Topic Stats

• 760 posts
  • 127 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Chitownpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 304 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2CE7E157-B203-46C5-8F25-4B9B1114FF6E (resized).jpeg
457E7E63-8459-4595-9389-FA61A5CD82A4 (resized).jpeg
DA32E683-382A-4C8C-8459-9D9EBF8AA19B (resized).jpeg
FA10DB06-8726-4869-ADED-AFEE38DB249E (resized).jpeg
B8F85D3B-0B01-4601-9EB4-B3C47032AA73 (resized).jpeg
613C97A3-AF27-451E-9433-563D0EAFE1D1 (resized).jpeg
CF663BD7-DAB5-4D9B-B437-D7A88378BDF5 (resized).jpeg
2AB071A5-4B87-4A16-91AD-4B69086A6995 (resized).jpeg
2D4136A2-E7AA-492D-9F00-2A8A4B279EBA (resized).jpeg
20191007_120936 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190922_154758 (resized).jpg
HH-19.jpg
HH-20.jpg
HH-15.jpg
HH-16.jpg
HH-5.jpg

There are 760 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.
#251 3 years ago

Sorry for the delay here. I didn't get home as soon as I thought I would today. Here are some shots I was able to take of my wiring back there. I'm unable to move my main PF too far forward because of my low ceiling height, but I was able to stick a hand down there and grab some.

I hope these help. Let me know if you need more from different angles.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#252 3 years ago

Reached a new milestone last night on my HH and breached the million point mark. Stepped up for just one game and before I knew it, I had 400k on ball 1 with an extra ball waiting. That's when I knew topping my last high score of 960k's was possible.

On my final ball (3), I had around 920k and knew that all I had to do was plunge it and maneuver the ball into the basement hole to do the damage I need.

I didn't know what to expect when breaching the 999,999 mark, but since I have a pascal board it's able to compute and display the million. So for all that ever wanted to know, when you break a mill with a PI-80 board, it simply flashes the 1-mill and then shows the additional points behind it. So my score is 1,192,700.

Just curious, what happens when you breach 999,999 on the original boards? Does it automatically set back to 0?

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Just curious, what happens when you breach 999,999 on the original boards? Does it automatically set back to 0?

Yes.

I mean in 1982, did they even invent the word 'Million'?

#254 3 years ago

Okay, all set. Thanks a bunch for the help. The game is now booting and playing! I have some solenoids not firing, I will look to the fuses first. Funny thing is, the game played fine at the guys house in Florida, and when I rewired everything and powered up, the strobes were going on? Hmmm..
Slam tilt on door was modded...but not on the cpu? A glob of solder later, power on and it all comes to life, no more strobes. Go figure.

note to self: If you really feel inclined to put your game upside down, (and c'mon, we all do...don't we? :/

Keep in mind that the transformer is heavy, and the bolts apparently come loose or become removed....

13007185_10154053145258529_8667608312772325666_n_(resized).jpg

#255 3 years ago

OMG the horror...!

Glad you got it booted up. Scary.

1 week later
#256 3 years ago

Dave,

Here are the pictures of the loose cable this connected directly to the switch under the trap door.

20160426_184402_(resized).jpg

20160426_183255_(resized).jpg

20160426_183232_(resized).jpg

#257 3 years ago

marmar - It looks like that loose wire you have (purple/yellow/white) is different than mine. I have a blue/white wire coming off each lead of the switch for the trap door. But, based on your picture, the one wire goes from the switch to the middle lead of the coil, and that loose wire should get soldered to the right hand side of the coil leads as shown in the pictures soldered together with two other wires essentially making it 3 total on that far right coil lead.

You'll see in my photo below the two blue/white wires, one tying to the middle, and the other joining the two red/yellow/white wires on the right.

And on the picture showing the two blue/white wires soldered to the switch, the lead closest to the camera goes to the middle lead of the coil, and the farthest switch lead goes to the right hand side lead of the coil.

I hope my wording makes sense here and I'm hitting on the exact wires you're looking for...

IMG_0824_(resized).JPGIMG_0825_(resized).JPG

#258 3 years ago

I've owned my HH for 33 years! It was only 10 months old when I bought it on Feb 25, 1983. (Invoice attached) It was my first pin and little did I know the wonderful madness that would ultimately follow all these years! It's all original, no mods, all board serial numbers match and still work fine. About every year or so, it will glitch a little and I just re-seat the board connectors and I'm good for another year!
If your curious you can take a look at my Pinside profile and see how it all started.
Over the years, two kinda neat things happened regarding my HH. Back in 2000, I found a set of NOS HH playfields which I had Bill Davis clear coat. Still have them - never installed. Then a couple of years later, the designer of HH, John Osborne, was at Pinball Expo and he graciously signed all 3 PFs and a HH flyer.
My HH has given me lots of fond memories - it's a keeper!

Haunted-House-Invoice_(resized).jpg

#259 3 years ago

This is amazing. My hat is off to you for owning this game from day one. I've always wondered what they went for back when they first were released.

Not to be rude and with all due respect, if you ever feel the urge to sell those PF's, please feel free to reach out to me, no matter how much time has passed. I dream of owning NOS HH PF's whether I eventually install them or not.

My HH, is one that I plucked from the depths of neglect out of a stranger's old dark basement and brought it back to life cleaning it piece by piece. Being that it's my first pin ever, and one that is my childhood favorite title, as of right now I feel that I will never sell my machine. I would rather upgrade it with NOS parts or PF's to keep it looking as good as possible, but keeping the bones of the original game I rescued as much as possible is important to me. My collection will never not have an HH. It's a special game.

Again, fantastic post!

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

..... I've always wondered what they went for back when they first were released....

Well, if memory serves, I believe the OP price for a new one was around $2,400(?). Unfortunately for the OP, after only 10 months of location use, they weren't making any money. Everybody was putting quarters in PacMan. I was luckily in the right place at the right time to get one for $800! He actually had 3 of them and let me pick. If I only knew what I had back then I would have bought all 3!

#261 3 years ago

$2400! Wow. I'm shocked that's what new pins were going for in the 80s? I guess that makes sense since new pins these days go for $5k+.

You sir are very lucky. Great story.

#263 3 years ago

Dave,

Thank you again for your pictures that really helped. I connected the wire and the trap door opens but stays open which means the high voltage works but the low is not working. I have to llok at schematics on the driver board and check. I think the issue is in the board. If you or anyone in the club have any suggestions please let know.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Could someone please take a pic (or better yet, a scan) of the lower playfield so I can do the repairs?

HH_lower_0004_(resized).jpg

Were you able to get the pic you were looking for? If not, I can take a hi-res pic from a NOS spare PF. LMK

#265 3 years ago

Can someone verify for me if these are correct fuse values for HH? TIA

F1 ½ AMP SOUND/SPEECH POWER SUPPLY
F2 5 AMP POWER SUPPLY
F3 ¼ S/B DISPLAYS
F4 8 S/B SOLENOIDS
F5 7½ AMP CONTROLLED LAMPS
F6 7½ AMP PLAYBOARD ILLUMINATION
F7 7½ AMP LIGHTBOX ILLUMINATION
F8 1 S/B SOUND/SPEECH POWER SUPPLY

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

Can someone verify for me if these are correct fuse values for HH? TIA

Here is a Fuse List from the HH Instruction Manual:

HH_Fuse_List.pdf

3 weeks later
#267 3 years ago

Might have asked this before, but has any one installed new LED displays in their HH from this guy yet? Looks pretty nice...my player 4 display is still acting up, I may just replace them eventually with these. Thoughts?

http://www.bostonpinballcompany.com/displays.htm

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Might have asked this before, but has any one installed new LED displays in their HH from this guy yet? Looks pretty nice...my player 4 display is still acting up, I may just replace them eventually with these. Thoughts?
http://www.bostonpinballcompany.com/displays.htm

I've only seen them on a Black Hole and it looked awesome. I think the same would be said if they were on an HH. One part of the BH setup I liked was that the new crisp lined numbers really fit the space theme, reminding me of what you would see on spacecraft control panels. Unless someone was specifically going for the original/retro look, I think in the end it would only be a positive upgrade for HH as well.

