Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190208_162352 (1) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from athens95:

Under playfield fuse is blown. Look under the PF, you will find it

Yes, check fuses, some under pf, some are in the cab by the front. Also there are under pf transistors that drive pops etc, and pop bumper boards. There were a handful of tech bulletins for the sys80 games, maybe those weren’t done?

#6 5 years ago

I wonder if you are having coils or other things staying locked on.

With those old games, it isn't a bad idea to just shot gun all the under pf transistors, rebuild or replace pop bumper boards, verify the ground mod(s) and check the edge connectors/replace.

You'll have to see what those fuses are for, and start tracing the wiring to see if there is a visual issue on that line or troubleshoot a logic issue.

#18 5 years ago

Not the perfect advice but my BH did random crap when I got it. I ended up buying the pascal all in one board, and the game worked except some coils which I replaced the under pf transistors and rebuilt all pop bumper boards. Then I shipped all original boards out to Clive at the coin op cauldron to refurbish. Those components are super old so any component that’s out of spec could make some funny stuff happen. Maybe it’s worth having all the boards looked at? You also may want to consider repinning all or most of the connectors as another safe thing to do.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from davrol:

Fixed it, it was the 4 bank droptarget reset coil burnt and grounding the F15 fuse thanks for all your help, i've learnt loads in process from you kind people. I still have no sound but I think it's dew to the fuse block and old fuses. Hopefully I'll have full working machine by the end of the week. Just to say I spoke to a chap Bob from pinball Toys in the UK who really help out to find the prob. I was getting worried I was going the blow HH up. Thanks again for everyones help.

awesome news! Yeah, this is exactly how I learned as well. It is SUPER daunting at first, but have a manual and a forum post and you'll find help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-coil-prob?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.