40BADF05-370A-4CF9-903A-869AB9161A97 (resized).jpeg
0CC74C5D-BFBD-4551-B004-95510375A1FB (resized).jpeg
20E2D40E-DC0D-40B1-BFA3-35A5AFA6AD32 (resized).jpeg
2D44A099-A330-4031-A82F-313138613350 (resized).jpeg
F78436B5-010D-4098-AA79-9DA49692E95E (resized).jpeg
25ED4B57-8CAA-448C-B200-FBC600048466 (resized).jpeg
4AD69A75-3665-4588-B0A3-86415AAE590B (resized).jpeg
9AB6E0D5-5359-45FC-A7DB-80AA24D65F97 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I am trying to find out how to calibrate the sound on haunted house. The manual says you can calibrate using the two pots on the sounds board but it doesn't give a procedure for doing so. Do any of you happen to know

Just treat them like nipples... tweak until something good happens or you get slapped.

3 months later
#299 7 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

I recently bought a lower PF from a fellow pinsider and it just arrived. It's in good condition overall, despite a few dimples from the ball drops and a very minor amount of wear.
Luckily, this was Mylar'd a long time ago just after the wear was starting to show, and preserved everything for the most part. I'll eventually get to swapping it out for mine, which has the actual circular wear to the wood marks.
I'm just not sure how I want to go about it. Should I personally peel the Mylar, touch up the paint and then clear coat? Should I send it off to an expert?
If it was main PF, I wouldn't mind spending extra and having some top notch guy like Kruzman work his magic, but it's such a hidden part of the game and a majority of it can't be seen.
I'm torn on what to do...

That's in very nice condition for a HH lower playfield. If you plan on keeping it, I would send it out. The ball drop area takes a lot of abuse and if you have it restored now it should last forever.

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from J-A-Z:

So my 4 digit display lost just one of its segments. The 10s place on the credit side. Its not flickering or faint, its just gone. I decided to re-pin the connector since I had an extra 19pin molex connector from GreatPlainsElectronics, but that didnt fix it. I know its not a prob with the display itself because grabbed my display from MGOW and tried it and same issue. Anyone got any ideas?

It may be an issue on the MPU board. Check, Z22 or Z23, I think? I had to change 7448 chip on my HH for the same reason.

#301 7 years ago
Quoted from J-A-Z:

So my 4 digit display lost just one of its segments. The 10s place on the credit side. Its not flickering or faint, its just gone. I decided to re-pin the connector since I had an extra 19pin molex connector from GreatPlainsElectronics, but that didnt fix it. I know its not a prob with the display itself because grabbed my display from MGOW and tried it and same issue. Anyone got any ideas?

Read this again, noticed you say you lost a segment but then said its the 10s place... sounds like a digit issue. If that is the case, suspect MPU chip at Z26.

These may help...

Screenshot_21.pngScreenshot_21.png
Screenshot_20.pngScreenshot_20.png

1 year later
#499 6 years ago

Been in storage a couple years, bringing her back home...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#507 6 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

Hi all - ok stupid question as I just noticed this yesterday while taking apart the machine for a restore. Seems the legs on the one I have are shorter in the front - is this "normal"?
Thanks

Yup.

Rear - 31"
Front - 27"

7 months later
#578 5 years ago

My window is perfectly level with just the stock screws and little pad on each screw. Do you have an aftermarket window or stock? Maybe post a picture.

2 months later
#617 5 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

I am currently working on my haunted house and I am not sure what to do next. Just finished up ground mods and wanted to make sure jumping them all to this ground terminal block is ok. When I power it up all I'm getting is the displays alternating from 000,000 to 770,000 and nothing else. The first time I powered it up after getting it the lower playfield up kick coil burnt up and I haven't replaced it yet. Just not %100 sure what to look at next. Any help would be great.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d be cutting that battery off of there if I was you.

