40BADF05-370A-4CF9-903A-869AB9161A97 (resized).jpeg
0CC74C5D-BFBD-4551-B004-95510375A1FB (resized).jpeg
20E2D40E-DC0D-40B1-BFA3-35A5AFA6AD32 (resized).jpeg
2D44A099-A330-4031-A82F-313138613350 (resized).jpeg
F78436B5-010D-4098-AA79-9DA49692E95E (resized).jpeg
25ED4B57-8CAA-448C-B200-FBC600048466 (resized).jpeg
4AD69A75-3665-4588-B0A3-86415AAE590B (resized).jpeg
9AB6E0D5-5359-45FC-A7DB-80AA24D65F97 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 29.
#151 8 years ago

OK, after looking at the matrix stuff, I have a $22 order ready to roll.

Tap off a GI bulb to light the secret passage plastic area with a 10 led strip.

Tap off the secret passage insert and light both the posts on each side of the secret passage off that insert. So when the insert is lit, the posts glow orange as well. (throwing the idea of purple around too. I have purple pop bumpers and the "ghost" posts near the skill shot)

I have some other projects to get done before I spend more money, but this is what I am thinking about doing.

#152 8 years ago

Cool!

One thing I did was to use a green Glo-Ball instead of a normal ball. It looks cool but I am finding that it does not make the VUK consistently and it has to sometimes pop 2 or 3 times to get the ball back up onto main PF.

#153 8 years ago

If your still looking this e-pat auction ends in a few hours . . .

Quoted from billf1:

Fist off, I will join the Club!
Second, that glass looks great. How did you create it, and did you ever get the mask done?
My HH needs a backglass. It is in really bad shape, about 25% flaked off completely. Whole pin is in rough shape, but I got it cheap, and loved the game when young, so going to take a shot at it (it is the first pin I own). Bought it a few months back, but it is behind another project, I do about monthly search for backglass stuff, as it will need replacement

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

If your still looking this e-pat auction ends in a few hours . . .

But beware, seller says the glass has no defects to the paint, but I clearly see a small hole in the screen print art just to the right of house and spirit woman in the doorway. I literally had this exact size hole in the same location, and due to the bright area it's in, it bothered the hell out of me. But I am picky when it comes to that.

That's all. If you have a glass that's flaking completely this is definitely a better option.

#155 8 years ago

good catch !

Quoted from davebart5:

But beware, seller says the glass has no defects to the paint, but I clearly see a small hole in the screen print art just to the right of house and spirit woman in the doorway. I literally had this exact size hole in the same location, and due to the bright area it's in, it bothered the hell out of me. But I am picky when it comes to that.
That's all. If you have a glass that's flaking completely this is definitely a better option.

#156 8 years ago

Let's not disregard the "I heart Roger!" written in pink marker on the house too. I'm sure that can be easily wiped off, but I mean, really seller? You can't give it a wipe down before posting?

Screen_Shot_2016-01-21_at_6.43.01_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-21_at_6.43.01_PM_(resized).png

#157 8 years ago

I saw that part, but couldn't figure out what it said

same seller has a black knight back glass ending now

don't think this is seller that normally sells pin parts

Quoted from davebart5:

Let's not disregard the "I heart Roger!" written in pink marker on the house too. I'm sure that can be easily wiped off, but I mean, really seller? You can't give it a wipe down before posting?
Screen_Shot_2016-01-21_at_6.43.01_PM_(resized).png

1 week later
#159 8 years ago
Quoted from arpman:

Anyone looking to buy?
chambersburg.craigslist.org link

I'm 90% certain this thing sold already. Seen it posted on several different classified spaces out there and heard it was sold. I could be wrong and definitely worth a shot sending a message if someone out there is dying to live in a Haunted House.

#160 8 years ago

ebay.com link: HAUNTED HOUSE Gottlieb Pinball Cushioned Flipper Armour Mod 4 sets

What do you guys think of these? I'm not one to do much modding and like my games looking original, I just think it's an interesting touch to add. Anyone out there have these on and like them?

s-l1600_(resized).jpgs-l1600_(resized).jpgs-l1600-1_(resized).jpgs-l1600-1_(resized).jpgs-l1600-2_(resized).jpgs-l1600-2_(resized).jpg

#161 8 years ago

HMMM, those are kinda neat. I like the cellar ones the most. The black rubber with them looks nice.

#162 8 years ago

Im not huge on those decals but to each their own. I was thinking of using these instead

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10343

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I was thinking of using these instead

Not without a lot of rework. The Got flipper bats used in that era were a different 'stem' size. The old Got flipper mechs would most likely not clamp down.

#164 8 years ago

I hadn't looked at it yet. I just thought they would look cool in there.

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Spirit BH and HH does make the trifecta of system 80 multilevel games, that was my vision as well!

Indeed! I've been fortunate enough to acquire the 3, new Swemmer PCBs entirely throughout both HH and Spirit. BH is original with the necessary mods. Still some work to do but short of downsizing my home I don't know that I could ever sell them.

My ultimate goal is to figure out what can be done to bring the pf artwork back from some of the poor condition these are in. I have HH underway for artwork but I have still not been able to figure out how to best color match everything. Maybe a Pantone Capsure will be in my future!?

2 weeks later
#166 8 years ago

Can someone please help confirm something for me...

Does your HH backglass have (3) pieces of the plastic trim (left, right, top)? My game is pretty much all original and intact, but I only have two pieces that sit on the left/right side of my backglass. If there is supposed to be three, then one of them must have been lost somewhere along my game's lifetime.

FYI - I'm not including the actual metal lift trim that the backglass sits in when counting the number of trim to have.

Thanks!

#167 8 years ago

I think mine only has left and right trim, but will have to look later to confirm

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from arpman:

So I had to make a new back glass...this is layer one as it sits on a light table. Next I need to create a masking layer.
Anyone a good digital artist?

image_(resized).jpeg

Quoted from arpman:

So I had to make a new back glass...this is layer one as it sits on a light table. Next I need to create a masking layer.
Anyone a good digital artist?

image_(resized).jpeg

Hey Arpman,
I've got a beautiful HH with a beat up backglass and your artwork looks fantastic! Any chance of sharing the color and back mask graphic files? I'm experimenting with printing a new one for my HH and this would be awesome to digitally repair my graphics. Thanks!

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Can someone please help confirm something for me...
Does your HH backglass have (3) pieces of the plastic trim (left, right, top)? My game is pretty much all original and intact, but I only have two pieces that sit on the left/right side of my backglass. If there is supposed to be three, then one of them must have been lost somewhere along my game's lifetime.
FYI - I'm not including the actual metal lift trim that the backglass sits in when counting the number of trim to have.
Thanks!

I think mine had 2, but I had an extra piece laying around.

#170 8 years ago

I picked up a nice CPR glass and just went ahead and added the three pieces as well. I believe that my original only had two when I got it

#171 8 years ago

I've got a sample HH pin, and it has 3 backglass trim pieces.

I assume it's the original 'glass.

#172 8 years ago

You should have three, you don't want an exposed edge of glass,much easier to break that way .

#173 8 years ago

Sorry for the delay in response here. Thank you everyone for shedding light on the trim. I'm going to hunt down a third if I can.

On another note, I have something else I'd love clarification on...

There is a clear post used on the very top of the main PF, see pic below. This post is located just above the exclamation point in Welcome! and attaches to the gate.

Do you guys have a standard 1" post there, or the taller 1-3/16" post? Pictures of both are below.

I ask because when I stripped my PF for a deep cleaning a while back, I swore the taller post went there to raise the gate. But after installing it, I noticed the plastic that sits above it rested on the top of the post, scratching the plastic and sort of looked unnatural the way I t sat on an angle. But when I put the shorter 1" post there, the gate sits lower and the ball could hit the top edge of the gate when being plunged. I'd hate to keep hitting the ball and creating dings that could eventually hurt my PF's.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#174 8 years ago

Did I not share my epic game I had a few weeks ago?

IMG_0017_(resized).JPGIMG_0017_(resized).JPG

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Did I not share my epic game I had a few weeks ago?

IMG_0017_(resized).JPG

That's a great score. I always tell folks that come over to play HH, do damage in the basement, get an extra ball, and anything can happen.

#176 8 years ago

Chitown,

How did the secret passage light mod turn out? Do you mind uploading pictures. I'm thinking of doing this.

Another area that would look great lit is underneath the trap door. A green or backlight accent would like nice.

#177 8 years ago

I havent gotten to it yet. Enjoying playing it for a while before I dig in. Ive got a pile of other projects taking priority.

Blacklight WOULD be cool, maybe shooting up like its coming FROM the trap door.

#178 8 years ago

Exactly. Maybe key it off the trap door insert (I assume there is one, but am not by the game to confirm) so you only see the light when the door is open.

#179 8 years ago

Yes, there is an arrow insert that lights when it is open.

#180 8 years ago

Hello,

Looking to see if anyone has or knows a lead on a spare six-digit score display for my Haunted House.

Thanks!!!

IMG_20160302_184255298[1]_(resized).jpgIMG_20160302_184255298[1]_(resized).jpg

#181 8 years ago

Damn. I just checked PBR and they're out of stock right now. I bought one from them a few months ago, and hope they come back in. Always worries me to start seeing these unique parts dry up.

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

There is a clear post used on the very top of the main PF, see pic below. This post is located just above the exclamation point in Welcome! and attaches to the gate.
Do you guys have a standard 1" post there, or the taller 1-3/16" post? Pictures of both are below.
I ask because when I stripped my PF for a deep cleaning a while back, I swore the taller post went there to raise the gate. But after installing it, I noticed the plastic that sits above it rested on the top of the post, scratching the plastic and sort of looked unnatural the way I t sat on an angle. But when I put the shorter 1" post there, the gate sits lower and the ball could hit the top edge of the gate when being plunged. I'd hate to keep hitting the ball and creating dings that could eventually hurt my PF's.
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

I just wanted to revisit this to see if anyone can take a peek at their PF and see if they have the 1" or 1-3/16" post attached to the gate above WELCOME!

I tried playing a few HH rounds tonight and noticed when my ball was plunged at full strength, now that I threw the smaller 1" there to test, it would smack the corner of the gate and didn't do that before.

#183 8 years ago

Whilst reassembling my HH playfield, I found that I had two of these 1-3/16” posts with longer screws that I could not locate in the hundreds of photos taken before strip down. Just goes to show, you can never take enough pictures!

As you would know, the manual does not list these taller posts.
I think that the far top left plastic is deliberately cut back in the last inch from back lip, to allow for the plastic to bend upwards because of the higher post. I put a thin piece of sponge tape on the screw head to protect my new plastic set.

As far as googling research goes, apparently a second taller post should be installed where white arrow is.
Not sure if it is there to slightly slope the plastic in case of an air ball getting caught up on top, or for it to alleviate the nut pressure of the slitted plastic, covering the basement up kicker exit?

IMG_1835_(resized).jpgIMG_1835_(resized).jpg

IMG_1831_(resized).jpgIMG_1831_(resized).jpg

#184 8 years ago

OzPaul is 100% correct on the location of the two 1-3/16 posts; I just checked mine to be certain.

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from OzPaul:

Whilst reassembling my HH playfield, I found that I had two of these 1-3/16” posts with longer screws that I could not locate in the hundreds of photos taken before strip down. Just goes to show, you can never take enough pictures!
As you would know, the manual does not list these taller posts.
I think that the far top left plastic is deliberately cut back in the last inch from back lip, to allow for the plastic to bend upwards because of the higher post. I put a thin piece of sponge tape on the screw head to protect my new plastic set.
As far as googling research goes, apparently a second taller post should be installed where white arrow is.
Not sure if it is there to slightly slope the plastic in case of an air ball getting caught up on top, or for it to alleviate the nut pressure of the slitted plastic, covering the basement up kicker exit?

Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

OzPaul is 100% correct on the location of the two 1-3/16 posts; I just checked mine to be certain.

THANK YOU for confirming this for me. The bending of the plastic is what threw me off, as it seems so unnatural for it to do that, despite it being very clear they cut back that inch to account for the bending. Maybe it was an after thought and the lesser of two evils was to have the plastic bend, rather than the gate sit too low and smack the ball upon launching.

Also, great idea on adding a little foam piece on top of the screw to not scratch the plastic. I'm adding that to mine tonight!

1 week later
#186 8 years ago

Hello Guys,

I just got my first HH and is my first pin that I have ever owned. Always wanted to own a pin I have a feeling is not going to be my only one. I am already looking at a Black Knight 2000 and a T2. I have noticed on the threads that there is lighting on the top of the playfield where the ball comes out by the Welcome sign. Mine does not have lights there and wanted to know if this is a mod that is easily done or if is just adding lights. I am planning to LED the machine to give it a nice effect. I will post pictures of before and after once I have completed the project. Any suggestion for a new HH owner are welcome.

#187 8 years ago

Hi all,

Whats the consensus on replacement MPU boards?

There's Pascal, Rottendog and Swemmer.
I need a new one, and am wondering what your thoughts/recommendations are.

Thanks

#188 8 years ago

If you can't get an original board, I'd go with Pascal's, it's the best designed of the three.

Steve

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from marmar:

Hello Guys,
I just got my first HH and is my first pin that I have ever owned. Always wanted to own a pin I have a feeling is not going to be my only one. Any suggestion for a new HH owner are welcome.

Hey Marmar! Welcome to the pinball community, as well as the HH Club. You'll really enjoy the hobby and will get sucked in real quick. The community is full of extremely helpful and nice folks.

You should probably just get ready for game #2 right now, cause it's gonna happen. The collecting of games and getting hyped up on the hunt is so contagious. I literally decided I was ready to get into pins almost a year ago, bought my HH in June 2015 and had zero plans of owning another. I just wanted to get to know HH as it is a childhood nostalgia title and told my lady that's all it was. Now I own a Black Hole that sits next to the HH and game #3 is coming any week now as I'm actively looking (TFTC or Devil's Dare). So... good luck!

HH was also my first pin too, a complete project I had to bring back to life and cut my teeth on (started a thread documenting the recovery project here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bringing-a-haunted-house-back-to-life) The experience of getting my hands dirty with an old game with as many flippers, PF's and other notorious problems was quite the reward once it was all said and done. It's also the favorite of the household no matter who's here. Granted I only own two games, HH always has someone on it when I throw a party.

Also, finding official parts for this game, I would definitely check out www.pbresource.com/hauntedhouse.html. And there are tons of amazing resources on the web for system 80 game repair. Hit me up if you ever have any questions or post them here. Someone will chime in with sound advice.

In regards to your question: I believe what you might have saw was a mod, but definitely send some shots of your game, or the game with the lights, if you'd like us to clarify.

Best of luck!

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from galaga50:

Hi all,
Whats the consensus on replacement MPU boards?
There's Pascal, Rottendog and Swemmer.
I need a new one, and am wondering what your thoughts/recommendations are.
Thanks

I currently own the Pascal PI-80 for my HH and it is 100% without a doubt the best investment I made for my game. My original boards had a few issues and a small amount of battery damage, but to get on with playing my game at the time, I decided to put the boards away to get fixed down the road and plug a Pascal in for now. I'm an originalist at heart so one day I might want them back in, but for now, the Pascal is kicking ass and there's a chance it may never come out.

According to my PI-80 analytics, I literally have over 1,050 games started or played and I am not joking when I say I have zero issues. I cannot report a time where the game acted funny or didn't boot, or had display issues or anything like that. The game powers up, starts games and reacts with a superb crisp quickness time after time after time. Only issues I've had were physical ones like a drop target breaking in half cause mine are all old, or having to adjust some switches. But the old system 80 board/ground problems just do not exist with the PI-80.

Not to mention the tests, diagnostics, customization of gameplay and more. I personally have my settings matching the original gameplay as much as possible, but having the options there is nice.

Hit me up if you have any questions or want to see it in action.

#191 8 years ago

The pi-80 i have in my super orbit is so badass. Maybe some day for hh...

#192 8 years ago

Thanks I think I'll go with the Pascal board.
My machine lights up but won't start and as we all know it could be a bunch of issues, but I suspect the mpu is shot.

It needs some paintwork done to the playfields so Davebart I'll be re-reading your posts!!!

#193 8 years ago

Davebart5 thank you for the information you have one beautiful HH. I will post some pictures of mine this week. I wanted to check with the panel here any ideas for LED mods. I was thinking of getting a kit but not sure if is better just to go individual lights.

#194 8 years ago

Good timing. I was just about to post something here to start the discussion for LED options. I really want my game to be as original as possible, and if it were up to me I'd use incandescent because I like the warm glow. I think it fits this title real well, as if it's that spooky candle lighting.

But I ultimately want to preserve my game and the old bulbs hurt it over time and extended use.

So... What are the best LED's to have that vintage look, and be as close to old 47 bulbs as possible.

#195 8 years ago

Sorry to intrude but this seems to be a pretty active thread of HH owners. I have a separate thread going about a display problem I am having with my HH. Some of you may have responded which I appreciate.
The problem is that all 6 of the displays have a very slight flicker in the filament brightness, sometimes more prominent, sometimes less but always there, like a flickering candle flame. I have replaced boards, capacitors, connectors, checked voltages to no avail.
The first question is is this normal for a HH? I have nothing to compare. If not, are there any other suggestions? Here is a link to the original thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-displays-pulsing-and-flickering
Thanks in advance.

#196 8 years ago

Mine pulse a bit on both my system 80 games.

#197 8 years ago

BTW, did you ever find the original HH you were looking for? My game came from American Game Room, LLC in Fleetwood, PA.

#198 8 years ago

A more accurate question would be, is this normal for all System 80 games? All displays of this type pulsate a little, kind of like a florescent light does (since they both are gas charged). You can and should replace any electrolytic capacitors on the display and power boards just because of their age so you can get as constant a current as possible (which I see that you did). Some displays will pulsate more than others as the gas expands when hot, contracts when cold or if/when the gas slowly leaches out of the tube, it's just the nature of the System 80 beast. The only true way to get rid of this issue is to convert to LED type displays. I hope this helps explain.

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

Quoted from pindoc1:

The problem is that all 6 of the displays have a very slight flicker in the filament brightness, sometimes more prominent, sometimes less but always there, like a flickering candle flame.

The first question is is this normal for a HH?

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

BTW, did you ever find the original HH you were looking for? My game came from American Game Room, LLC in Fleetwood, PA.

Hey Pindoc1 - Are you referring to my search for the actual HH that was in my friend's basement growing up? If so, I haven't found it yet. But I am still interested in finding it and searching when I come across a PA based HH owner. I started a thread about it hoping it would gain some attention, but no leads have come in. It would be amazing to ever find that one.

#200 8 years ago

Steve,
Thanks very much. I was beginning to suspect as much as everything seems to check out. All the videos I have seen of Sys80 show something similar but I thought it was video artifact. If there is no change when I replace the line filter, I may check out the LED displays.
Thanks again.
Bruce

Quoted from blownfuse:

A more accurate question would be, is this normal for all System 80 games? All displays of this type pulsate a little, kind of like a florescent light does (since they both are gas charged). You can and should replace any electrolytic capacitors on the display and power boards just because of their age so you can get as constant a current as possible (which I see that you did). Some displays will pulsate more than others as the gas expands when hot, contracts when cold or if/when the gas slowly leaches out of the tube, it's just the nature of the System 80 beast. The only true way to get rid of this issue is to convert to LED type displays. I hope this helps explain.
Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
There are 1,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-club-the-beautiful-beast-all-welcome/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.