By solarvalue

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have a neglected HH which I am trying to get up and running. I have had all the boards checked and repaired, repinned the connectors, and done the ground mods. I have connected J1 only on the power supply and the voltages are all good. I'm now checking the coil resistances before putting all the other connectors on the boards and powering up. All coils are above 2.4 ohms, except for:

1. Main playfield lower pop bumper resistance: 1.9 ohms, disconnected 2.0 ohms, with diode cut 1.2 ohms
So I guess this coil is bad?

1. All 4 main playfield flippers resistance: 1.5 ohms
I disconnected one of these and get 3.5 ohms
What does this mean?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

How did you disconnect them exactly?

Desoldered the wire from one of the lugs.

Quoted from zacaj:

Is only one pop reading that low, or all of them?

Just that one.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Which lug on the flipper did you remove? If it was one of the ones on the EOS, then you removed the EOS from the circuit, which would effect the readings.

If one pop reads different from the rest it's definitely bad.

Thanks for posting that chart.

Actually, the pop bumper coil is an A-4893. It's the only pop bumper with that coil and, looking at that chart, the resistance is about right, so I guess it's ok.

I removed the ground wires from the left lug of the flipper coil, the EOS is still connected.

#6 5 years ago

The upper flipper coils give a different (higher) reading when connected and Clay's guides says all the coils should be over 2.4 ohms, so that's why I'm thinking there might be a problem.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The A-20095 super flipper should be under 2 ohms

These are all A-17875, on both the upper and lower playfield.

I just did some more testing:

On the upper playfield flipper coils (which are still connected), I'm getting 3.2 ohms.

On the lower playfield, I'm getting 1.6 ohms on all 4 flipper coils.

When I disconnect the ground wire from one of the lower playfield left flippers, I get 2.9 ohms at both the disconnected flipper coil and the other left flipper coil which is still connected. Does this tell us something?

Is their anything else in the circuit which could be causing the low reading?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

On the lower playfield, I'm getting 1.6 ohms on all 4 flipper coils.

Is this normal?

Can someone please put the leads of their multimeter on the outside lugs of one of your main playfield flipper coils and read the resistance for me? You should be able to do it through the coin door, don't even need to lift the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-gottlieb-system-80-low-coil-resistance-values?tu=solarvalue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.