(Topic ID: 175447)

Haunted House Help , lost sound & lost upkicker.

By APE

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

totally new hear and to repairs.bought a HH from an owner who had it up an running since the early 80's. Game has had no ground mods or any work done on it. Game was running fine for a few weeks and a family member tried to close the coin door after a stuck ball, and the game completely restarted. From this point on the game lost all sound and the upkicker from the basement, has died.

any good starting point as to what might have went, to start the fix and problem solving.

any help much appreicated it.

#2 7 years ago

For starters, with the power off, check the A1J4 and other driver board connections. Never work on the game with the power on.

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

#3 7 years ago

Take a look at the driver board. Did anything burn up on it?

#4 7 years ago

Closing the coin door restarting the game sounds like the slam tilt switch might have gone off. Gottlieb system 80 slam tilt is normally closed, common practice is to just jumper them shut to avoid problems like that.

I can't imagine much that would effect both the sound and the upkicker besides a bad interconnect between the driver and the MPU, but that's not that likely. Does the sound test work if you press the button on the sound board? Can you hear the background noise of the amp if you turn the volume back and forth?

As for the upkicker, do you have schematics for the game? Troubleshooting that would depend on whether it uses an under-playfield transistor or not.

In general, I'd go and check your voltages for both. Should be 25+VDC on one side of the upkicker coil, and a variety of voltages coming into the sound board (check the manual for specifics, or I might be able to find my list from Black Hole (same sound board))

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-help-lost-sound-lost-upkicker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.