1 week later
#269 3 years ago

FINALLY FINISHED!!! System 80 did not get the best of me. Lol. If you flip back to when I got it this was basically a barn find. It came out nicely.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#270 3 years ago

In the club!! Machine isn't working, but spent some time cleaning up and doing some research tonight. Appears that I've got 2 bad bridge rectifiers. Looking forward to getting the first problem fixed so I can actually start a game and uncover what else is not working.

13315416_10206426615200170_7022039825903309151_n_(resized).jpg

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

FINALLY FINISHED!!! System 80 did not get the best of me. Lol. If you flip back to when I got it this was basically a barn find. It came out nicely.

Looks beautiful. Nice work. Hopefully mine will come us as nice.

#272 3 years ago

BEAUTIFUL game jmountjoy111! One day I will give my HH the royal treatment of a full teardown overhaul restoration.

I just got my HH a companion that matches the theme way better than Black Hole. Don't get me wrong, I loved the BH/HH combo, but there's nothing like having this theme stronger than ever with these two side by side! My Halloween parties are going to be KILLER.

But I will say, despite all the bells and whistles TFTC offers, I still have friends who come over and want to rock nothing but the classic feel and sounds of the HH.

Also, I never thought I'd do this, but I'm experimenting with LEDs now. I went warm retro LED everywhere I could for backbox/main PF GI and inserts to keep the original 80's flair of the game alive, but I went all green LED in the attic with one warm retro LED at the grandfather clock which throws a warm light on the drops and stand targets, and it also creates a shadow when ball is up there which looks cool. I'm flipping between warm retro or green for the Pop bumpers, can't decide yet.

Then, I went all blue LED in the basement which looks AWESOME. The ball down there almost glows and feels like you've entered a spooky subterranean space. Very happy with how that turned out.

I said from the gate with my HH, I'm staying as original as possible with old bulbs and parts to keep it true to '82 yadi-yadi-yada. Now, I've tasted the health benefits of using LED for the machine and all the fun in picking out the color schemes. I may never go back...

Long live the Haunted House!

FullSizeRender_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpgIMG_0997_(resized).JPGIMG_0992_(resized).JPG

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

BEAUTIFUL game jmountjoy111! One day I will give my HH the royal treatment of a full teardown overhaul restoration.
I just got my HH a companion that matches the theme way better than Black Hole. Don't get me wrong, I loved the BH/HH combo, but there's nothing like having this theme stronger than ever with these two side by side! My Halloween parties are going to be KILLER.
But I will say, despite all the bells and whistles TFTC offers, I still have friends who come over and want to rock nothing but the classic feel and sounds of the HH.
Also, I never thought I'd do this, but I'm experimenting with LEDs now. I went warm retro everywhere I could for backbox/main PF GI and inserts to keep the original 80's flair of the game alive, but I went all green LED in the attic with one warm retro LED at the grandfather clock which throws a warm light on the drops and stand targets, and it also creates a shadow when ball is up there which is so cool. I'm flipping between warm retro or green for the Pop bumpers, can't decide yet.
Then, I went all blue LED in the basement which looks AWESOME. The ball down there almost glows and feels like you've entered a spooky subterranean space. Very happy with how that turned out.
I said from the gate with my HH, I'm staying as original as possible with old bulbs and parts to keep it true to '82 yadi-yadi-yada. Now, I've tasted the health benefits of using LED for the machine and all the fun in picking out the color schemes. I may never go back...
Long live the Haunted House!

What an awesome duo!

1 week later
#274 3 years ago

OK, working through my machine. Looking to solve some electrical issues (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-system-80-blows-f4-transistor). In the meantime, I'm also looking at some cosmetic things also. I'm missing the right and top trim on the backglass. Looks like these aren't available from any of the usual suspects including PBR. Any suggestions? Are there any alternatives that someone has used?

#275 3 years ago

Dave -- The addition of TFTC brings the theme together. I just got the new Ghostbusters and have it next to my HH. I will post pictures soon. I went with the color changers for the Pop Bumpers on the main playfield and in the attic as well they look cool changing colors as you play. I have to say the blue in the basement look great where did you find the 313 Blue LEDs?

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from marmar:

Dave -- The addition of TFTC brings the theme together. I just got the new Ghostbusters and have it next to my HH. I will post pictures soon. I went with the color changers for the Pop Bumpers on the main playfield and in the attic as well they look cool changing colors as you play. I have to say the blue in the basement look great where did you find the 313 Blue LEDs?

Dude, GB next to HH would look awesome as well. That's a new dream pin of mine added to the wish list.

I'm going to experiment with RGB color changers in the 3 pops on top, as well as the two illuminated posts at the top of the main PF to see how that looks. I'm thinking sometime next week I'll be throwing them in.

The blue in the basement looks even better in person and I notice my spiderweb is causing a crazy glare in the pic, and I am very happy with how it turned out. Actually, I still have the original 28v 313 bulbs with green condom rubbers on them that shine down on the basement PF. Everything else in the basement is a blue tower or dome LED. The green glow from those give a little contrast to the blue.

My buddy owns an LED company and so I'm just waiting on them to get the 28v LEDs in. I know I can grab them elsewhere, but I want to support his company and just going to wait. I'm not too concerned though. Those 28v bulbs don't really stay on long, nor do they flash during attract mode or touch any plastics to get too hot.

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

In the meantime, I'm also looking at some cosmetic things also. I'm missing the right and top trim on the backglass. Looks like these aren't available from any of the usual suspects including PBR. Any suggestions? Are there any alternatives that someone has used?

I forgot to respond to this sooner... I would hit up Gatecrasher here on Pinside. He fabricates backglass lift channels and the trim to go on all sides of the backglass.

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

I would hit up Gatecrasher here on Pinside

Thanks. Reached out. Will report back here once I hear back and, if he has them, the results.

1 week later
#279 3 years ago

Here's a little tip that may spare some headaches for any new HH owners or someone who is replacing parts on their game for the first time. Where you see that bubble wrap sticking out is what I call "the hole."

When I was refurbishing my HH, I can't tell you how many screws, washers, bulbs, etc. I had slip out of my hands and roll down under the wooden plank you see there. Such a pain to get them out since you can't shine a light down there and can't reach a human hand back there to retrieve it. I had to concoct some sort of adhesive at the end of a stick and try to grab whatever rolled back there by feeling it out and luck.

One day I had enough and stuck bubble wrap in there so now everything is blocked at the entrance.

You'll thank me later.

image_(resized).jpeg

#280 3 years ago

Been looking for a HH for a while as I have found memories as a young kid mezmorized by this game. Found a really nice looking one (new connectors, led, rottendog mpu board, very nice playfield and BG) asking 2k for it. I have to get it shipped so I cant see it. If its as in good a shap as described is it worth the 2500 I will end up paying with shipping included?

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Here's a little tip

Great tip. Wish I had read it the day you posted. Lost a fuse down in there. Oh well. Hadn't thought about putting anything in there, but will do so now. Still working to bring mine back to life so I'll have plenty of small parts to save in the near future. Thanks!

1 week later
#282 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Reached out. Will report back here once I hear back and, if he has them, the results

He didn't have access to any right now. Marco has the lift channel but not the sides or top.

On the good news front I finally got mine playable last night. 2 new capacitors, 2 new bridge rectifiers, and a replacement power supply and I'm officially in business. Still have 2 pops that don't work and needs some cosmetic work. And I think I'll investigate LEDs too. Real progress!

#283 3 years ago

I am trying to find out how to calibrate the sound on haunted house. The manual says you can calibrate using the two pots on the sounds board but it doesn't give a procedure for doing so. Do any of you happen to know

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I am trying to find out how to calibrate the sound on haunted house. The manual says you can calibrate using the two pots on the sounds board but it doesn't give a procedure for doing so. Do any of you happen to know

Just treat them like nipples... tweak until something good happens or you get slapped.

#285 3 years ago

20160616_171823_(resized).jpg
Anyone attempted the Multi Ball mod on HH?

#286 3 years ago

No, too afraid to hack up my playfield for the trough. Looks like a lot of work. MAYBE if I ever get mine professionally restored. Maybe.

3 weeks later
#287 3 years ago

Picked up a beautiful HH last week. She has a couple display issues, but overall the playfield is in great shape, and plays just like I remember as a kid!
My kids love this thing!

Looking forward to many great years with this game

4 weeks later
#288 3 years ago

I'm testing camera angles with my iPhone attached to a camera tripod to film some pinball action for fun. Racked up this 1 million point game on the first take and thought I'd share with the club. Managed to get the #1-5, and wanted to do it on one extra ball. Damn specials weren't wanting to drop and I started to aimlessly twiddle around the main PF a little too much in the end before dying. This game is a lot of fun.

Pictured below, I pretty much finalized my LED lighting package for the HH. Warm White LEDs throughout the backglass, main PF GI and inserts. The attic has a mix of warm white and green SMD for accent, and using blue 5SMD towers and 2SMD blue LEDs in the basement, along with green 28 volt LEDs from Cointaker to shine down on the basement and that looks great.

The only thing I'm still not 100% sold on is using 4SMD green LED for the pops. There's something about the original-like glow of using warm white in the pops that I miss and make the game feel right. I'll let the green pop experiment continue for a little longer.

IMG_1407 (resized).JPG

IMG_1309 (resized).jpg

#289 3 years ago

Hey guys, I have a question... When legitimately going for the public high score on a game like HH, what is the proper etiquette regarding extra balls?

Should you avoid getting more than one to have more legitimacy in the feat or if the game's rules gives chances for more than one extra ball throughout the entirety of the game, you take what you can get and its fair game to do the high in however many balls you can accomplish to secure. Thoughts?

I have a Pascal board all in one, and so I can alter the settings, but currently I have it set to you can win no more than one extra ball per ball, but you can light up the hole and shoot for another extra the very next ball. I believe that's the standard setting, right?

#290 3 years ago

If you play using tournament rules it is only one extra ball per game.

#291 3 years ago

So that HH project I bought had some broken plastic afterall. The "secret passage" and the small candle beside it.

Anyone with some extras or better ones out there?
The candle isn't that important, but the secret passage one would be great if I could get a nicer one.

One more thing, I may have to change the main backbox board when I found out the battery package have been leaking alittle.
I don't know how much damage there is but I'll most likely just change it.
My question is, what is the downside and/or advantage of keeping all the other boards and just change the main with, lets say a Ni-Wumpf.
And the same for a flippp All-in-one combo board, downside and/or advantage?

IMG_4098 (resized).JPG

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from ullsokken:

The "secret passage" and the small candle beside it.
Anyone with some extras or better ones out there?

And the same for a flippp All-in-one combo board, downside and/or advantage?

The HH project I rescued had the same issue, broken secret passage and a little battery leakage. They're difficult to find, but I ended up spotting one on eBay months later. I do plan on refreshing all of my plastics with a new set sometime soon, and if I do, I'll give you a heads up first. If money isn't an issue, and HH is a keeper, I would suggest grabbing a fresh set from PBR. New plastics can really set the game off.

I went with the Pascal (flipp) PI-80 all in one board and I absolutely LOVE IT. The game is now rock solid reliable, never had a single issue starting up or playing and the extra menu options and settings are awesome. It was the best decision to make in my opinion.

The advantage with the PI-80 is that you can guarantee all the boards used to run the game are now updated in one shot, and you clear up any of the grounding issues the game originally had. The NI-Wumpf will still need to have those addressed if I'm not mistaken, and the components on the PI-80 are all socketed for easy exchange should you ever need to. Which I doubt you will. Pascal is reachable for help via email if something's not right and it's overall the best quality.

#293 3 years ago

Thanks for quick and great answer.

The other plasticks are in great shape after I spendt 2 hours, good squeeze Novus 2 and raw girlpower.

Yeah, a friend who is fixing up his rescued Black Hole bought the flippp board and recommended it, I just wanted to hear from someone else here at the HH forum too.
True what you say about the ground issues beeing an easy fix with the flippp board. That would save me alot of trouble since my HH hasn't gotten the backbox ground work done.

