2D44A099-A330-4031-A82F-313138613350 (resized).jpeg
F78436B5-010D-4098-AA79-9DA49692E95E (resized).jpeg
25ED4B57-8CAA-448C-B200-FBC600048466 (resized).jpeg
4AD69A75-3665-4588-B0A3-86415AAE590B (resized).jpeg
9AB6E0D5-5359-45FC-A7DB-80AA24D65F97 (resized).jpeg
B58217CC-4764-471F-8657-FA98CF7A3E8E (resized).jpeg
EBAC3154-AF2B-490B-8588-49DE2297994D (resized).jpeg
C0BD6704-3E31-4F45-B0E3-ED5D6459B896 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blownfuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 8 years ago

Always make sure your power supply and header pin connections are solid before trying to troubleshoot your game.

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

#24 8 years ago

Yup, that would be me. You're welcome.

Steve

Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I remember playing HH when it was new on location back in the day, and have always enjoyed playing the system 80 pins that are brought to PAGG each year. They are so different in gameplay, design and art, and they are built like a tank! The mechanical parts are all beefy, the plating on internal parts is good quality nickel (or something similar) instead of cheap zinc like other manufacturers of the time, and of course they weigh a ton. If you want to feel like you're getting a lot of pinball for your money, buy a system 80 lol. Plus meeting and talking with that blownfuse guy at last year's show about his Spirit didn't help matters any lol. Of course I'm referring to Steve Charland. Thanks Steve, I think...

#37 8 years ago

Nice HH story, glad to help you too Rob, pinball is a great way to meet people.

Steve

Quoted from gaspumprob:

I met Steve blownfuse at PAGG last year also and he helped me fix a sound problem on a Excalibur System 80 machine that I brought. "Thanks Steve" He has a wealth of knowledge on system 80s and he is a super nice guy.
Happy flipping,
Rob

#44 8 years ago

The old style is a punch pin type, the style in the pic above is a better connection at the wire. Do you have a crimping tool to install the crimp to the wire?

Steve

#46 8 years ago

Um, I believe that crimper won't work with that kind of crimp, it looks like one for working on wiring for cars. I'm off to work right now, hopefully someone will post a link to point you in the right direction for the correct crimper. If not, I'll do it when I get home.

Steve
System 80, not just a job it's an adventure

#76 8 years ago

LOL, collecting System 80 doesn't end with just a few, there are many more out there. I'll never quit.

Steve

Quoted from davebart5:

From what I understand, the ice is broken and now the obsession to buy more really ramps up once you get the 2nd game.

#84 8 years ago

I'm lucky that I found all 3 before they became sought after.

Steve

Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Spirit BH and HH does make the trifecta of system 80 multilevel games, that was my vision as well!

#90 8 years ago

Yes, I used to have to clean with a business card and adjust them for performance. I've since changed to ordering new targets installed on System 3 switches, designed better for less air balls.

Steve

Quoted from davebart5:

Question: My upper level post targets seem to have a hard time registering hits when contacted by the ball. During play, the ball will regularly hit the bank of targets, but will just bounce off and not register points or sound. When I test touch them with my fingers, it seems to works fine, points and sound are perfect. But during play the ball doesn't seem to do it right. It could be hitting the plastic piece above them, or the rubbers in between, but I feel the need to adjust them to be more frequently registered.
Anyone else here had to make this adjustment?

#92 8 years ago

Just stick the card between the contacts, pinch them closed using your other hand and draw the card through. A business card does a great job for this. Then adjust the switch to a little smaller gap than the thickness of a dime (no less than half the thickness) with a switch adjusting tool.

Steve

Quoted from davebart5:

Thanks Steve. I'll try to use the card for cleaning and adjusting. Do you just use the card to swipe away any dirt back there on the switch, and then try to pull the switch parts closer together with one of those "L" tools?
Before I go and buy new ones, I'd like to try everything I can to get these actual targets to work better, since nearly 95% of my game is original parts. Trying my best to keep everything in tact like that.

#95 8 years ago

I think I'd take the trap door assembly apart for cleaning and look for a worn out plunger and stops causing the humming sound. Another cause would be that the door is binding a little and the coil is humming while trying to do it's job.

Steve

Quoted from davebart5:

When my trap door gets activated and opens, whether it be via the left side out-lane, or the gate, it makes a semi-noticeable humming noise like something is energized. Is this normal?

3 months later
#188 8 years ago

If you can't get an original board, I'd go with Pascal's, it's the best designed of the three.

Steve

#198 8 years ago

A more accurate question would be, is this normal for all System 80 games? All displays of this type pulsate a little, kind of like a florescent light does (since they both are gas charged). You can and should replace any electrolytic capacitors on the display and power boards just because of their age so you can get as constant a current as possible (which I see that you did). Some displays will pulsate more than others as the gas expands when hot, contracts when cold or if/when the gas slowly leaches out of the tube, it's just the nature of the System 80 beast. The only true way to get rid of this issue is to convert to LED type displays. I hope this helps explain.

Steve

Quoted from pindoc1:

The problem is that all 6 of the displays have a very slight flicker in the filament brightness, sometimes more prominent, sometimes less but always there, like a flickering candle flame.

The first question is is this normal for a HH?

2 weeks later
#243 8 years ago

I've been converting my System 80 6 digit pins to 80A 7 digit slowly for many years now, I even posted a "how to do it" thread on Pinside. I see no negative aspects to doing that conversion, even with the newer boards (if they are set up to do so).

Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blownfuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-club-the-beautiful-beast-all-welcome?tu=blownfuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.