4272015_429_(resized).JPG
4272015_428_(resized).JPG
4272015_427_(resized).JPG
4272015_425_(resized).JPG
4272015_426_(resized).JPG
4272015_424_(resized).JPG
4272015_231.jpg
4272015_171.jpg
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago

Dan, you might want to cover your address in the picture - condo dwellers will steal anything.

#52 9 years ago

Good catch Vid!!!

If you saw I did cover it up but missed it was on there twice!!!

Fixed

Thanks!!!

#53 9 years ago

cant wait to see the finished product.

1 week later
#54 9 years ago

well my attic is done at HSA!!! Can't wait to see it but...

I traded my HH to a fellow pinsider... I am hoping he will continue the thread... I will post a photo of the attic when it arrives... he has plans to add multiball and speech!!!

I never planed to trade her but I've been looking for SOF for awhile and he really wanted a HH project so worked out perfect for both of us!

Happy Labor Day everyone!!!
Dan

#55 9 years ago

nice trade SOF is a solid player.

now still would like to see the finished project

#56 9 years ago

Hi Mike here I'm the guy that got the HH. I'll keep adding here to keep it all together. Yes I'm going to do multiball I'm not sure about the speech though. I've heard it and don't think it fits this game well too sci fi but we'll see. I have to get the main and basement fields modded for the multiball before they go to HSA. Mike

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Hi Mike here I'm the guy that got the HH. I'll keep adding here to keep it all together. Yes I'm going to do multiball I'm not sure about the speech though. I've heard it and don't think it fits this game well too sci fi but we'll see. I have to get the main and basement fields modded for the multiball before they go to HSA. Mike

very cool look forward to seeing the progress!

#58 9 years ago

Awesome Mike! Didn't want to share your name w/o your knowledge... I'm looking forward to this as well!!!

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I agree on the speech mod...it just doesn't fit the theme. The music and sounds are one of the best parts of the game and the speech really detracts from the spooky vibe.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Awesome Mike! Didn't want to share your name w/o your knowledge... I'm looking forward to this as well!!!

No problem this should be fun.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I agree on the speech mod...it just doesn't fit the theme. The music and sounds are one of the best parts of the game and the speech really detracts from the Spooky vibe.

I Agree, the more I think about it the more I'm not doing the speech mod

#62 9 years ago

WOW!!! Brian at HSA did an amazing job!!!
image-618.jpgimage-618.jpg

#63 9 years ago

Hi guys as promised an update. I use a Hollywood Heat playfield (also a 3-ball multiball) as a template for cutting the holes in the HH filed for the Multiball mod. I clamped the playfields together.

DSCN0748-261.JPGDSCN0748-261.JPG

Then I took a router and using the HHeat as a guide routed out the HH field

DSCN0749-102.JPGDSCN0749-102.JPG

Then I clamped HHeat on top and used it as a pattern for the screw holes for the ball release mech.

DSCN0750.JPGDSCN0750.JPG

Final one with the mech mounted.

DSCN0751.JPGDSCN0751.JPG

Now I need to get the basement out of the cab and get it stripped and modded before these go to HSA. Mike

#65 9 years ago

Do you know how to get the game to keep the High Scores? I tried what the manual said with the switches but it has not worked. I may be doing something wrong. Thanks for your help. I am also selling it if you are interested. It is listed on Pinside.about a month ago or so.

#66 9 years ago

I'm not too familiar with Gotliebs but on most games when there is an issue it is the 5101 RAM... Also if you do not beat the default high score it will not keep yours...

1 week later
#67 9 years ago

Small update. The first of I'm sure many orders from PBR

DSCN0814.JPGDSCN0814.JPG

I now have both main pf's stripped and ready to go to HSA. I still need to strip the basement and the second attic.

DSCN0815.JPGDSCN0815.JPG

#68 9 years ago

very nice heading toward a beautiful game!

#69 9 years ago

Have an exciting update at least for me it's exciting. I got a package from France today

DSCN0828.JPGDSCN0828.JPG

I also have the core attic pf stripped and ready to go. This project will be put on the backburner for a couple of weeks. I'm trying to get my Lah and TnT ready for Expo. Once they're done it will be full bore on HH. Mike

#70 9 years ago

Very cool!!! I can't wait to play!

#71 9 years ago

Thanks Dan I can't wait either.

#72 9 years ago

That thing is going to be sweet when you get it done! Ive never played one with the multi ball but it sure sounds cool.

Quoted from danczaz:

Very cool!!! I can't wait to play!

You might be waiting a long time, some of us have been waiting years to play Mike's shit.

Edit: I did finally get to play his Excalibur about a week ago

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Edit: I did finally get to play his Excalibur about a week ago

I saw the pics. Only thing was it wasn't mine anymore

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

You might be waiting a long time, some of us have been waiting years to play Mike's shit.

I know I know, Half my "shit" is folded up at the moment

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I know I know, Half my "shit" is folded up at the moment

Edit that, over half

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Small update. The first of I'm sure many orders from PBR

I now have both main pf's stripped and ready to go to HSA. I still need to strip the basement and the second attic.

DSCN0814.JPG 281 KB

DSCN0815.JPG 305 KB

sweet !!!!

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Edit that, over half

You'll get there eventually, but there's never enough time it seems. I have been wanting to fix a few small things on some of my "shit" so I can host again but never seem to get it done. When I finally get the time I'm so burnt out from running non stop that I just crash and burn on the couch.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

You'll get there eventually, but there's never enough time it seems. I have been wanting to fix a few small things on some of my "shit" so I can host again but never seem to get it done. When I finally get the time I'm so burnt out from running non stop that I just crash and burn on the couch.

I'm with you on that. In addition to lah and TnT. I've got the injectors out of my 7.3 and found out yesterday I need to replace the injector cups also. I need to get the truck back together to get the games to Expo

3 weeks later
#79 9 years ago

I do have a small update I met up with Brian from HSA last night when I dropped off my games at expo so the main playfield will be in progress now.If your reading this Brian it was definitely a pleasure meeting you, he even gave me a few tips I'll try on my next CC I didn't have time to get the basement modded in time for Expo so I'll be sending that after the madness of the last month has settled down. Mike

1 week later
#80 9 years ago

I got a couple of neat things from PBR today..N.O.S main pf and back box wiring harnesses

DSCN0934.JPGDSCN0934.JPGDSCN0935.JPGDSCN0935.JPGDSCN0932.JPGDSCN0932.JPGDSCN0933.JPGDSCN0933.JPG

#81 9 years ago

looking good man, cant wait to see it all assembled!

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I got a couple of neat things from PBR today..N.O.S main pf and back box wiring harnesses

You are the SOB that snaked that away from me!! I called Steve after asking about it, and he said he just sold it. Lucky you

That means you owe me dibs on it when you sell!

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

You are the SOB that snaked that away from me!! I called Steve after asking about it, and he said he just sold it. Lucky you
That means you owe me dibs on it when you sell!

I saw it about a week before I pulled the trigger. I figured someone would have grabbed it at that price. I guess even I get lucky once in awhile This game will be going nowhere for a long while if ever. It was actually at the top of my want list but I just never got one until now other deals always came up but never a HH untill this year. I guess I just had to meet Dan to make it happen

#85 9 years ago

I had the option to pick one of these up a few months ago and passed because I was afraid it would fit down my steps. Now I'm more afraid of the inside of this game. Wow... How did they make money one these? So labor intensive. This has got to be one of the more difficult games to restore. Hats off to you!

1 month later
#86 9 years ago

A very exciting update today got a gift from HSA

DSCN0954.JPGDSCN0954.JPG

Here's the link to the before and after pics from HSA http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa120814hh.html#grid

Now I need to get the basement done and sent off. Mike

#87 9 years ago

I got most of the modding to the cellar done today just need to cut a switch slot in the pf.

DSCN0964.JPGDSCN0964.JPGDSCN0965.JPGDSCN0965.JPG

I altered mine from what Pascal did I kept the outside wire form so it acts as the backstop for the vuk (don't have to add a post) Had another Gottlieb wire form of the right length to bring the ball around to the release lane. Mike

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

A very exciting update today got a gift from HSA

HSA does nice work!

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

HSA does nice work!

I agree

1 week later
#90 9 years ago

Well I finally got the last of the modding done to the cellar. I got the new switch slot cut and filled the three holes i won't be using anymore. It's off to HSA this week

DSCN1014.JPGDSCN1014.JPG

2 weeks later
#92 9 years ago

Does anybody know what type of wood Gottlieb used for the corner blocks on these cabs?It's one of the rear corner ones with the leg nut plate on it. It isn't pine is it? I have a cracked one I need to replace now that I'm starting to think about working on the cab.

#93 9 years ago

I think Pine would be too soft for that use, it might be alder.

Steve

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I think Pine would be too soft for that use, it might be alder.
Steve

I agree pine would seem to soft.

1 month later
#95 9 years ago

Finally an update. I got an email from Brian today http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa022615hhlow.html#grid

Tracking shows I should have it tomorrow.

#96 9 years ago

man, that's gunna look nice when dropped in.
almost want to add some extra creative / interactive lighting for the basement just to show it off more during gameplay.

#97 9 years ago

Greetings,

I got my HH about 2 weeks ago. It was in awful shape but playable-ish. I have been making every wrong move with it since. Blowing fuses... using lunks of copper wire just to get to go... blowing coils... using paint pens on the playfield...ripping stuff out because it was rusty and destroyed. It is a frustrating experience. If I take my glasses off and play the game with 20 amp fuses in all the fuse clips it plays for a long while until I see smoke... which adds to the haunted effect. Seriously, I have a lot to learn. I want a perfect main playfield and then I would take this machine seriously. Until then I am doing little by little. New plastics, new coils, new boards, new acorn screw caps, new LED lights, new aux light driver for the lightning (a MUST for this game). Now I am painting the inside of the cabinet with kilz and clearing out as much rust as possible. It is such a shame these machines were so horribly treated. At times I want to give up and sell it. Then I turn it on at night and it just shines like an incredible Haunted House. I can't wait to get it finished. Can I find a NOS or reproduced main playfield somewhere. My attic and basement are fine. Best wishes... Jeff

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffiowa:

Greetings,
I got my HH about 2 weeks ago. It was in awful shape but playable-ish. I have been making every wrong move with it since. Blowing fuses... using lunks of copper wire just to get to go... blowing coils... using paint pens on the playfield...ripping stuff out because it was rusty and destroyed. It is a frustrating experience. If I take my glasses off and play the game with 20 amp fuses in all the fuse clips it plays for a long while until I see smoke... which adds to the haunted effect. Seriously, I have a lot to learn. I want a perfect main playfield and then I would take this machine seriously. Until then I am doing little by little. New plastics, new coils, new boards, new acorn screw caps, new LED lights, new aux light driver for the lightning (a MUST for this game). Now I am painting the inside of the cabinet with kilz and clearing out as much rust as possible. It is such a shame these machines were so horribly treated. At times I want to give up and sell it. Then I turn it on at night and it just shines like an incredible Haunted House. I can't wait to get it finished. Can I find a NOS or reproduced main playfield somewhere. My attic and basement are fine. Best wishes... Jeff

Start with the ground mods. https://www.flippers.com/gottlieb_ground_cures.html
Then work you way through the other boards, buy new ones like you have been, or have them sent out if you aren't comfortable/experienced working on boards. You need to examine the old boards regardless though an find out what killed them or you will very likely damage new boards when they are installed and connected (if something on the PF was why the board died, which it usually is). Never over fuse a game (unless you want to burn your house down), and work slowly and methodically. Just my two cents, whether you wanted them or not.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Finally an update. I got an email from Brian today http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa022615hhlow.html#grid
Tracking shows I should have it tomorrow.

wow that turned out amazing! cant wait to see her all done!

#100 9 years ago

just picked one up last night. Love this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-here-we-go/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.