(Topic ID: 189075)

Haunted house basement pop bumper not working.

By Moto_bone

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KenLayton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170512_212353 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hello everyone,

Recently acquired a haunted house and it had a myriad of issues that I've mostly worked out.

I did the ground mods and polished all of the contacts on the pcb board's. All stock Gottlieb board's.

I have tried swapping out known working driver board's for the basement pop bumper and it's not functioning still.

I did have some wires broke on the U relay that was messing with the flipper in the basement not working. Does the pop bumper go through any of those relays?

Thanks!

20170512_212353 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Sounds like you need to replace the pop bumper board. Try switching it with one of your working ones to be sure.

Dan

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

Sounds like you need to replace the pop bumper board. Try switching it with one of your working ones to be sure.
Dan

Did that already. Still on the pursuit of the ghosts that are haunting this thing

1 week later
#4 4 years ago

Turned out to be a bad pop bumper board, the fuse was blown. I should have used my continuity tester first. Visual inspection looked fine.. It wasn't!

All better now!

#5 4 years ago

You must have had a shorted transistor on that particular pop bumper driver board. Or possibly bad solder joints on the +5 volt terminal on that pop bumper board.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

You must have had a shorted transistor on that particular pop bumper driver board. Or possibly bad solder joints on the +5 volt terminal on that pop bumper board.

I replaced the transistor even though it tested fine. and reflowed the solder connections and it still blows fuses. Maybe a bad cap?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

I replaced the transistor even though it tested fine. and reflowed the solder connections and it still blows fuses. Maybe a bad cap?

If the board has been updated, I would check the single 1N4148 diode for a shorted condition. If it checks good and the board has been updated with new electrolytic capacitors, then replace both of the integrated circuits (one or both are shot). Install IC sockets for the new chips.

A word of caution here: this board has very delicate foil traces so use care when desoldering any components from it. I use my Hakko 808 desoldering gun for this board.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside