Topic Stats

• 738 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by wheyface
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 293 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HH-19.jpg
HH-20.jpg
HH-15.jpg
HH-16.jpg
HH-5.jpg
HH-3.jpg
HH-1.jpg
HH-0.jpg
0845C242-4704-45F8-8189-82F1528E5A1D.gif
8379231F-D93A-4DC8-B5EF-085510A41B4B (resized).jpeg
610FB47A-8CEE-41D9-ACEA-96680325CA83 (resized).jpeg
51B9230A-DDC0-46FB-8331-9FB6D4ED8FB5 (resized).jpeg
15D83E9E-52A4-41F1-B0C2-81348DE3FC56 (resized).jpeg
DE1F1667-A3B7-4EDE-932A-D085916BAD91 (resized).jpeg
6165BF3F-6D15-409C-9B21-F5B82A0D6EB2 (resized).jpeg
D7CA002F-7B08-486F-B051-FDD102762483 (resized).jpeg

There are 738 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.
#51 3 years ago

This is more like the crimper you need.

http://www.moddiy.com/products/Professional-Molex-Crimping-Tool.html

It has to crimp the pin in 2 places, one on the wire and one on the insulation. It does both in one crimp.

#52 3 years ago

Pinwiki has some good info and pics to remove the connectors

I think my crimper is made by molex or Waldom but still need to check later

#53 3 years ago

One of the best themed/graphic pins ever. The whole package is sexy. Would love to own one some day.

#54 3 years ago

Thanks Pinsonly - Thats a nice looking crimper.

#55 3 years ago

Joined the club this weekend. Absolutely a beautiful machine.IMG_20151115_200206505.jpg

#56 3 years ago

Damn those two look good together. I plan on getting my second pin soon, and really want something in the occult/paranormal theme (EATPM, TFTC, BSD) to accompany my HH, but every time I see a BH and HH together it makes me really want one of those next. There is actually a BH for sale sort of close to me, 100% working for around $1600.

Makes me pause every time.

#57 3 years ago

Those 2 go great together, I have mine back to back currently

#58 3 years ago

I have been waiting to find hh as a must have next to bh. Love both of them. It's worth getting bh if you don't have one yet. I plan on doing LEDs to hh asap, as it made bh really shine with LEDs.

#59 3 years ago

I'm not allowed to work on mine by myself anymore after the playfield fell and started to fall IN, so I caught it...messed up my shoulder big time, but hey, I saved all the electronics! Priorities, you know.

I'm having trouble getting the VUK working right. When I got this game, it appeared to have been a route game, and then sold to a private owner. It was incredibly dirty and smelly. I took it apart and cleaned everything I could, ran an ozone generator in the cab to get rid of the smell, reassembled it, and it worked great for a while. And then the tube got off center, or the lower playfield moved, or something...and now I can't get it right.

The VUK (I mean the lower to mid pf one) will get the ball out 70% of the time. The other times, it will get it on the 2nd try or it will just sit there and keep trying. (not me, family member said it just kept trying, and couldn't do it. eek!) So the coil might be partially fried now or something, too. I bought a new tube, and that doesn't help either. The U shaped bracket on the lower pf....doesn't really stay put anymore because the screw holes are well, more like screw slots now. Very long. I think it was the dirt and spilled beer holding it in place before.

It's difficult to get this aligned because I have to adjust, lower the pf, try it out, lift it, adjust, repeat until my helper/playfield lifter person is sick of it.

Is there just a more powerful coil I could use for the VUK so it will shoot the ball up whether it hits the sides of the tube or not? It seems like that's a poor VUK coil if that's slowing it down to begin with.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I have been waiting to find hh as a must have next to bh. Love both of them. It's worth getting bh if you don't have one yet. I plan on doing LEDs to hh asap, as it made bh really shine with LEDs.

I know... I'm really debating it and might just pull the trigger on a BH, breaking my plan of getting one of the (3) eerie themes I mentioned above. I was just yearning for something with nice ramps and call outs, they're so satisfying! I have room right now for only one more game, and the BH definitely fits the budget more than a $2600-$3000+ game.

Oh and my next pin will be plug and play. This HH project is enough to handle right now. Next project will come in the future for me when I have a nice garage to work on them. Moving forward, if it's going into the game-room it should be ready to rock. I'm itching to play my HH.

#61 3 years ago

Some guys hate leds. I think it adds a lot of visual depth and character.
When I got this it needed a lot of help.
Replaced all but 1 pop bumber/caps, massive cleaning all around, replaced the power supply board, all 4 bridge rectifiers, did the ground mod and a reflow on the sound driver board, plus the usual rubbers and added leds.

received_10204184158679295.jpeg

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

I know... I'm really debating it and might just pull the trigger on a BH, breaking my plan of getting one of the (3) eerie themes I mentioned above. I was just yearning for something with nice ramps and call outs, they're so satisfying! I have room right now for only one more game, and the BH definitely fits the budget more than a $2600-$3000+ game.
Oh and my next pin will be plug and play. This HH project is enough to handle right now. Next project will come in the future for me when I have a nice garage to work on them. Moving forward, if it's going into the game-room it should be ready to rock. I'm itching to play my HH.

buy the BH. If you do it up right, you won't be disappointed. Anyone in pinball needs to go down the black hole road at least once. Mandatory.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

buy the BH. If you do it up right, you won't be disappointed. Anyone in pinball needs to go down the black hole road at least once. Mandatory.

I sent an email to the guy to see if it's still around. We'll see... I'm gonna sleep on it and think about if I really want to abandon the search for a Tales From The Crypt. I am a fan of System 80 games, and do see your point of owning the system 80 "brothers" of HH and BH as a right of passage. Plus, I'm getting used to my HH system 80 components and keeping my next game in that realm may help me wrap my head around everything some more.

I just want to check to see if the BH has little cosmetic damage and is mostly original. I'm a sucker for original parts.

#64 3 years ago

Hey guys, going back to the subject of the right crimpers to use for re-pinning the edge connectors. I've listed a few of the options below that I've come across or recommended to me. I'd like to get these either off Amazon (for speedy delivery) or Pinball Resource which is my normal shop for all things pinball.

Please let me know your thoughts if you can and I'll place the order tonight...

There is this tool off Amazon that looked good: amazon.com link »

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 7.22.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-16 at 6.13.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-16 at 6.12.58 PM.png

#65 3 years ago

And if I do go through PBR for the crimper, I might as well grab a couple of other tools while I'm at it.

I'm looking to grab a light bulb changer pictured here. Has anyone used this tool and does it help?
Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 7.42.06 PM.png

Also, since I'm having trouble with the punch pins inside the connectors, maybe I should grab something for those too. Has anyone used any of these pin tools below? I don't mind calling Steve and just asking him either.
Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 7.41.57 PM.png

#66 3 years ago

Hey guys I am back to ask a HH question. I love my game but feel it would be cool to somehow modify or replace the sound board with added spooky sounds or even speech. Is this in anyway possible? Are their any aftermarket kits avail.? Would love to update this great game.

Thanks,
Rob

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

Hey guys I am back to ask a HH question. I love my game but feel it would be cool to somehow modify or replace the sound board with added spooky sounds or even speech. Is this in anyway possible? Are their any aftermarket kits avail.? Would love to update this great game.
Thanks,
Rob

Check this out... Is this something that would interest you?

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

Are their any aftermarket kits avail

Yes, there is a thread showing an example someone did with updated music sounds and speech that sounds great. I think it might be linked in this thread as well, something like Halloween special HH. Its very cool!

Edit: Davebart5 beat me to it, but that's the one!

#69 3 years ago

OH YES! That is exactly what i was talking about!!!!! I want one of those!!!!!!! AWESOME UPGRADE

THANKS! Will look that up ASAP

Rob

#70 3 years ago

I did a little investigating on this sound mod and found out that the co. that did all the work to produce it has a free download on their website so you can burn a new e-prom that you can put into the stock sound board for the upgraded speech. Do not think it includes the music but hey it is free! Go and check it out. BTW I was able to find a cool way to instantly translate both web sites. Btw don't let the beautiful models distract you LOL! Now I need to find someone on this thread that can burn E-Proms and willing to ship one or two to me for a price. Please let all of us know.

Thanks,
Rob

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Hey guys, going back to the subject of the right crimpers to use for re-pinning the edge connectors. I've listed a few of the options below that I've come across or recommended to me. I'd like to get these either off Amazon (for speedy delivery) or Pinball Resource which is my normal shop for all things pinball.
Please let me know your thoughts if you can and I'll place the order tonight...
There is this tool off Amazon that looked good: amazon.com link »
Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 7.22.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 6.13.20 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 6.12.58 PM.png

I like the first one, but I do like Steve and Gloria at Pinball Resource, so if you call, just make sure what you are getting is correct... I don't think the 3rd one is correct for this purpose. Steve might have the Pins you need as well.

I have the Rubber light bulb tool from them as well, I have used it on occasion and I am glad I have it, but it is not necessary for most bulbs in any modern pin.

I don't have any of the Punches, and for my games, I doubt I would ever need any of them. Maybe the one to help you get the old pins out.

Steve is an absolute wealth of pinball knowledge, I am sure he will know exactly what you need. Also, You might need the tool that is used to remove the pins from molex connectors on most modern connectors. It is a punch looking thing that surrounds the pin and holds the parts that secure it to the connector so that the pin will slide out.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=molex+pin+removal+tool&espv=2&biw=1479&bih=800&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CCMQsARqFQoTCJrd97XjlskCFRT8YwodkQYCQA

Thanks, Dave

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

No spring, just a capacitor base clamp.
I found this.
» YouTube video

There is a spring attached to the capacitor clamp thats on the plastic tube and it gets fastened back to the playfield with a small metal bracket. I found the pic here on this site after more searching....it was in the technical forum.

Thanks
John

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

Do not think it includes the music but hey it is free!

It does not include music. It's just a couple of very robotic call outs. If you ever played a Black Hole, its the same card and same quality of sound.

The music that is in the YouTube vid is from a Pinsound board. The adapter to interface that into a HH is still under development. As the Pinsound board is pricey expect to pay more than a few hundred for the solution, and then you need to orchestrate/pirate/insert your own music as they do not ship with music (copyrights and all that legal crap).

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

It does not include music. It's just a couple of very robotic call outs. If you ever played a Black Hole, its the same card and same quality of sound.
The music that is in the YouTube vid is from a Pinsound board. The adapter to interface that into a HH is still under development. As the Pinsound board is pricey expect to pay more than a few hundred for the solution, and then you need to orchestrate/pirate/insert your own music as they do not ship with music (copyrights and all that legal crap).

Bummer this is disappointing news . I really like the music and sound in that video!

Rob

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Well... After sleeping on it last night, I went ahead and put my deposit down for that Black Hole this afternoon! I wanted to continue the spooky paranormal pin theme as my next purchase, but there is arguably no better pin to accompany a Haunted House than it's older brother, the BH. These two are almost meant to be together.

I am feeling good that the BH is priced fair, and coming from a reputable/long running coin-op shop/retailer who is getting it bulletproofed and 100% working for me. The game has very little wear on cabinet or PF's, and all cosmetic parts are originals. I'll be picking it up in a week.

From what I understand, the ice is broken and now the obsession to buy more really ramps up once you get the 2nd game.

#76 3 years ago

LOL, collecting System 80 doesn't end with just a few, there are many more out there. I'll never quit.

Steve

Quoted from davebart5:

From what I understand, the ice is broken and now the obsession to buy more really ramps up once you get the 2nd game.

#77 3 years ago

You'll love both. Bh and hh could be the best duo in all of pinball to have as a pair.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Well... After sleeping on it last night, I went ahead and put my deposit down for that Black Hole this afternoon! I wanted to continue the spooky paranormal pin theme as my next purchase, but there is arguably no better pin to accompany a Haunted House than it's older brother, the BH. These two are almost meant to be together.
I am feeling good that the BH is priced fair, and coming from a reputable/long running coin-op shop/retailer who is getting it bulletproofed and 100% working for me. The game has very little wear on cabinet or PF's, and all cosmetic parts are originals. I'll be picking it up in a week.

Congrats on pulling the trigger on the BH! Now we will see a number 2 under games in your collection on your avatar! Warning it only gets worse, next year you will be up to four of five possibly LOL

Rob

#79 3 years ago

They are both very fun games, congrats on adding BH to HH.

I think HH has better interaction between the 3 playfields, with the ball constantly moving up or down, but BH seems to play faster and meaner - plus BH has multiball of course.

#80 3 years ago

You beat me to BH. I had plans on visiting the guy about that machine this weekend.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

LOL, collecting System 80 doesn't end with just a few, there are many more out there. I'll never quit.
Steve

Spirit is next! The Pinball Trifecta will be COMPLETE!!!! In my dreams... One day, I will have enough dollar bills to afford that beauty. Spirit is by far my Holy Grail pin.

Quoted from konghusker:

You'll love both. Bh and hh could be the best duo in all of pinball to have as a pair.

Agreed.

Quoted from gaspumprob:

Congrats on pulling the trigger on the BH! Now we will see a number 2 under games in your collection on your Avatar! Warning it only gets worse, next year you will be up to four of five possibly LOL
Rob

As soon as the game is in my home and plugged in, the avatar number will be changed. My fiance feels game number 3 or 4 is only a matter of time. I'm starting to save up for #3 now for when I hit the Allentown show this year...

Quoted from PNBLWZD:

They are both very fun games, congrats on adding BH to HH.
I think HH has better interaction between the 3 playfields, with the ball constantly moving up or down, but BH seems to play faster and meaner - plus BH has multiball of course.

I can't wait to put this theory to practice. Itching to play a game while my HH is still being resurrected from the dead. Soon they will both be ALIVE.

Quoted from Evilive69:

You beat me to BH. I had plans on visiting the guy about that machine this weekend.

I had a feeling it was being watched. I normally don't buy things that are this expensive and also come with a list of potential problems without seeing or playing with it first... But knowing what the Coin Op Doc stands for and his experience, I went with my gut and trusted it would be a stellar game being filtered through trusted hands...

#82 3 years ago

Well, I usually sit back and troll everyone's posts, but I thought I'd say something.
I wasn't into pins very much until now.
I recently bought a HH. I was browsing craigslist and stumbled upon a 15 minute old post for the machine. I called my pinhead uncle told and he told me it would be a solid investment. ( Im Sure he woukd have bought it if he wasnt 200 miles away) the ladys husband died and she knew nothing about it. She was locatated 3 minutes feom my house. By the time i got there she said she had already got 5 olus calls. Anyways, I got it for next to nothing and planned on making a few hundred dollars on it. I brought it home, cleaned it up, changed a few fuses and upgraded the grounding. I was all ready to list it for sale but I found myself thinking about it every minute of the day. I'd be in my bed trying to go to sleep and would have to get up and look at it. I started to criticize the machine. I was trying to find every single problem it had so I could repair it. My wife was dumbfounded when she would come home everyday and there I was, fixing or repairing the machine. (She still thought I was flipping it) I actually told her I was still selling it, but it would be worth more if I did the repair work)
Well, to some this up, Ive had it for around 45 days now. I put in hundreds of hours of work and research in it and spent around a thousand more dollars on it. I think my wife finally realized it is part the house now.
Does anyone else have this obsessive behavior about their own HH.

#83 3 years ago

Spirit BH and HH does make the trifecta of system 80 multilevel games, that was my vision as well!

#84 3 years ago

I'm lucky that I found all 3 before they became sought after.

Steve

Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Spirit BH and HH does make the trifecta of system 80 multilevel games, that was my vision as well!

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Steve

Yeah... I'm late to the party.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Steve you were far ahead of the curve with all these system 80 games, you were collecting them when they were ugly duckling oddball filler games and most everyone else was looking to the future. Now they are really being appreciated and getting harder to find.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Steve

I was lucky also. I traded a routed/worn F-14 for my HH years ago.

#88 3 years ago

In my collection I have a HH (7digits and pinsound) a BH with US backglasses (7digits) a MARS (Ready to migrate to 7 digits) and of course i'm looking for a SPIRIT.

For we have planned to add voice as we have done with HH. (SC-01 + code added).

MARS and BH have double backglass and i love this, next step ... VOLCANO ? Maybe, but storage is limited ...

Enjoy HH !!!

#89 3 years ago

Question: My upper level post targets seem to have a hard time registering hits when contacted by the ball. During play, the ball will regularly hit the bank of targets, but will just bounce off and not register points or sound. When I test touch them with my fingers, it seems to works fine, points and sound are perfect. But during play the ball doesn't seem to do it right. It could be hitting the plastic piece above them, or the rubbers in between, but I feel the need to adjust them to be more frequently registered.

Anyone else here had to make this adjustment?

IMG_0130.JPG

#90 3 years ago

Yes, I used to have to clean with a business card and adjust them for performance. I've since changed to ordering new targets installed on System 3 switches, designed better for less air balls.

