Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-706.jpg
image-356.jpg
image-225.jpg
image-112.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Got a great deal on this game looking to make it look good for the collection. I see twisted pins has a stencil kit I myself will not be doing the paint job only the prep work leaving that up to a trustworthy auto paint shop. Do they offer good stencils kits or any other suggestions? Also anyone buy the LED kit from marcos on this game? I did buy one from them for firepower I thought it was ok but not sure for haunted house if it's with the $200 plus costs if it gives the same effects my firepower. I have seen led lights go bad they are a little overrated for long life expectancy.

#2 9 years ago

I put LEDs in my backbox, but kept everything else original. Just my preference, but incandescent lighting suits this and most other games of the era.

If I were you, I'd order a few different types and colors of LEDs from pinball life and try them out in various spots in your machine.

#3 9 years ago

I put the coin taker kit in mine, and enjoy it quite abit. And yes the price tag is high, so I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.

#4 9 years ago

Twisted Pins gets great reviews on pinside, so I think you can buy with confidence.

It takes a little more work, but I think choosing your own LED's turns out better. Comet Pinball has good prices on individual bulbs. Here's some articles that will help you select LED's.

http://pinballrehab.com/articles/pinball-mods-and-leds

#5 9 years ago

Twisted Pins is great. I have not bought stincils from them but a ton of other stuff. I had a wrong item sent to me and it was really close to what I was supposed to get, so I was worried about it being an issue. I sent them a quick email and they had the new stuff in the mail the next day with apologies. Great customer service. I would trust their quality on anything.

#6 9 years ago

Great info I like the links thanks terryb. I feel the entire led kit is overkill from marcos will probbably do a few led bulbs like the instruction card mod on a link . Anyone have opinions on clear coating this game ? My auto paint guys did great on a EM play field for my Grand Prix restore. Little intimidating having three levels would be a big job but wanna keep this play field art looking good it's dirty and yet to have time to do anything but unload it out of my truck but I don't see much touch ups needed which is good I hate trying to do them myself. I know if I'm having them do the cabinet they will give me a good deal but is it worth disassembling a lot going on here not that I can't do it but looks very time consuming.
On a separate note I stumbled across on eBay a f-14 decal mod that I ordered right away. I actually just got the game a month ago and thought to myself something is missing on the upper left side. Well it wasn't but the guy who made this decal thought the same . It's a awesome job defiantly a pro graphic artist design only costs $28.00 with shipping just got it today I highly recommend buying one if you have a f-14 tomcat game.

image-112.jpgimage-112.jpg
1 month later
#7 9 years ago

Just got my playfield back from the auto paint shop for clear coating.

image-225.jpgimage-225.jpg image-706.jpgimage-706.jpg image-356.jpgimage-356.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-cabinet-and-led and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.