9 months later
#734 4 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Hey gang. Extremely pleased to finally be a part of this club. I've wanted a HH ever since I was a kid playing it on Microsoft's Pinball Arcade. There is something that is just SO cool about this game. Anyway, I picked this one up on the coast of Maine and I'm deciding to go the full restoration-route with this one. Doesn't need a whole ton of work as far as the playfield is concerned, but some.
I'm mostly here to have you all tell me what I should do and how I should do it! My plan is: do all the touchups by hand (I have an arts degree so this shouldn't be so hard), clear coat the play fields, do all the appropriate ground mods and pop bumper mods, get a new backglass or get this one restored.
Things I'm mulling over already:
One of the pop bumpers is dead. Not really sure how to go about fixing that board or if I should just go ahead and replace all the pop bumper boards with new ones.
While the color matching, hand painting, and paint application don't scare me, but the clear coat application does. I've got an auto body shop (where some of the owners are pin owners as well coincidentally) who are willing to do some clear coating on the play fields at $200 a pop so I'm planning on just sending it to them, but the whole plexiglass area on the playfield seems problematic to the clear coat process?
I need to learn how to repin molex connectors. You can probably see that there was some hack who did some "repairs" of just clipping one of the cables from A12-J/P4 connector and just tied the two grounds together (eek).
I'm sure I'll have some other questions in the future but right now those are the ones that hit me over the head.
Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Remove the window from the main playfield before you start. It sits on little foam washers and the depth can be adjusted. Not a problem.

For clear coat, ideally you want to clean the playfield, then clearcoat/sand in order to create a very flat surface BEFORE you do your art repairs. It’s also really helpful to be able to clear after painting a large area to lock in your work. Not sure how that works at $200 a pop... maybe they’ll work with you on it since they’re pin guys.

Checkout vid1900’s playfield restore thread for an awesome guide.

1 year later
#1101 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Looking at a Haunted House pin possibly. Boots and plays but no sound and the flippers in the lower playfield do not work. Cabinet seems pretty good condition, no rust. Been in the peoples home for 30 years and not maintained. I see lots of sound issues with this game in the past posts but not much about the lower playfield. What would cause lower flippers to not function? Do the sound boards usually just go bad?

If the price is good and it’s pretty solid other than those few issues, just buy it. Any sys80 that sits will have quirks to work through and need some bulletproofing.

Flippers could be a fuse or relay.

Check that boards look good, check displays work (it’s usually OK if they are a bit dim). Look for bad hacks or missing parts. Check for missing plastics and playfield wear. Factor all of this into the price you offer.

You will also typically need to do grounding mods, some power supply work, and repin connectors to make these reliable.

1 week later
#1107 2 years ago

Haven’t had the playfield up in over five years on this one. Still nice and clean!

5F3BBB37-F45B-4960-8F6A-B96DEF943B0E.jpeg5F3BBB37-F45B-4960-8F6A-B96DEF943B0E.jpeg

3 weeks later
#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Instead of pounding those in maybe put a block of wood on the playfield side (with cardboard, felt, etc to protect the playfield side and then just use and clamp to press them in. I would try that around that edge by the window.

Good idea, but to be really safe, I would use a plank of wood instead of cardboard or felt. Even a 4x4" block will distribute the pressure and not telegraph an indentation.

1 month later
#1148 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Ran into an issue with HH tonight, looking for additional troubleshooting steps. The symptom is no sound at all.
Game and Sound was working, Fuse f2 was blown and game wouldn’t boot. Replaced f2, game booted but no sound.
Fuse F8 is good and has correct voltage
All the test point voltages on the sound board are correct.
reseated all connectors (multiple times)
flipped the background sound dipswitch off an on
Tried different positions of the volume pot
Still no sound, any ideas would be great.

Maybe check Z13 on the driver board?

2 weeks later
#1156 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

So I have the opportunity to buy a HH which would be amazing
Cab is fan freaking tastic I mean it’s real nice
Plays 100%
Barely any window wear
I’ve noticed there are a couple wear spots by the flippers on the lower level
The other playfields look great
Also,noticed the secret passage plastic is not there
Price is around 2k
Aould these couple issues stop me from buying
I’m really picky and would want to repair the issues seems like the plastic is not attainable
Thanks

Check the back glass for bubbling, check MPU for battery damage.

As far as I know, replacing the secret plastic means buying a full set, so factor that into cost. I would make an offer a bit lower citing the pf wear and plastic. Plan on doing some bullet proofing after… re-pinning connectors, doing ground mods, replacing some caps at minimum.

7 months later
#1197 1 year ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

Just got my very own HH. Worked perfectly when I got it from the seller. Disconnected it and got it home. Everything worked briefly. In the middle of my first game the ball got stuck in the middle VUK on the left and the score went blank. Numerous resets and I can’t get the scores to show at all. The game doesn’t even boot up. GI turns on but no scores show at all. Any ideas where to start looking?

I’d start by checking fuses and reseating connectors in the backbox.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-club-the-beautiful-beast-all-welcome?tu=radium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.