Haunted House help

By LoserKid_Pinball

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

When I turn on the Haunted House it does it's warm up but after it warms up it won't play sound, won't respond to the start button. The lights are all on instead of rotating though it's cycle. I tested the power points on the power supply. I'm get 5 at the 5 vdc I'm getting 48 at the 42 terminal and I'm getting 66 at the 60 termainal

#2 9 years ago

Also the player displays are flashing rapidly between the high score and 0. Also the pin doesn't respond to adding credits

#3 9 years ago

You have original boards in it or Pascal Janin board ??

#4 9 years ago

5V is right on.
The 10% difference in 60V power is fine.
Your 42V supply is also working properly -- should be 18VDC lower than your 60 (66) volt line.

As Mike mentioned - original boards or replacements?
Are the connectors and contacts originals?
Good power AND ground at CPU board & driver board?

#5 9 years ago

All original boards. Connectors and contacts are original. I will check power and ground at cou and driver

#6 9 years ago

How would I check ground? All it has the grounding mod to all boards

#7 9 years ago

Ground mods pretty much take care of grounding... just make sure they're all tight.
Original connectors with bad contacts can cause any of a myriad of problems that can manifest themselves in any inconceivable way.

Abnormally fast in cycling of displays? Any battery corrosion?

#8 9 years ago

Yes it has abnormally fast cycling of the displays. No battery corrosion from what I can tell. The old battery has been removed from the mpu and a new one relocated under all the boards to prevent any future corrosion

#9 9 years ago

Also the wiring harness from the mpu to the driver isn't ground.

#10 9 years ago

A new power supply cable and interconnect cable fixed many of my problems. I got them both on epay.

1 month later
#12 9 years ago

So I got a new Pascal board in my haunted house. Got it all set up. Everything checks out but when I push the start button it says check coil 9. Any one know which coil is #9?

#13 9 years ago

I remember it being the Outhole on the main playfield.

#14 9 years ago

Thanks vid! I appreciate it

1 month later
#15 9 years ago

So I installed a new pascal board in my haunted house. Was working fine but I turned it on today and the displays are showing anything, pin isnt responding at all to me pushing the buttons to start it and the blue pi-80 MCU board has a red led that is flashing. Any suggestions? Also all the play field littles and back glass lights are working and flashing as if they were in attract mode

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.