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

Quoted from davebart5:

Question: My upper level post targets seem to have a hard time registering hits when contacted by the ball. During play, the ball will regularly hit the bank of targets, but will just bounce off and not register points or sound. When I test touch them with my fingers, it seems to works fine, points and sound are perfect. But during play the ball doesn't seem to do it right. It could be hitting the plastic piece above them, or the rubbers in between, but I feel the need to adjust them to be more frequently registered.
Anyone else here had to make this adjustment?

#91 3 years ago

Thanks Steve. I'll try to use the card for cleaning and adjusting. Do you just use the card to swipe away any dirt back there on the switch, and then try to pull the switch parts closer together with one of those "L" tools?

Before I go and buy new ones, I'd like to try everything I can to get these actual targets to work better, since nearly 95% of my game is original parts. Trying my best to keep everything in tact like that.

#92 3 years ago

Just stick the card between the contacts, pinch them closed using your other hand and draw the card through. A business card does a great job for this. Then adjust the switch to a little smaller gap than the thickness of a dime (no less than half the thickness) with a switch adjusting tool.

Steve

Quoted from davebart5:

Thanks Steve. I'll try to use the card for cleaning and adjusting. Do you just use the card to swipe away any dirt back there on the switch, and then try to pull the switch parts closer together with one of those "L" tools?
Before I go and buy new ones, I'd like to try everything I can to get these actual targets to work better, since nearly 95% of my game is original parts. Trying my best to keep everything in tact like that.

#93 3 years ago

Hh revamped with LEDs. Before and after. Honestly loved it either way, but LEDs really pop.

IMG_20151124_201935999.jpg

IMG_20151123_190626379.jpg

#94 3 years ago

Perfect, thank you Steve!

Also, I posted this question in my other thread but it didn't get noticed.

When my trap door gets activated and opens, whether it be via the left side out-lane, or the gate, it makes a semi-noticeable humming noise like something is energized. Is this normal?

#95 3 years ago

I think I'd take the trap door assembly apart for cleaning and look for a worn out plunger and stops causing the humming sound. Another cause would be that the door is binding a little and the coil is humming while trying to do it's job.

Steve

Quoted from davebart5:

When my trap door gets activated and opens, whether it be via the left side out-lane, or the gate, it makes a semi-noticeable humming noise like something is energized. Is this normal?

#96 3 years ago

Ok I'll take it apart for inspection and report back if I come across any issues.

I may do it in 2 weeks or so, since we'll have company over next weekend for my birthday and I want the BH and HH rocking. I'd hate to be in the middle of this project and rush to get it all wrapped up before hand.

Thanks again Steve.

#97 3 years ago

I am looking for Haunted house and I figured the best place to find one would be here. I am really looking fora project but any thing will be considered. I realize that everyone here loves haunted house( as do I) and don't want to let them go. But if you know of one on the east coast please let me know. Looking to buy or possibly trade my WWFRR

#98 3 years ago

Do you other guys have to adjust the secret passage switch often? I cleaned it, and it normally works fine, but it seems to not register as much as it should. A fast shot goes through to quickly, and doesn't activate lower playfield. Any suggestions

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Do you other guys have to adjust the secret passage switch often? I cleaned it, and it normally works fine, but it seems to not register as much as it should. A fast shot goes through to quickly, and doesn't activate lower playfield. Any suggestions

When first shopping out my HH, I have cleaned the metal rails for the most part, but haven't taken apart the assembly of it all. I too have these fast shots miss the switch every once in a great while. I'd be interested in knowing what others have done to guarantee a hit.

#100 3 years ago

I am over 100 games into my HH with the Pascal PI-80 board and I literally have had zero issues with the board or not starting a game. Each and every time I power up or start a game, everything comes to live like it was 1982.

And, just yesterday, I dropped this beauty of a high score. Going to be hard to beat and I was so going for the 999,999 score to permanently be on display. It was a great game and I was able to secure 1 - 5 targets, slayed in the basement and did damage in the upstairs grabbing specials several times. After that, I got an extra ball on ball 2 around 700k and that set me up for success.

HH is so much fun and I'm getting good at knowing the shots and recognize the ball's behavior in this game.

IMG_0149.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 8.40
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Indianapolis, IN
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 7.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
There are 738 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside