• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by blownfuse
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hello All,

On my main pf there are actually different voltages feeding the left side and right side flippers.

The left side has just been noticeably underpowered/weaker when compared to the right side. You cannot make it to the upper playfield with the left side. In checking the voltages the left side is approximately 24VDC and the right side is around 36VDC.

Can someone confirm what they have? I think that the schematic might actual show 24VDC but I can't recall at the moment. If it is 24VDC then there must be another issue as they are noticeably weak. (dirty leaf contacts maybe?). I do have all new mini flipper kits from Steve but I have yet to install them.

Let me know.

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

36 VDC left and right (between the 2 ouside lugs on the coils).

#3 5 years ago

Make sure the weak left side flipper has the EOS switch closed tight and clean.
And at full stroke of flipper that it opens 1/8 inch. You are likely dropping voltage as the EOS is barely closed in normal position.

#4 5 years ago

CNKay has the possible item to look at, an out of adjustment EOS switch or bad contact point. If there's a break in the power side of the flipper coil, it would be weak but the flipper would flutter because of EOS so that can't be the issue. If a flipper coil is connected backwards, it'll always be weak and eventually it'll burn up. This would also be seen however I'd compare the left to right sides to see if they are wired correctly just in case. Also, if the flipper plunger has been replaced, it's possible that it has been pinched at the cotter pin. This would also make it seem weaker. No up and down play at the shaft will also slow the bat down with drag.

Steve

#5 5 years ago

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for the replies! I am happy to hear that 36VDC is in fact what is expected.

I have a full supply of the mini flipper rebuild kits now Steve, I just haven't installed them. One of the coils burnt up a week ago and while I have two on order from you I have found a couple of additional coils here in Canada and they arrived yesterday so I will install them along with the new rebuild kits.

The EOS switches are in dire need of repair so that will all be taken care of in the next few days.

Love the pin and now I have to get on to touching up the all too common PF wear.

Any chance that we can get some pf artwork or overlays to help us address this? It is far too beautiful a pin to stay in this state. I am just starting to do this on my own and it is such an undertaking...

Once again, I appreciate all of the feedback and suggestions.

#6 5 years ago

Um, different Steve as far as I know. (looking in mirror) Yep, I'm not him.

Steve

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop
Machine - For Sale
Woodruff, SC
€ 8.40
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
Machine - For Sale
Itasca, IL
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside