Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

So when I turn on my Haunted House none of the displays work. The lighting behind the back glass and the playing field works as well as it plays some sounds every 5 minutes. It does not allow the game to start, showing no credits or any of the displays for that matter. Any ideas?

#2 5 years ago

Haunted house is nothing but trouble.

#3 5 years ago

Was the game working before ?
Do you have enough pinballs in the machine ?
Have you checked the display fuse?

#4 5 years ago

There are just so many things that can go wrong with system 80. There are a million threads on bullet-proofing them and some great helpful guys on here that will walk you through it. I am about to wrap up my HH repairs myself.

My limited knowledge would say to check the fuse obviously. Then I would go to the edge connectors on the right side of the CPU. They need repinned anyways if they have not been. There are about 10 ICs on the board that run the displays and a 6532 processor. Probably something simple though. I am sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

#6 5 years ago

This is a great collection of service bulletins and fixes to common problems. I used it frequently when fixing mine

#7 5 years ago

i started replacing the fuses and more things started working and some still did not, but i still have to replace about 5 fuses, I'm going to replace those 5 and see what happens after that. as of now the game comes on, with full audio and all lights, all the bumpers and flippers are working. it is not keeping score, although score is displayed and and only some of the out holes are working.

#8 5 years ago

You will have to go in and do a switch test on every switch and solenoid

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside