Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 494 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Linolium
  • Topic is favorited by 154 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

380982855_3452129891769097_5404152547665820139_n (resized).jpg
    39448E4E-2E9E-4542-AF3C-921D32DE6556 (resized).jpeg
    EE139DCE-55D2-441C-BA4C-6F78E0C6EE8D (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    64BD174F-BFE0-418A-962B-304A596571E3 (resized).jpeg
    2AC6A941-90A5-4233-A3D7-37F278299785 (resized).jpeg
    C49AAFB0-319F-48CC-ACEA-7621A96FF8AC (resized).jpeg
    F39689E6-0967-4DC4-81E5-0EB5CE2F5358 (resized).jpeg
    8F65B9BC-1C8F-46A9-A343-5E71FBFF2602 (resized).jpeg
    E9CCD227-4E56-4CDD-ACEA-C56DBD4F1B0B (resized).jpeg
    5565EA4B-312E-4E78-AB4C-0793F761FA03 (resized).jpeg
    3 (resized).JPG
    2 (resized).JPG
    1 (resized).JPG
    81BFF7D1-7551-4FD5-A121-37CF88D3A4BF (resized).jpeg
    Pintastic (resized).png
    There are 494 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
    #151 10 years ago

Will it be possible to swap it with a Nucore type config? For example a machine with an LCD and 1/8" mini plug for the sound already installed?

#152 10 years ago

I expect so, yes.

#153 10 years ago

That's good to know.

2 weeks later
    #154 10 years ago

Any update?

#155 10 years ago

I have been working on this. These are the things that are done to the point of just needing final graphics, sound, and playtest/balancing:
    * 5 of the upper table AR modes (The Graphics blocked out for later embellishment)
    * The 4 ghost modes written (Been done for a while)
    * 2 multiballs partly written (hard to finish writing without running on the actual table)
    * The shop is largely finished with temp art
    * The inventory/progression information screens blocked out with temp art and some icons have been added
    * A bunch of misc elements written (Combos, multipliers, etc)

I ended up spending a couple weeks completely redesigning and refactoring the game's gameplay mode architecture and the underlying AR mode controlling architecture. Now it's much easier to plop in features and modes

Also, it actually took me a bit to nail down how I wanted the primary story modes to play out. I now have what I feel is a good plan that allows for some mode randomization but will still tell a cohesive story.

BUT I'm still stuck with the graphics card issue- the one I ordered in Dec never arrived! So I ordered another one and, according to the tracking, that card should be here today. I'm knocking on wood that it fixes my issue. I'll let everyone one know haps, as they say, either tonight or tomorrow.

-Lin

#156 10 years ago

Good news everybody! You're all going to gaigantica 5 to deliver over-sized pinballs balls!

...And the graphics card fixed the issue I was having~~ Expect a new video within a few days!

#157 10 years ago

Small update- I've been finding lots of little ball/switch/device related bugs here and there with all my new code. As an example: there are times when a drop target needs to be auto-triggered but it isn't always behaving . I also spent the better part of the weekend optimizing and tweaking my driver plug-in to smooth out some issues.
    Anyways, I'm weeding through all these problems now. Once everything is buttoned up I'll make a gameplay video.

#158 10 years ago

hope you are having fun! I am amazed by guys like you that can do this!

#159 10 years ago

Great to hear updates, sorry for the bugs (but hey, there always are bugs at first!). It'd be great to see an updated video soon!

#160 10 years ago

Double post.

#161 10 years ago

Hopefully this will run on a cheapo mini itx or microatx computer with a gpu integrated cpu.... for the minimalistic approach?

#162 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nemesis:

Hopefully this will run on a cheapo mini itx or microatx computer with a gpu integrated cpu.... for the minimalistic approach?

Minimum GPU requirement will be 7800GT, though I plan on shipping with a modern PCIe GPU card, a gig or two of ram, dual or quad core cpu, etc etc... POWER! Gotta prepare for the future ya know!

#163 10 years ago

will there be an option to "build your own" computer? i have a 7800GT card laying around right now and a couple of core 2 duo processors

#164 10 years ago

Linolium,
    Would you have any use for one of these:
    Nvidia GeForce 7950 GX2
    ?

I have two of these in my closet... one probably NIB.
    IF so; PM me off list and we'll discuss.

#165 10 years ago

I'd really like to be on the pre-order list. What is the current process?

#166 10 years ago

I'm sure all of the decent gfx cards are hard to find due to everyone buying and building rigs to mine cryptocurrencly like Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin/etc as they all rely heavily on gfx power.

#167 10 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

POWER! Gotta prepare for the future ya know!

Yeah man....... that's the spirit.
    QSS

#168 10 years ago

awesome updates. I've decided to keep my SWEP1 around and order this kit when available. even have a spare PC to go inside it.
    This might have been covered before, but do you plan on releasing a decal set with the game so the whole thing can become a dedicated game?

Almost more excited for this than predator.

#169 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

This might have been covered before, but do you plan on releasing a decal set with the game so the whole thing can become a dedicated game?

Of Course.

Quoted from KingPinGames:

will there be an option to "build your own" computer? i have a 7800GT card laying around right now and a couple of core 2 duo processors

Right now I'm leaning towards no ONLY because I'd be able to ensure consistent hardware between my dev machines and the retail machines. Also I would be able to more accurately plan game features for future kits. If hardware is too scattered there would be a *greater chance of* incompatibility issues. But, I haven't 100% decided on this yet.
    Also the 7800 is what I'm using right now because my spare PC only supports AGP graphics cards. I will most likely ship with a GeForce GTX 260 or 560 or similar PCIe card.

#170 10 years ago

I love and will support your effort if it comes to fruition! Best of luck.
    Allen

#171 10 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

Of Course.

Right now I'm leaning towards no ONLY because I'd be able to ensure consistent hardware between my dev machines and the retail machines. Also I would be able to more accurately plan game features for future kits. If hardware is too scattered there would be a *greater chance of* incompatibility issues. But, I haven't 100% decided on this yet.
    Also the 7800 is what I'm using right now because my spare PC only supports AGP graphics cards. I will most likely ship with a GeForce GTX 260 or 560 or similar PCIe card.

are you sure intel gma cant run this? really? it runs a LOT of stuff including html5 , quake live, etc.

#173 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nemesis:

are you sure intel gma cant run this? really? it runs a LOT of stuff including html5 , quake live, etc.

It's less so what could run it and more so what the engine will run on. Unity3d would more likely drop support for a mini system like that sooner then typical desktop equipment. I ran into this problem in Dec when Unity3d dropped support for some pixel shader 2.0 cards (the card I was using was one of the dropped devices). It would be devastating if I used a minimalistic setup and the engine drops support for my hardware not long after the game's release.

#174 10 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

It would be devastating if I used a minimalistic setup and the engine drops support for my hardware not long after the game's release.

I don't think it would be a big deal. You can always disable the onboard graphics on those boards and add a new graphics card if necessary.

#175 10 years ago

I need to assume not everyone who buys the kit is computer savvy enough to do that kind of upgrade. Most will be, but many won't. How horrible would it be for someone to get the kit and 3 months later have it rendered unplayable because hardware support is dropped. I rather not go down that road. Eventually, no matter what, the computer system hardware will need to be upgraded... look at the Pin2k computer issues we have now with its 15 year old hardware. As far as I'm concerned, the computer system that ships with the kit needs to last at least 3-5 years before upgrades are required. At which point I'll offer some kind of system-swap/upgrade support.

Anyways, those are my thoughts on the matter as of now.

PS. I know I'm blowing this issue out of proportion a bit, but I rather be safe then sorry.

#176 10 years ago

Heres a new gameplay video. Please pay no attention to my horrible bricking, flailing, and overall failure to actually make shots

I will post a few more videos tomorrow detailing specific features currently in the game.

#177 10 years ago

Thanks for the update! I like the sound/music. Fits well.
    And I like the second game, more focussed on the upper playfield.

#178 10 years ago

There was a lot of potential with P2k, glad there's a couple people bringing it back.

For someone who doesn't know the inner workings of P2k, I assume the detection of the ball hitting a virtual object on the screen is through switches in the playfield (either physical ones or optos)?

#179 10 years ago

Thanks for the update Linolium, looks very nice.

#180 10 years ago

Very impressive work! Great talent.

Wonderfull to see p2k is still alive. Got rfm and episode 1, really hope this project will start another line of playfields!

Greetings from the netherlands,

Bas

#181 10 years ago

Very impressive.

#182 10 years ago

Coming along great.

#183 10 years ago

We keeping this under $3000? I really gotta get this...

#184 10 years ago

Nice to see somebody actually working with the pin2000 to make a game that is actually wanted with a good theme.

#185 10 years ago

Have only just heard about this (It takes forever for things to filter their way through to the uk!!). Looking good, and i for one would be rather interested when it becomes available

2 weeks later
    #186 10 years ago

Small progress update: I've finished all modifications and tweaks to the playfield design. I've made many little changes that I feel are all for the better. I'm going to cut a new white wood this month which will be representative of the final production layout.

-Lin

#187 10 years ago

All right Lin!!!! Keep up the good work, we're all watching your progress and we're pretty amazed and happy with what your doing.

Thanks.

QSS

#188 10 years ago

Happy day after Valentines Day!
    In this video I primarily discuss the hurryup modes. I also mention a few other changes as well- Specifically the new plunger lane and skill shot.

#189 10 years ago

Very impressed by your progress.. This looks to be coming together nicely!

#190 10 years ago

Its coming along really well. Love the ghost noises and damn that music is really growing on me. The modes look fun and updates every few weeks keeps interest levels up. Thanks for the updates.

#191 10 years ago

I cant believe how much work you put into this and how far along you went. I'm highly impressed! I cant wait to see the next video.

#192 10 years ago

Nice work. Can I suggest that you edit out your missed shots? If you're trying to demonstrate a mode or anything only show video once you start the mode or complete it. You'll lose some people's interest with the flailing.

#193 10 years ago

This look great...Amazed at the action of the magnets. Keep up the awesome work on this.

#194 10 years ago

Very nice work. Its very impressive to see this coming together.
    A suggestion on plunge to upper playfield for easier....
    Maybe an option in software to make it easy, fully playable (like current) or difficult, meaning 1 flip for skill shot, then upper playfield flipper becomes disabled.

#195 10 years ago

Thanks all for the kind comments! I play competitively myself in local leagues and such, so I'm doing what I can to try and bring many playing options and lots of risk/reward opportunities. It's a difficult balance to make the game both walk-up friendly as well as competitor friendly.

Quoted from boogies:

A suggestion on plunge to upper playfield for easier....
    Maybe an option in software to make it easy, fully playable (like current) or difficult, meaning 1 flip for skill shot, then upper playfield flipper becomes disabled.

I'm not really a fan of this idea. I see where you coming from, but 1) All the "cool" stuff happens up there and 2) The modes on the upper table are the story modes that bring you to the final wizard mode. It seems a bit counter effective to add a feature to effectively forces the story elements to be disabled for a few seconds. I feel that there are other ways that the game's difficulty can be tweaked in a more natural way.

#196 10 years ago

maybe you should have a bonus if you make the previous Hurry up. Say if you actually get the hurry up for Run. Make Hurry worth 3 million to start instead of 2. And if you make both Run and Hurry, then the next one start 2 million higher.

That way you have a stacking bonus and benefit if you make it or not. Risk/reward factor.

#197 10 years ago

Hmm I'll ponder over that idea a bit...

#198 10 years ago

Nice to see the ball going 'up' from plunging the ball and nice idea with the hurry-up multiplier.
    The magnets do their work very nicely. When are the on (pulsing) or not? Or is that not programmed yet?
    Thanks for the updates: keep them coming please .

#199 10 years ago
    Quoted from sven:

When are the on (pulsing) or not? Or is that not programmed yet?

They've been programmed for a couple months now . Next video I'll talk about them.

#200 10 years ago

Here's a 2 part video set that talks about a whole bunch of various modes and features. Magnets, multiballs, artifacts, end of ball bonus, etc.. As always, please don't mind my horrible playing

There are 494 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-cruise-new-pinball2000-kit/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.