• Latest reply 1 year ago by Knxwledge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220718_203652 (resized).jpg
20220718_202833 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mad_dog_coin_op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from stvns78:

Hello, first post! I recently picked up Haunted House, my first machine. It was my favorite pinball machine at the skating rink growing up. We had Roller Disco at home which is the next one I want to get.
Luckily the machine came without the battery pack. It looks like it had leaked in the past but the damage seems to be minimal and does not affect the game in anyway I can tell. I am leaning towards a CR2032 battery holder and the blocking diode approach but was wanting to solicit options and recommendations for battery replacements.
I have referenced the pinwiki page for System 80: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80#Relocating_the_battery_from_the_MPU_board
Is there anyway to connect a rechargeable battery pack to the MPU or is the only rechargeable option the super-cap? If i use the coin cell holder to I need to drill any holes in the board or will it fit with the holes currently in the board?
Thanks!

For System 80 pins I always use memory capacitors instead of new batteries or NVRAM. A $5 fix that is good forever.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from stvns78:

Will any 5.5v 1F super cap work or is there one you recommend for the System 80 boards?
Thanks!

Any will work. I've tried many different types / brands and they have all worked for me. The trick is to find them cheap and in stock. My HH can sit for 6 months (or more) without losing settings (the game is at my vacation house). After 10 mins of play the cap is charged up and ready for another 6-month run.

https://www.amazon.com/Capacitor-20mm7mm-Coin-C-Electric-Memory/dp/B084RH5T71/ref=sr_1_3

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mad_dog_coin_op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-house-battery-replacement?tu=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.