Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
Haunted Fuses

Letter received on Friday July 24th 2015.

Friday July 24th 2015

Haunted House--we were playing a game and saw smoke in the lowest level coming out of the opening below the snap-band next to the left flipper. We depowered, opened up and found some soot on the metal device attached to the coil that powers that snap-band. Trying to figure out what was going on, we powered up with the game boards tilted up so we could see the bottom of the lower game board. We also activated the money and game buttons so the music was playing. There was no smoke and no smell at this point. When we touched the right upper flipper button, the music stopped and after that most of the game functions stopped working. The lights and scoreboards still stayed lit up. A couple of the targets still added score to the scoreboard, but no much else seemed to work. A quick look at the fuses seemed to show them all intact.

At this point I noticed that the A-5194 coil attached to the #2 target (one of the five targets) on the large (main) playing surface was fried. I replaced this coil with a new one. When I repowered the machine there is no change and most of the games functions do not work. Appreciate any advice.

"A quick look at the fuses seemed to show them all intact". An oldie but a goodie.

Time to grab a meter and pull them and check them.

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-fuses and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.