2D44A099-A330-4031-A82F-313138613350 (resized).jpeg
F78436B5-010D-4098-AA79-9DA49692E95E (resized).jpeg
25ED4B57-8CAA-448C-B200-FBC600048466 (resized).jpeg
4AD69A75-3665-4588-B0A3-86415AAE590B (resized).jpeg
9AB6E0D5-5359-45FC-A7DB-80AA24D65F97 (resized).jpeg
B58217CC-4764-471F-8657-FA98CF7A3E8E (resized).jpeg
EBAC3154-AF2B-490B-8588-49DE2297994D (resized).jpeg
C0BD6704-3E31-4F45-B0E3-ED5D6459B896 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#370 7 years ago

Hi all, I got my Haunted House about a month ago and it has been tons of fun. Blue LEDs were installed in the upper playfield by the guy I bought it from, which I really like. I am doing 8 313 LEDs from cointaker with the green caps from pbwizard in the cellar. Also, swapping out the flipper rubbers with the super bands, blue in the attic, orange on main floor and green in the cellar. Here is a pic when I first got it. When I am done with the other stuff I will post more pics. I am also interested in doing some art on the side, spider webs maybe?

IMG_0277 (resized).JPGIMG_0277 (resized).JPG

#372 7 years ago

Besides the eight 313 LED's with green caps that I replaced to illuminate the lower playfield that are mounted on the underside of the main playfield, I was able to put in 2 green LEDs in the lower playfield. The other bulb holes and wood are too tight for the LED plastic above the metal housing. So, I am just keeping regular incandescents and it is OK. If someone has a work around to fit LEDs in those holes please let me know, possibly a different bulb but I have not found one.

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Have you tried taking the plastics off and putting the bulb in from the topside of the playfield? I'm not sure I understand what's going on. I have done three of these machines with full LED's with no problems.

I have not tried taking the plastic off. For sure the plastic is the thing that stops the bulb from being screwed in as the plastic is wider than the wood. I will try and take the plastic off and see if that is better. Thanks for the suggestion.

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I mean the playfield plastic- take the little acorn nuts off and remove the plastic so you can insert the bulb from topside. You should probably hand polish the plastics and change out the rubbers as well. You're game will play much better!

Yup, that is what I tried before and on my machine the bulb sockets are so far down in the holes that the plastic lip on the bulb gets in the way so I can't push the bulb in down far enough to turn it. Maybe I could try to push the sockets up from underneath but something told me that wouldn't work, even though I did not try it. I will look at it again, thanks. BTW, plastics polished and rubbers replaced already. I am looking forward to swapping out the flipper rubber with the super bands if not for looks alone.

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Now this paints the picture as Yonizzell said as well. I've had the same issue and simply had to switch to a different LED type or different manufacturer to find ones that fit. If the base of the bulb is too fat to fit in the hole, there's nothing you'll be able to do to make it go down far enough to grab. But if it's due to the plastic dome on top of the LED, I would opt for a no-dome type of LED if you could.
When we hang sometime I'll bring my little box of LEDs and try different types out for you. But you may have this problem solved by that time, but either way I'm happy to help.
I'm all for incandescent because I love the original warm glow, but I "saw the light" eventually and switched to all LED. It really is so much better and you can trust it's healthier for the game and you wont have to worry about dying bulbs. Unless you want those incandescents in, trial and error until you find the right LEDs to fit will be your best bet. No sense settling for the old bulbs if you really don't want them in.

#385 7 years ago

Dave, this is the "permanent battery" thing we were talking about tonight that I have in my BK. It says there are Gottlieb versions, wondering if anyone has tried one in their HH?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1030-pinitech/00316-5101-nvram-battery-eliminator-for-high-score-save

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Hey guys, wondering if someone could help me out. I listed a center organ plastic to this page a while back and well...it zipped outta my hands pretty fast.
Anyone have the image they can send me to try and make one? I need one for my game I just picked up.
lmk, thanks, James

Hey James, I just got a new set from PBR yesterday & Dave convinced me to pull it off until I get a protector. I tried doubling them up but they were too thick. I snapped a pic of the new one, not sure if you can use it. I can email it to you if you want. Question: How do you "make a copy"?

#390 7 years ago

Steps look good Shack, I opted for a darker as you go down look. Either way is better than wear marks. Dave suggested yesterday that someone should make decals for that area, I have some nice vinyl decals that cover my Magna Save circles on my Black Knight. It would be cool if we could get someone to make decals for us HH'ers.

IMG_0295 (resized).JPGIMG_0295 (resized).JPG

#391 7 years ago

I replaced the top left light posts in my HH today & it was kind of a pain. The lights are screwed in on top of the plastic post, staples all around and solder. So the left one came out OK, unscrew light, remove staples, lift out light from post, unscrew post, replace. The right one is the end of the ground run with a staple in the solder at the end. So the light socket came undone from the solder. Not a great design, even to just replace the bulbs. I tried to put in a frosted dome LED but the post hole is too small, need an LED without a cap. Resoldered & stayed with incadescents for now. New posts are in & look great, done until I find some LEDs that fit.

#392 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I have installed at least three of the dual CE NVRams from http://nvram.weebly.com
In BH and Panthera games so it will work fine for a HH. The 5101is not in a socket and it's 22 pins. The boards are fairly fragile so be careful when installing socket.
I just plug Andrew usually as I know his work and he was one of the first to drive the price to a better place. I am sure that other product will work too.

Thanks for this, I am just not sure I want to mess with "something fragile" on my board at this time.

#393 7 years ago

Latest adventure with the HH, I picked up a CPR green window and it comes with 20 small thin black washers, I installed these 20 with the original washer on the bottom to get the window flush with the playfield wood. It didn't look great if you looked close but worked. Then I checked PBR & Steve had the larger, thicker foam washer, I got 10 of those and 10 new screws. Put the new window back on and "crack" goes the window around the screw hole. The new washers are much thicker than the 35 year old compressed washers. So back to BAA for another green window. I installed that one very carefully and slowly with the new screws and new washers from PBR and now the window is good, floating and flush as it should. I know, some of you will laugh at my folly, for me some lessons are best learned the hard way.

3 weeks later
#408 6 years ago

OK, ordered the cliffy's set and the lower playfield left plastic protector for my new plastic today. That plastic gets slammed down there. Here are some pics, flipper rubbers changed out, also note my decal mod on top of the vuk, that bare metal just bugged me.

IMG_20170429_120928 (resized).jpgIMG_20170429_120928 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170429_123010 (resized).jpgIMG_20170429_123010 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170429_123029 (resized).jpgIMG_20170429_123029 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170429_125739 (resized).jpgIMG_20170429_125739 (resized).jpg

#409 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Hey guys! I just replaced the old CPU battery and installed a memory back up capacitor in the correct polarity. The machine will not charge my capacitor. I tried 2 separate caps to make sure it wasn't a bad cap. My settings won't retain in memory now it's frustrating. I have installed these countless times in my Bally and Williams machines and they work perfectly fine. Anyone else have this issue after an install on a system 80?

Hey Jim, I don't know that much about them, maybe that particular one is not compatible with a Gottlieb? Also, I understand it is a 'delicate mod' maybe a pin got bent or something like that?

1 week later
#411 6 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Hello all, I have just about finished restoring a Haunted House and I would like to know how strong the kick back should be from the Main playfield upper center kicking target? It doesn't have as much of an effect on the ball as the other kicking targets do. I haven't played this machine much so I don't know what the norm is. Thank you for any guidance.
Dan

If you are talking about the #5 kicker then mine slams, sometimes right down the center drain

#416 6 years ago

Agree with above posts, HH is a classic.

1 month later
#433 6 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I am looking for the plastic piece in the middle that's says secret passage. Anyone know where I can get one mine was missing when I got it..

Sent you a PM on this proposing you buy one or even two of the secret passage protectors from Marco and then just print out the art. I have a scan if you need it. They make protectors for this piece and the cellar lower left piece, both of which are a necessity in my opinion.

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I just joined the club.

Nice, welcome.

I was considering selling my HH to get another pin but DaveBart & another friend convinced me not to do that & find a way to just add on to my collection. So good to have fellow pinheads watching out for me. I am actively working on adding another. I guess if I get another I will have to update my avatar as it currently reflects my HH & BK.

3 weeks later
#441 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Just picked up a HH last week and I'm loving it.

Welcome, enjoy!

2 months later
#462 6 years ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

Can you put leds in HH easily without them acting funny? If you can anyone have any great suggestions for color schemes?

Yes with some conditions. My lower playfield bulb sockets, not the inlays but the ones under the plastics, were deep so I needed a thin bulb to fit down in the wood. I used Comet 8mm frosted, the bigger non-ghosting ones were too wide. Also, the 8 lights on the bottom of the main playfield that illuminate the lower playfield are not 6 volt, these are the 4 bulbs on each side of the window. As someone else wrote, if you put standard 6 volt bulbs in there, they will work "one time really bright for a second or two". I do not know what the voltage is, 12 volt or 24 volt. For these, I called Cointaker and told them I had an HH and was replacing those bulbs and they sent me the correct ones. As a note, I have only found them in white, I wanted color, so I use the green condoms.

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

cointaker sells the basement lights in green now too FYI.

Sweet, I need some. Thanks.

4 weeks later
#478 6 years ago
Quoted from slghokie:

Need to check the schematics, but hoping ya'll can give me a quick version on this errant wire on my HH. Was not connected when I got it. Any idea where it goes? Gonna replace the orange cap this weekend and wanted to sort this out same time if possible.

I can’t read schematics very well, one of my many Achilles heels, so here is a pic, mine is a reddish orange wire, follow it over to that bottom right corner..

9004795B-9E0A-43A6-B40C-E961A0AB515F (resized).jpeg9004795B-9E0A-43A6-B40C-E961A0AB515F (resized).jpeg

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from Diane_Sauer:

Does anyone know if the Gulf Pinball Pop Bumper/Kicker driver board works for the basement upkicker upgrade as is or does it need to be modified?

My sticker says “5 amp slo blo” pm sent too...crap wrong post, right user...

2 months later
#498 6 years ago

Flipper Ruubers - I am sure some of you HHers know this but I did not until recently. So as a public service, please be advised that if you are using standard width rubbers on your HH they are incorrect. Some Gottlieb's including HH use a thinner rubber, 3/8”. The flipper paddles are cut for these thinner ones and if you use the standard you get either ball loft or ball drive into the playfield. After installing the thinner rubbers my shots are more direct & hence more accurate. The only flipper this doesn’t seem to apply to is the mini one upstairs. Thanks to Biffbar for pointing this out to me. Amusingly enough, who then went home & found standard size flipper rubbers on his HH. Kudos to davebart5 for suggesting the PSA. Some pics below of my thinners from Titan...

226DA406-32DC-48F5-A45B-00CFF67D5001 (resized).jpeg226DA406-32DC-48F5-A45B-00CFF67D5001 (resized).jpeg
41BF5D77-3C8E-4816-A864-892CC98D300A (resized).jpeg41BF5D77-3C8E-4816-A864-892CC98D300A (resized).jpeg

3 months later
#521 6 years ago

OK, fellow HHers, I am wondering if anyone has replaced the metal faceplate above the shooter lane? Mine has multiple ball marks on it. Looking for a solution. I could probably send it to Cliffy and have him make me one but it looks like a simple piece and there may be a simpler solution. Any help is appreciated.

2 months later
#544 5 years ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

Anybody want to tell me what the metal wires over the plastics are for? I’ve seen machines without them. Do I need to put them back on when I put this monster back together?

Ball guides, help protect the plastics. I would put them back on.

Added over 6 years ago:

EDIT: Protect and/or keep the ball from jumping on top of the plastic and rolling down to the next level undesirably.

1 month later
#550 5 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

ok friends just picked up a beautiful haunted house today and it played fine before i moved it and now all the gi lights are out and the pop bumpers as well.the basement lights where originally out when I looked at it and he had a led rope light with remote temporary to light it all the time. but what can I do to fix these 2 problems buds

Check all your connectors, especially the ones in the rear of the cabinet

5 months later
#638 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

This pin is begging to be modded. Specifically, im thinking ghost figures and possibly spiders or other "haunted" figures. Fresh apron cards from mikonos would be nice.
Any others mod suggestions?
Any suggestions for brand/type of ghosts?

The rear left corner should get like a big rubber spider or something up there. When I had my HH I would occasionally get a ball up there bouncing around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-club-the-beautiful-beast-all-welcome?tu=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.