#294 3 years ago

I recently bought a lower PF from a fellow pinsider and it just arrived. It's in good condition overall, despite a few dimples from the ball drops and a very minor amount of wear.

Luckily, this was Mylar'd a long time ago just after the wear was starting to show, and preserved everything for the most part. I'll eventually get to swapping it out for mine, which has the actual circular wear to the wood marks.

I'm just not sure how I want to go about it. Should I personally peel the Mylar, touch up the paint and then clear coat? Should I send it off to an expert?

If it was main PF, I wouldn't mind spending extra and having some top notch guy like Kruzman work his magic, but it's such a hidden part of the game and a majority of it can't be seen.

I'm torn on what to do...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#295 3 years ago

Wow, this looks great!
I would say, leave it when it looks as good as this.
But I'm more the kind that like the worn used look on old machines and like to keep them alittle like that.
Are you really unlucky big areas of paint can come off with the mylar and just make it worse even if you use the freeze/airduster upside-down tecnique.
My lower PF I tok out a couple of weeks ago, it dosn't have mylar but has the usual heavy wear at the drop areas.
I'm thinking to just fill/touch up this myself since it's the lower PF and its gonna be a great experience in doing some first time PF touch up myself.

2 weeks later
#296 3 years ago

These are the capacitors in my machine.
The orange ones are quite novel- they are wired in parallel.

I'm replacing the blue one- does it still need the resistor across it (or is that a stupid question )

And did you guys replace the orange one(s) as well?

What is a suitable size for each capacitor? Can you use the same size for each one?

IMG_7366 (resized).JPG

#297 3 years ago

Hi to everyone here from Perth Western Australia, well I just acquired this machine. It's been owned by the same person for the last 16 years. Someone has tried to fix some wear and done a pretty bad job.I would like to fix this and clear coat the main playfield, as the up stairs and cellar playfield are pretty good. Also the cabinet is in great condition with all the art work still colourful so I'll be leaving it as is.This machine is a keeper so it will be worth the effort to remove the Mylar and touch up the bad areas. The backglass in great condition with no fade or flaking.I have placed LEDs in the headbox and they look great. The next part of the process into place an order with PBR and replace all the bumper caps and a new plastic set and any thing else that will be needed. I'm open to any suggestions on how to fix the bad touch ups.
Thanks Adrian

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#298 3 years ago

So my 4 digit display lost just one of its segments. The 10s place on the credit side. Its not flickering or faint, its just gone. I decided to re-pin the connector since I had an extra 19pin molex connector from GreatPlainsElectronics, but that didnt fix it. I know its not a prob with the display itself because grabbed my display from MGOW and tried it and same issue. Anyone got any ideas?

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

I recently bought a lower PF from a fellow pinsider and it just arrived. It's in good condition overall, despite a few dimples from the ball drops and a very minor amount of wear.
Luckily, this was Mylar'd a long time ago just after the wear was starting to show, and preserved everything for the most part. I'll eventually get to swapping it out for mine, which has the actual circular wear to the wood marks.
I'm just not sure how I want to go about it. Should I personally peel the Mylar, touch up the paint and then clear coat? Should I send it off to an expert?
If it was main PF, I wouldn't mind spending extra and having some top notch guy like Kruzman work his magic, but it's such a hidden part of the game and a majority of it can't be seen.
I'm torn on what to do...

That's in very nice condition for a HH lower playfield. If you plan on keeping it, I would send it out. The ball drop area takes a lot of abuse and if you have it restored now it should last forever.

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from J-A-Z:

So my 4 digit display lost just one of its segments. The 10s place on the credit side. Its not flickering or faint, its just gone. I decided to re-pin the connector since I had an extra 19pin molex connector from GreatPlainsElectronics, but that didnt fix it. I know its not a prob with the display itself because grabbed my display from MGOW and tried it and same issue. Anyone got any ideas?

It may be an issue on the MPU board. Check, Z22 or Z23, I think? I had to change 7448 chip on my HH for the same reason.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Shingletown, CA
€ 8.40
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bristol, TN
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brownsburg, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 75.00
There are 760 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside