40BADF05-370A-4CF9-903A-869AB9161A97 (resized).jpeg
0CC74C5D-BFBD-4551-B004-95510375A1FB (resized).jpeg
20E2D40E-DC0D-40B1-BFA3-35A5AFA6AD32 (resized).jpeg
2D44A099-A330-4031-A82F-313138613350 (resized).jpeg
F78436B5-010D-4098-AA79-9DA49692E95E (resized).jpeg
25ED4B57-8CAA-448C-B200-FBC600048466 (resized).jpeg
4AD69A75-3665-4588-B0A3-86415AAE590B (resized).jpeg
9AB6E0D5-5359-45FC-A7DB-80AA24D65F97 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 29.
#101 8 years ago

The pascal board add anything like skill shot or flashing pops on hits?

#102 8 years ago

I am pretty sure the pascal boards allow you to add a skill shot. I do know that you can add flashing effects when hitting targets and you can make specials and extra ball spots flash when active. In addition to this there is a huge list of audits to keep track of stats for your machine, lights/coils/switches/display tests galore, PB monitoring for locked on coils and a whole bunch of customizable ways you can run your HH.

I personally have my Pascal settings as close to the original boards behavior as possible. I'm an originalist at heart and only have the pascal because my original board had a little battery corrosion and I wanted the utmost reliability for years to come.

One day I will get my original boards fixed and put back in the game. But even then, I may still use the Pascal PI-80 because of how good it is.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: http://www.flippp.fr/pi80.php?lg=en

#103 8 years ago

I am an official member of the Haunted House club. Picked up my first pin today, a fantastic looking and playing Haunted House.

1 week later
#104 8 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

I am an official member of the Haunted House club. Picked up my first pin today, a fantastic looking and playing Haunted House.

Lets see pics.

#105 8 years ago

I'm really surprised just how much I love this game. I was worried about no multiball, but I really don't miss it in hh. I had planned on doing the MB/speech Mods, but I don't think it needs it. This game is really just fun and beautiful.

#106 8 years ago

I have a new organ center plastic for anyone needing one...
it's either an original or pbr, not sure but probably pbr.

$30 shipped

SOLD

#107 8 years ago

Hey Shacklersrevenge,

PM sent on that plastic piece. It's literally the last piece I need for my restore. Every other plastic piece of mine is in good original condition, minus a few dings and scratches that aren't noticeable. But my organ piece is broken in half and I just have the broken pieces on top of the reproduction plastic protector for that area holding it in place.

I'd be one appreciative fella if I were able to grab that from you.

Dave

#108 8 years ago

Hey guys - Turns out I was just a little late on that Secret Passage plastic and it sold before I reached shacklersrevenge. That guy is a great seller by the way. Anyways... I dreamed of finding that piece one day. If anyone ever has one for sale, in any condition, I'm a buyer. Even with scratches on it, it'll be better than the one I currently have (picture below).

Also, I'm still looking for an original backglass in good condition. I currently have a nice CPR HH glass in, great condition, but I'm a sucker for original stuff and would love to throw an original backglass back in.

My glass that came with the game was in fantastic condition, but a freak accident with our dog made a window blind fall down on it while I had it off for service and sitting on the couch. It put a nice ding in a very noticeable spot and I made it worse trying to touch it up. That day still breaks my heart. Lesson learned there is never ever put the glass in a place with even the slightest chance of something hitting it.

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 2.19.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-14 at 2.19.46 PM.png

#109 8 years ago

The one on my game was not broken, and I forgot I even had this extra one on my movie shelf until my daughter was like ''what's this?''

I can scan this at least, if someone wants to make their own. It sucks having that plastic broken and making one is not that hard.

#110 8 years ago

Yeah, I'm kinda sick to my stomach I missed it. It's literally the cherry to put on top of my completed project. But those are the breaks of the hobby I guess...

I would love one for now even if it was a scanned repro. But i'm not even sure how or where to go and have one made and make it look good.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm really surprised just how much I love this game. I was worried about no multiball, but I really don't miss it in hh. I had planned on doing the MB/speech Mods, but I don't think it needs it. This game is really just fun and beautiful.

1.) I knew the game was gonna be fun going into buying one, but I am REALLY loving the gameplay, sounds and shots. It all just ties in so good together.

2.) I don't miss multi-ball either with this game, and I'm a believer in leaving it the way it was intended to be. Just a single soul (ball) roaming the bowels of an old haunted house racking up points. The speech sounds too robotic and the MB just isn't needed for this game to feel good. It's classic.

Also, with the speech, sitting HH next to a Black Hole I just wouldn't get the space theme out of my head if I heard both use the same sounds. I don't wanna go to space when I'm playing HH.

The only thing I wish HH designers did differently with this game, is add the metal swirl tunnel leading down into the basement like they have on BH. I feel this would save nearly all of the lower PFs from getting torn apart by that big drop down there. Other than that, perfection for an early 80's pin.

#112 8 years ago

Pics of my first pin...Haunted House. IT is in fantastic shape and is a blast to play. I cleaned it yesterday and will be waxing the PF this weekend, and hopfully net week my Comet LED's will be here. My brother bought Star Wars from the same guy the same day I got HH, a fellow pinsider.HH1.jpgHH1.jpgHH2.jpgHH2.jpgHH3.jpgHH3.jpgBoth.jpgBoth.jpg

1 week later
#113 8 years ago

Wooo Im in! Not in the gameroom yet, so no pics. Super pumped!

#114 8 years ago

So I had to make a new back glass...this is layer one as it sits on a light table. Next I need to create a masking layer.

Anyone a good digital artist?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#115 8 years ago

Anyone want to let me "hand scan" the rear of the backglass for my project?

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from arpman:

Come over one night this week. Play some HH and BH and have a beer.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Come over one night this week. Play some HH and BH and have a beer.

I would love too - but your outside of my driving range of 50 miles, however that may change.

What do you think of the glass so far?

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from arpman:

I would love too - but your outside of my driving range of 50 miles, however that may change.
What do you think of the glass so far?

Your glass - looks amazing thus far. Very impressed at the work you're doing and the dedication to doing it yourself. Sorry I dropped out. Once I put my new CPR glass in I totally stopped worrying about it not being an original and just started enjoying the game and focusing on tweaking parts now that they're in full action.

If you change your mind on the drive It's always here for you to use. I live in the schwenksville, pa area despite my profile saying Allentown.

#119 8 years ago

As anyone put in LED's yet? If so what are your thoughts?

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from arpman:

As anyone put in LED's yet? If so what are your thoughts?

I just did Comet LED frosted warm white, orange and red in the BG. I think it looks great, the colors stand out more but are not obnoxious or super bright. I did frosted warm white on the upper and middle PF and really like it. I did the cellar in frosted green and then realized the 10 bulbs around the PF see-though window are #313 bulbs (23 volt) which no one makes in green. But, I found an article about removing the 23V wire and tapping into 6V so I can run green LEDs there are well.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

I did the cellar in frosted green and then realized the 10 bulbs around the PF see-though window are #313 bulbs (23 volt) which no one makes in green. But, I found an article about removing the 23V wire and tapping into 6V so I can run green LEDs there are well.

Have not tried them myself yet, but Cointaker has these #313 LEDs in both green and white: http://cointaker.com/products/37544471-b113-419c-8897-cab636ad6b8a

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

Have not tried them myself yet, but Cointaker has these #313 LEDs in both green and white: http://cointaker.com/products/37544471-b113-419c-8897-cab636ad6b8a

Thanks, I did not see those when I looked before. I think I would prefer that to changing the woring.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from arpman:

I can scan the back of my repro with a hp 4600 if that works for you. Mike

1 week later
#124 8 years ago

Looks like the snow is melting enough ONE DAY before it ices and snows all over again, so I am going to try and move my HH in tonight.

Any leads on glass? Mine is scratched, Id really like a nice new piece. Any one know of a spot in Chicagoland? PBL only seems to have Williams widebody glass.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Looks like the snow is melting enough ONE DAY before it ices and snows all over again, so I am going to try and move my HH in tonight.
Any leads on glass? Mine is scratched, Id really like a nice new piece. Any one know of a spot in Chicagoland? PBL only seems to have Williams widebody glass.

Nice man! Get it in and start playing. What better way to kick off the weekend, or ride out the next snow storm then putting time in on your HH. Hope someone can lead you in the right direction for new glass.

#126 8 years ago

So, with all the rumor talk of Stern creating a Ghostbusters pin in 2016, I definitely became interested in the idea. I really want to build a collection of paranormal/occult themed games, because I feel that theme is one of the best in the pinball world if you look at all the titles that have the 'monster' vibe.

I was searching google for any leaked images or information, and came across this youtube video of a simulated Ghostbusters table that Farsight Studios came up with for the Pinball Arcade back in 2014.

And guess which table is the main foundation for this game, the Haunted House.

Just thought I'd share for those who haven't seen this before. I think it's a nod of respect to the real Haunted House, because it's such an iconic game for this ghostly theme. Long the live the Haunted House!

Screen_Shot_2016-01-08_at_5.04.12_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-08_at_5.04.12_PM_(resized).png

#127 8 years ago

Got her in. She was dropping the background music during games after I set it up, but after resenting all the connectors it seems to be fixed. A few other tweaks need to be done, but shes up and running. My displays seem to be dim. Player 1 is fine, but 2, 3 and 4 are a bit flickery and the 4th player one looks dim. Always something!

Thought some more about the glass. I may consider some invisiglass, the glare from the words "HAUNTED HOUSE" from the backglass really reflect badly and make the center area hard to see in my dark gameroom. There arent any GI lights under the secret passage plastic right? I dont see any, but I havent lifted the playfield yet to check. Maybe I have a row out? Just seems REALLY dark, even my wife said something.

IMG_9875_(resized).JPGIMG_9875_(resized).JPG

#128 8 years ago

What do you think about this internal side-art for HH?

32e5f1_2c7ef0e3e7d14d4389bd3cc6701fb58a_(resized).jpg32e5f1_2c7ef0e3e7d14d4389bd3cc6701fb58a_(resized).jpg

#129 8 years ago

The side art is not a bad idea, but I dont think you need the House as it is already on the backglass. More of the surrounding area (of the house) might be better imagery. More spookiness is what I would say. Are those colors matches to the playfield?

Another option would be to flesh out the spookiness in the house as the playfields represent the inside of the House. A more logical extension of the playfield(s) would be more appropriate (I think).

Any other thoughts?

#130 8 years ago

I agree, the blades need to match the art on the playfield closer in terms of color and content. The haunted house outside image is redundant.

Also, how come no one has made two ghost posts for the two posts near the skill shots? I imagine a ghost shaped post that looks like the ghosts on the playfield. The post would screw down like normal, and then the too would snap on to make it the ghost head on top. That way you could snap the head off to unscrew the post. Catch my drift?

#131 8 years ago

And what about this keychain?

32e5f1_0776d2815ad84a0d8cc6063b85499157_(resized).jpg32e5f1_0776d2815ad84a0d8cc6063b85499157_(resized).jpg

#132 8 years ago

Ok, so now I need help. As I said, the music was cutting out during games when I first got it. Re-sat all the board connectors, everything has been good since.

Today, I was watching some videos to see if any one lit the secret passage plastic ever and I noticed that my attract mode isnt working. Right now, the lightning flashes and it flashes game over, but the lights on the playfield do not chase or cycle.

I then noticed pne of the digits is out on my player 4 display, the second digit to be exact. It came back on after i had the machine on for a minute.

Any ideas on the attract mode issue first and foremost? I know the lights work because they do when a game is played.

Thanks!

#133 8 years ago

As I read it, the dip switch block thatbis farthest to the right is for game adjustments. Switch 3 and 4 need to be on, and they are. So unless I am reading the manual wrong that can be checked off. Wanted to mention that.

#134 8 years ago

OK...so by the lack of replies yall knew I was reading the manual wrong, lol. Attract mode in full effect!

Still need to remedy the display, will probably do a swap with one of the ones thats working fine.

As for lighting the center area/the secret passage plastic, I am thinking about the matrix system by comet pinball. Im not sure if I want to light the posts or do some led strips.

http://www.cometpinball.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1871

#135 8 years ago

Got a nice HH shopped with new boards and flipper rebuilds for sale in Hagerstown md. If you or someone you know is looking. This games plays reliable with new boards and ground issues fixed. It is in above average condition and looks great.

Pm me if interested,

Thanks

20160102_155056_(resized).jpg20160102_155056_(resized).jpg

#136 8 years ago

Chi do some digging around, there are a few Youtube vids and Pinside threads over the years on how to rejuvenate old Gottlieb displays with a 9v battery. You may want to try that.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Chi do some digging around, there are a few Youtube vids and Pinside threads over the years on how to rejuvenate old Gottlieb displays with a 9v battery. You may want to try that.

Thanks! Ya, I am aware you can "recharge" them. I am going to swap displays first to make sure its not something else and then I will go this route.

#138 8 years ago

It is usually the display when 1 is good and others are dim. If all were dim then yeah, you may have low HV.

Another thing if you are going to keep this one for a long long time is that Pinscore or some other LED vendor (maybe XPIN?) make a really nice LED alternative in green for System 80's.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

It is usually the display when 1 is good and others are dim. If all were dim then yeah, you may have low HV.
Another thing if you are going to keep this one for a long long time is that Pinscore or some other LED vendor (maybe XPIN?) make a really nice LED alternative in green for System 80's.

Looks like boston pinball company is the one that has them.

http://www.bostonpinballcompany.com/displays.htm

$300, not bad. I will consider it, thanks!

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from arpman:

So I had to make a new back glass...this is layer one as it sits on a light table. Next I need to create a masking layer.
Anyone a good digital artist?

image_(resized).jpeg

Fist off, I will join the Club!

Second, that glass looks great. How did you create it, and did you ever get the mask done?

My HH needs a backglass. It is in really bad shape, about 25% flaked off completely. Whole pin is in rough shape, but I got it cheap, and loved the game when young, so going to take a shot at it (it is the first pin I own). Bought it a few months back, but it is behind another project, I do about monthly search for backglass stuff, as it will need replacement

#141 8 years ago

So I had some friends over the other night to drink and play some rounds of HH, and one of them asked me why the order of the double bonus scoring lights above the 3 holes you encounter in the top left of the main PF are ordered wrong. I really didn't have an answer for him as to why they are like that, and it got me scratching my head why the designers would do this.

If you look at the picture below. The lights/labels above each hole do not match that hole's destination. Anyone else ever question this?

One would think it would be more intuitive to have the lights read from left to right: cellar / main floor / upstairs

IMG_0326_(resized).JPGIMG_0326_(resized).JPG

#142 8 years ago

Because its Haunted?

Did you notice that to light the Trap Door you have to hit the left outlane and not the trapdoor ?

#143 8 years ago

that is odd! so, no one has attempted to light the hidden passage plastic...EVER? come on.......

#144 8 years ago

I've considered lights under the secret passage. I think TNT has a video where they did it. It does look like it should be lit.

#145 8 years ago

I'll have to look that one up. It definitely needs lit

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I've considered lights under the secret passage. I think TNT has a video where they did it. It does look like it should be lit.

Like I said, that matrix system looks to be the best idea. No permanent modification. Ill probably use a GI bulb close, and then use a led pad or something branched off of it. Thoughts?

#147 8 years ago

I agree Chi. That Comet solution would work fine. You could use an insert lamp instead of a GI so that it only comes on when a certain event happens.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

I agree Chi. That Comet solution would work fine. You could use an insert lamp instead of a GI so that it only comes on when a certain event happens.

Maybe off the arrow insert in front of the secret passage target? I dunno, I kinda want it lit all the time, that area is so dark and it drives me nuts.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

You could use an insert lamp instead of a GI so that it only comes on when a certain event happens.

Not to complain, because this is absolutely my favorite game of all time. This is just a 'what if' daydream and spark conversation. But it would have been amazing additions if Gottlieb did three extra things when producing this game...

1.) Added a lamp to come on or flash underneath the Secret Passage plastic area, say when there is double scoring in the basement. That area is too dark for how cool of a plastic and centerpiece it is.

2.) Added a ball guide leading down into the basement, like Black Hole does, and that would save 90% of our basement PFs

3.) Decal'd or painted the metal ramp leading to the attic to make it look like a real stair case

Other than that, this is 80's pinball perfection to me!

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Maybe off the arrow insert in front of the secret passage target? I dunno, I kinda want it lit all the time, that area is so dark and it drives me nuts.

I like this idea too. When the arrow is lit the plastic gets illuminated as well... And maybe flashes when double scoring or special is lit in the basement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-club-the-beautiful-beast-all-welcome/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.