Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
CAM00593_(resized).jpg
CAM00592_(resized).jpg
CAM00591_(resized).jpg
IMG_11941_1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago

I had a similar System 80 problem recently that I had not previously seen, and it was due to flaky female connectors on the power supply. Rebuild those and you'll likely be set.

#14 8 years ago

I meant the connector on the harness. If you've replaced the connector to the CPU from the power supply, that should've done the trick, but I'd suggest repinning the other connectors, especially your connector from the bridge rectifiers.

#18 8 years ago

Sorry Bruce, sometimes I think I'm being clear when I am not.

The displays get their power from the power supply. The CPU works some magic as well, but let's rule that out for now.

The power supply is where we want to focus. I do not have a game in front of me to tell you connector numbers/letters, but each of the connectors on the powers supply should be rebuilt. use .156 trifurcon pins and molex connectors, which you can can purchase for pennies at great plains electronics. You will also need a crimping tool if you do not have one. Cut the wires one at a time, strip the end, then crimp the new pins on and slide into the connector housing. Doing it one at a time will prevent you from making a grave error.

I hope that is more clear. Let me know if not.

-Nick

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-displays-pulsing-and-flickering?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.