You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1254.JPG
samen.jpg
samen2.jpg
samen3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jappie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Recently I was lucky enough to buy an original backglass in great shape for my Haunted House sample game (serial 01211S). The paint had started to let loose of the original backblass.

When I compared the 2 backglasses side by side, I noticed 2 obvious differences in the glasses. 1. The picture in my new one seems to be much sharper. 2. The colors are very different, especially in the reds and the purples. Check it out:
The two backglasses togetherThe two backglasses together
Obvious difference in the coloring of the waterObvious difference in the coloring of the water
Obvious difference in color and sharpnessObvious difference in color and sharpness

Now I'm curious: Is this because of a change in production? Or is the new one a bit faded? Doesn't seem like that, because there are reds and purples on the new one, just a lot less of them.

Owners: how do your Haunted House backglasses look? Do they have the obvious purples and reds or no?

#3 9 years ago

Thanks Marco! Anybody else?

#5 9 years ago

I might. But the 'old' one isn't in terribly good shape. And I'm located in the Netherlands...

#10 9 years ago

Sure, one of them could be a repro, but that's not likely.

The glass that my machine came with was definately with the machine for as long as the previous owner had it. Which was 20+ years. The owner before him was the original operator.

The glass I just bought was with the previous owner for 20+ years as well. Long before repros were made, I think.

#11 9 years ago

Nice collection by the way, swanng!

#13 9 years ago

True, it could be a lot of things. Still, I've never seen differences on backglasses like these before. It doesn't look faded. Different screening process? Could be. Different paint? Also possible. Anyway, I'm still curious what the reason is that these glasses differ from each other so much in the details.

Should you ever examine your own HH backglasses, I'd be very curious on how they look in these areas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jappie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-differences-in-backglasses?tu=Jappie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.