today. Had to grind off leg leveler on both side and through the nut and then drill out the bolt. Surprisingly I did not mess it up and I was able to put a new leg leveler on the leg. Fun way to start.

image-219.jpgimage-219.jpg

Looked at attaching the head to cabinet but there was rust on bracket where you bolt down the two to each other. So... These all need to come off..

image-930.jpgimage-930.jpg

#12 9 years ago

Day 2 - reviewed the cabinet head and it all needs to come out to be cleaned up. Started dis-assembly. Lot of metal needs to be cleaned, tumbled, etc..

I am thinking about getting everything powder coated HH yellow...

image-223.jpgimage-223.jpgimage-415.jpgimage-415.jpg

#15 9 years ago

Day 3 - just emptied the back box... Dirty, dirty, dirty... I think I am going to get it all powder coated haunted house yellow!
image-959.jpgimage-959.jpgimage-412.jpgimage-412.jpg

#16 9 years ago

What does everybody use to clean the inside of a cabinet? Damp rag, little air to get crap out of corners? Thanks dan

#17 9 years ago

Day 4 - Got all of the back box parts off to Tim at The Powder Pro to get powder coated. 5 miles north of Pinball Life. I'll post some photos when I get them back.

http://www.thepowderpro.com

Took apart that fiber board that holds all the circuit boards and put a first coat of green on it. This was dirty and looked like shit even after I cleaned it up so this you be a nice upgrade. I'll add another coat and then put some triple thick on it. That green board and all the yellow powder coated brackets and other back box parts is going to look real sharp! The front vertical grills next to backglass are also going to be yellow. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Busy weekend so my only goal is to finish up the that fiber board and hand clean the inside of the gutted back box cabinet. I want to get the back box done and put back together before I move on to anything else.

#18 9 years ago

Got the inside of cabinet cleaned up and painted... Got to tumble some hardware and get her back together once my powder coated parts come back...before and after
image-305.jpgimage-305.jpgimage-613.jpgimage-613.jpg

#19 9 years ago

We'll I didn't have an ultrasonic cleaner when the day started... But I just bought myself one!!! Have a feeling this will get a lot of use in during this project ...
image-316.jpgimage-316.jpg

#22 9 years ago

Ever notice when you really want something and you buy it it's on the other side of country.. Ground shipment from Washington. Hope it's here by Saturday but I doubt it...

#24 9 years ago

Defender! Jealous... I have never played haunted house... Hope it's worth the wait...

#28 9 years ago

I might take you up on that!!! I opened her up yesterday and was might intimidated with the amount of work she needs... One step at a time...

Did you do anything to add speech or multiball?

#31 9 years ago

Seadoo master I already read your thread! Super nice!!!

#33 9 years ago

Had some fun with the ultrasonic cleaner... Got the plastic posts that hold the circuit boards cleaned and got them back on the fiberboard with new hardware...

image-564.jpgimage-564.jpgimage-495.jpgimage-495.jpg

#34 9 years ago

Had a chance to pull out the attic and start stripping top side of main playfield. These are the semi-populated playfields but have the better playfield (need to swap). Looks like everything is there but one of the connectors was cutoff.. Have a lot of good parts here.

image-153.jpgimage-153.jpg

#35 9 years ago

So here's my plan for now..
- strip attic (spare but need playfield)
- strip main playfield (spare but need playfield)
- clean up playfield cabinet
- get game up and running
- strip cellar
- swap attic and main playfield
- have a bad ass haunted house

Seems simple when I lay it out above

#36 9 years ago

Spare attic (one I'm using) stripped...

image-615.jpgimage-615.jpg

#38 9 years ago

I thought about it.. Was hoping that after it was cleared and just played HUO it might be ok.. What did you do?

#40 9 years ago

Good luck getting her working Fineod!

#41 9 years ago

Made this decision !!!! $$$ !!!

image-956.jpgimage-956.jpg

#42 9 years ago

Attic is off to HSA... This is going to be a very nice HH one day

#43 9 years ago

Started tearing down top side of main playfield.... Slow and steady is how I'm moving... ( or not enough hours in a day )...

2 weeks later
#44 9 years ago

Got a little distracted by Atlantis- the pin; not the level I will never get to on my RBION... Top side off semi-populated main playfield ( better of two mains) I torn down... (Except that flipper; that torqued bolt was snapped off...wtf)
image-377.jpgimage-377.jpg

#45 9 years ago

And .... Stripped.... Next step is to clean up PF cabinet

4 weeks later
#50 9 years ago

Been slacking on HH but I got my new window and spiderweb from CPR today
image-843.jpgimage-843.jpg

#52 9 years ago

Good catch Vid!!!

If you saw I did cover it up but missed it was on there twice!!!

Fixed

Thanks!!!

1 week later
#54 9 years ago

well my attic is done at HSA!!! Can't wait to see it but...

I traded my HH to a fellow pinsider... I am hoping he will continue the thread... I will post a photo of the attic when it arrives... he has plans to add multiball and speech!!!

I never planed to trade her but I've been looking for SOF for awhile and he really wanted a HH project so worked out perfect for both of us!

Happy Labor Day everyone!!!
Dan

#58 9 years ago

Awesome Mike! Didn't want to share your name w/o your knowledge... I'm looking forward to this as well!!!

#62 9 years ago

WOW!!! Brian at HSA did an amazing job!!!
image-618.jpgimage-618.jpg

#66 9 years ago

I'm not too familiar with Gotliebs but on most games when there is an issue it is the 5101 RAM... Also if you do not beat the default high score it will not keep yours...

2 weeks later
#70 9 years ago

Very cool!!! I can't wait to play!

1 month later
1 month later
2 months later
2 weeks later
#113 9 years ago

Nice! Getting closer and closer... To me being able play a game!

2 months later
#120 8 years ago

Are you going to paint the whole inside and underneath?

1 month later
1 year later
#149 7 years ago

I finally got to see all the PFs and everything else Mike has done... Looks fantastic!

1 month later
#158 7 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

rollinover I didn't know Dan got the game from you. If you don't mind what history do you have with it? I would like to know as much of its life prior to me getting it as possible.

Yes that's where I got it! Jungle Lord and Firepower for HH... Met in parking lot of the minor league baseball team in South Bend...

5 months later
4 years later
#167 3 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Not yet. It will get done someday.

Can’t wait to play!

1 month later
#170 2 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

It hasn't. Life has gotten in the way but I'm working my way back to it.

That’s how it’s been going over here too... hoping to get to a firepower this summer that’s gathering dust.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danczaz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-here-we-go?tu=danczaz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.