Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190208_162352 (1) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mynameisbond.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Also check A3j4 Connector. Pins 6 to 12 are connected to the coils you mention, and they may be rusty or broken...

#8 5 years ago

Did you check the 4 bridge rectifiers ?
What happens if you switch the pinball on after you have disconnected the boards (CPU, driver, etc...) ?

#10 5 years ago

Well, when the fuses blow as soon as you switch the pinball on, it is often due to a bridge rectifier shorted. In an HH, there are 4 bridge rectifiers located at the bottom of the cabinet, close to the fuses (which are direct connected to them).

As you are facing a coil problem, it is more than possible that the 24V and/or the 38V bridge rectifiers are burnt.

Testing a bridge rectifier is quite the same as testing 4 diodes and Marvin's bible explains how to do this perfectly.

However, the values you mention for the 4 diodes in-line on A2 are good.

#11 5 years ago

Oups, forgot the last question : No continuity sound when testing a transistor, but a value depending on the transistor type.

#14 5 years ago

Hi Davrol,
Reading between each prong should be around .6 (and 0 the other way). So I suggest you change the bridges with 1.99 or changing values.

I don't think it is a problem if you have continuity form a transistor, as long as it is soldered.

Oh, and if you have to change some BR, I suggest you also change the orange capacitor if it has not been done yet.

#16 5 years ago

Should be fine. Take care to respect polarity as the prong which is not the same direction than the 3 others is +. Its opposite is -. I made the mistake when I soldered a BR and the Fuse kept blowing.
Let us know if the fuses still blow instantly after BR are changed

#22 5 years ago

Good to know guy ! I will need to talk to Bob too, as my HH is still soundless and F4 fuse still blows when the ball enters cellar (and I can't see any trouble with the "U" relay).

Investigations still in progress for me,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mynameisbond.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-coil-prob?tu=mynameisbond and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.