Topic Stats

• 682 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 254 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2508 (resized).JPG
IMG_2507 (resized).JPG
IMG_2505 (resized).JPG
IMG_2506 (resized).JPG
IMG_2504 (resized).JPG
Upper Stitch Full_6_Expanded (resized).png
HHBoard (resized).jpg
20190119_074245 (resized).jpg
20190119_074241 (resized).jpg
48020635_1250185575157493_1476541925946294272_n.jpg
20181205_185024 (resized).jpg
20181124_140731 (resized).jpg
20181124_134507 (resized).jpg
20181124_140259 (resized).jpg
20181124_134411 (resized).jpg
20181124_134503 (resized).jpg

There are 682 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 53 days ago

Riddle me this Batman... why does the lower left pop bumper on my main playfield go off randomly? Seems to happen less when I use a static reducing spray like Wizards Mist and Shine but still happens.

#652 53 days ago

Does it happen when nothing is happening, or when other things are going off?

#653 53 days ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

Riddle me this Batman... why does the lower left pop bumper on my main playfield go off randomly? Seems to happen less when I use a static reducing spray like Wizards Mist and Shine but still happens.

Are the contacts adjusted too close? If so, vibration from other devices could trigger it.

#654 52 days ago

Seems to happen the most when the ball is draining but happens other times too. I have adjusted the contacts almost to the point the the pop doesn’t work when it’s actually supposed to but it doesn’t stop the random activation.

#655 52 days ago

Hi all,

I have a neglected HH which I am trying to get up and running. I have had all the boards checked and repaired, repinned the connectors, and done the ground mods. I have connected J1 only on the power supply and the voltages are all good. I'm now checking the coil resistances before putting all the other connectors on the boards and powering up. All coils are above 2.4 ohms, except for:

1. Main playfield lower pop bumper resistance: 1.9 ohms, disconnected 2.0 ohms, with diode cut 1.2 ohms
So I guess this coil is bad?

1. All 4 main playfield flippers resistance: 1.5 ohms
I disconnected one of these and get 3.5 ohms
What does this mean?

#656 52 days ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

Seems to happen the most when the ball is draining but happens other times too. I have adjusted the contacts almost to the point the the pop doesn’t work when it’s actually supposed to but it doesn’t stop the random activation.

Trace that questionable pop bumper back to it's pop bumper board (one of the small boards under the playfield). Swap that pop bumper board with one of your know good boards. If the problem moves you know you have a bad pop bumper board.

#657 51 days ago

Can someone please put the leads of their multimeter on the left and right lugs of their main playfield flipper coils and tell me what resistance reading you get?

#658 50 days ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Can someone please put the leads of their multimeter on the left and right lugs of one of their main playfield flipper coils and tell me what resistance reading you get?

Anyone? You can do it through the coin door, don't even need to lift the playfield.

#659 50 days ago

I just joined the club last night. I picked up a project HH that will need a bit of work to get going. I am going to attempt the multi-ball and speech conversion - if anyone has any experience with this, I'd love to hear about it.

#660 50 days ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I just joined the club last night. I picked up a project HH that will need a bit of work to get going. I am going to attempt the multi-ball and speech conversion - if anyone has any experience with this, I'd love to hear about it.

It is a great machine! Speech is pretty easy. Swapping out ROMs on the main MPU and sound card then plug in an SC-01 Votrax speech chip.

#661 50 days ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Can someone please put the leads of their multimeter on the left and right lugs of one of their main playfield flipper coils and tell me what resistance reading you get?

C'mon, can someone please help me out here? It will only take a minute. With the game off, grab your multimeter, put in on the resistance setting to measure ohms, open the coin door, find a flipper coil and put one lead on the far left lug and the other on the far right lug of the coil. Then please post the reading.

Sorry to pester everyone but I can't really move forward with my game until I find out if my flipper coils are normal. Thanks in advance.

#662 50 days ago

I'd gladly do it but recently moved the machine and haven't set it back up. Going to try and move my other machine over soon since I am looking forward to playing it again.

Someone should chime in.

What value are you seeing?

#663 50 days ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

What value are you seeing?

I'm getting 1.6 ohms, which seems too low.

#664 49 days ago

Main playfield flipper coils are reading 1.8 - 1.9 ohms on the HH I am currently working on.

Quoted from solarvalue:

I'm getting 1.6 ohms, which seems too low.

#665 49 days ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Main playfield flipper coils are reading 1.8 - 1.9 ohms on the HH I am currently working on.

OK, thankyou so much for checking for me.

#666 48 days ago

No problem, I have the 3 playfields removed right now for cleaning and maintenance / upgrades.

Quoted from solarvalue:

OK, thankyou so much for checking for me.

#667 42 days ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

pop bumper on my main playfield go off randomly

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Swap that pop bumper board with one of your know good boards.

+1 on checking the PBDB.
Look for cold solder especially the 0.156" connector pins. I have completely rebuilt many PBDB using the kit from Big Daddy enterprises.
also make sure the "update" (jumper & cap flip) has been done to them.

#668 39 days ago

I finally had a chance to get my Haunted House setup again. It's been sitting since I brought it home from my parents. I have it up and running well but there is a new issue. Last time it was setup the audio was perfect. In attract mode between playing sounds it was silent. Now I get an odd sort of scratchy humming noise. It is loud enough to be annoying and wasn't there before. The machine is properly grounded and neither of the other two machines on that circuit have issues.

The ground mods were done and the main caps in the bottom of the cabinet were replaced before I got the game and I plan on going over all those connections again. Maybe check the volume controls in cases the oxidized a bit.

Has anyone else run into this? If you did what was the issue you found?

#669 36 days ago

Still haven't found the issue yet. I'm leaning toward a bad ground. Almost has the sound of a transformer when the laminated core is going bad and it hums.

Going to pull the power board for the sound and go over that to see if I can find any issues there.

#670 36 days ago

Still haven't found the issue yet. I'm leaning toward a bad ground. Almost has the sound of a transformer when the laminated core is going bad and it hums.
Going to pull the power board for the sound and go over that to see if I can find any issues there.

In my mind this can only be one of two things. The first is the pins in the following locations. The second is a failed sound card. Re-pin first and report back your findings.

HHBoard (resized).jpg
#671 35 days ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

In my mind this can only be one of two things. The first is the pins in the following locations. The second is a failed sound card. Re-pin first and report back your findings.
[quoted image]

Issue is still there but I was wrong about the ground mods being done. Only extra grounds are on the main power board, MPU, and light board on the backglass.

It looks like I need to add them to the speech power board, speech board, and main driver board. That may clear up the issue.

#672 35 days ago

I'm going to do the mods one at a time to see if any of them solve the sound issue. The sounds were perfect before moving the machine and I don't believe the issue will end up being on the sound card itself as i've already gone through that.

First board I pulled off was the power supply for the sound card. Just noticed there was corrosion around the screw, nut, and washer where the voltage regulator is supposed to make contact with the trace on the pcb which looked to be a poor connection. That is the first thing I'm cleaning up.

#673 34 days ago

I'm going to do the mods one at a time to see if any of them solve the sound issue. The sounds were perfect before moving the machine and I don't believe the issue will end up being on the sound card itself as i've already gone through that.
First board I pulled off was the power supply for the sound card. Just noticed there was corrosion around the screw, nut, and washer where the voltage regulator is supposed to make contact with the trace on the pcb which looked to be a poor connection. That is the first thing I'm cleaning up.

To be honest, the ground mods aren't that important if your pins are good. Those edge connector pins ware out quick. Have you replaced the caps on the sound board? I have a couple test wires with alligator clips that I use to test grounds. This allows you to move your ground from board to board without doing perminate changes. Very helpful in troubleshooting something like this.

#674 30 days ago

Have my machine working well again. It seemed to just be a bad connection. Sounds back to normal now. I wasn't expecting that it was the sound board since I went over that and fixed it when I first bought the game. Had also used it to repair a couple other Haunted House sound cards. One with speech and one without.

#675 30 days ago

I would eventually like to get a spare system 80 MPU board for my game. Found someone with an 80A but I'm not sure on the backwards compatibility. Is another running an 80A in their machine?

#676 27 days ago

Lost my lightning behind the Haunted House back glass last night. Otherwise, Everything is working well on the game and it is playing great. It looks like I'm only getting about .7 volts instead of 5v on the A11 lamp board which explains why it isn't activating any of those lights. Since I don't notice any other issues I'm goin to start with the assumption it is a bad connection on the 5v line.

Does anyone happen to know where that connector goes and what is the source that feeds it?

#677 26 days ago

If anyone is interested, I've started a thread to document my Haunted House restoration. I also hope to add Multi-ball and speech.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-resto-plus-multiball-and-speach

#678 26 days ago

See ya over there, I'm doing the same right now . . .

Quoted from SunKing:

If anyone is interested, I've started a thread to document my Haunted House restoration. I also hope to add Multi-ball and speech.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-resto-plus-multiball-and-speach

#679 24 days ago

Joined the club today! It will be fun reading through the whole thread !

1 week later
#680 13 days ago

If anyone is interested: Here's a pretty decent corrected scan of the upper playfield. I needed to recreate a few portions of the graphics because of paint loss. I'm not sure if the resized version that the forum creates is workable. If you need the full-sized .psd, it's 94MB. I was able to make good waterslides from this image.

Upper Stitch Full_6_Expanded (resized).png
#681 12 days ago

Just finished this two more to go. Changed the bumpers and the round targets and removed the horrible vinyl wrap that Gottlieb placed on the playfield rails. Really happy with the quality of micro playfields.

IMG_2504 (resized).JPGIMG_2505 (resized).JPGIMG_2506 (resized).JPGIMG_2507 (resized).JPGIMG_2508 (resized).JPG
#682 12 days ago
Quoted from Adrian:

Just finished this two more to go. Changed the bumpers and the round targets and removed the horrible vinyl wrap that Gottlieb placed on the playfield rails. Really happy with the quality of micro playfields.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Stunning, great work!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
$ 50.00
Sale Pending!
San Jose, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterloo, ON
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 682 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside