You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
P6180030 (resized).JPG
0610172310 (resized).jpg
0610172243 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donjagra.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

I am troubleshooting pop bumper fuse issues as well on my haunted house. Why are your pop bumpers blowing the fuse for the sound board? Is there more than one F8? Have you done the mods?

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80#Pop_bumper_problems

I keep blowing F4, but I'm sure I have a bad transistor on one of my pop boards.

0610172243 (resized).jpg0610172243 (resized).jpg

#12 6 years ago

F4 is the fuse for all the solenoids, including the pops. The pops are locking on when I start a game and blowing F4, when I unplug the pbdbs, the game plays fine and the fuse doesn't blow. Also, I had to stop working on it tonight due to unfortunate circumstances.... Anyone have a spare playfield glass for a haunted house?

0610172310 (resized).jpg0610172310 (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

System 80s are an adventure. Blownfuse would have been able to tell us. RIP brother.

#15 6 years ago

I still haven't decided what grounding mods the game really needs. I am super thankful I only broke the playfield glass instead of the backglass, that would be a heartbreaker.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Since it sounds like you have a different issue, you should probably start your own thread on it. The troubleshooting suggestions for Lovef2k's game will probably be different than the ones for yours.

I wasn't looking for advice on my issue, I was just explaining why I had spent the day reading about system 80 pop bumpers and sharing the link.

We both are suffering from suspect pbpd boards.

Rottendog makes a replacement pop board, it might be worth the $25 to replace the bad one.

#24 6 years ago

Try disconnecting the spoon switch and see if it still activates. It could be the leaf is too tight and activating the bumper. If it still activates with the spoon disconnected, then we know there is a short or diode issue.

#30 6 years ago

If the coils are firing, then the transistor doesn't need replacing. The pop and the flipper shouldn't be connected unless there is a short or a ground wire that isn't connected quite right. If it is a diode, it will be on the flipper.

#32 6 years ago

Could be. My issue turned out to be poor connections. My pop boards were already updated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donjagra.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-blowing-pop-bumper-fuse-help?tu=donjagra and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.