Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hh2 (resized).jpg
hh (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hi, I've been working on this game for a couple of weeks and hit a wall. A history of what I've done thus far. Replaced mpu with rotten dogg, rebuilt power supply, replaced bridge rectifiers and caps in bottom of cab, ground mods, and repined all bad edge connectors I could find. Got the game fire up and stared to test out switches and coils. When I tested the extra ball kick out the game play went dead and the displays started alternating between these 2 sets of numbers. Powered the game down and turned it back on now it will just show the numbers and attract sound will play. The test button on the coindoor will do nothing.

hh (resized).jpghh (resized).jpghh2 (resized).jpghh2 (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago

How did you “test” the kick out? Closing the leaf switch for the solenoid? Or pushing the kick out button (which would include a message back to the board and then firing the solenoid).

Did the solenoid fire and stay locked on? Fire and then system locked up? Or never fired before system locked up?

#4 5 years ago

The flashing between two sets of numbers mimics attract mode (high score and last game scores).

Possibly locked in attract mode with garbage numbers sent to the displays. Do the numbers change each time you power up again? Or stay the same (like it was two sets of scores)

#5 5 years ago

I don’t know enough about which boards the mpu needs to boot up, but can you disconnect either or both of the switch matrix (signals coming back from playfield ) or driver board (controlling the kick out solenoids), and see if the system boots up again?

#6 5 years ago

Wow, Hate to say it but it sounds as though your Rotten-dog threw a shoe. Do you have any other system 80 CPU you could try? I've had 3 HH's and I've been dying for a fourth after Pascal's speech and multi-ball stuff was invented. I even have a fully working/shopped Volcano here to use for parts.

#7 5 years ago

No I don't. But I may have a system 80 test tester and some spare riot chips at my old shop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-help-displays-showing-weird-numbers?hl=mombo-number-5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.