(Topic ID: 85851)

Haunted Ball in Dracula makes me scream!

By Jared

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-222.jpg
#1 10 years ago

So tonight at TPF I am playing a BSD for the first time. It's a beautiful example, modded out with some outstanding lighting and a massive external sub. I have no idea about te games features.

At one point in the game the machine SCREAMMMMSSS at me in terror as a ball in the middle of the play field starts zig zagging like a drunk sideways towards the edge of the play field.

For a moment, reality escapes me. I forget what I am playing... Where I am at... And what I know about magnets...

I thought the game was possessed. The combination of shock from not knowing such a feature existed, the noise, the creepiness factor and me being a little drunk caused me to JUMP UP in the air and scream HOLY SHIT!!! The man from the Pingame Journal was next to me and was looking at me like "what's this dude smoking?".

lol.

Pinball is amazing. And scary sometimes.

image-222.jpgimage-222.jpg

#2 10 years ago

lol reminds me of the T-rex scene in Tomb Raider II. I was playing it at about 2 am and it got me. I had to pause the game for a few minutes.

#3 10 years ago

best game ever!

#4 10 years ago

The atmosphere of this game is really something else. Awesome creepy sound package as well. I'm a huge fan of the LED mod for "LOVE NEVER DIES" written under the DMD. You have a BSD you must do it~

#5 10 years ago

That's funny. My kids mock me sometimes when I'm playing my pins I get so vocal. I completely freaked out the first time I destroyed the ring on LOTR. I thought the machine broke! I had no idea what was going on.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

That's funny. My kids mock me sometimes when I'm playing my pins I get so vocal. I completely freaked out the first time I destroyed the ring on LOTR. I thought the machine broke! I had no idea what was going on.

Just don't ever complete the Stiff-o-Meter on SS. If you do, an EM pulse will issue from the game, and all Bally/Williams 90s games in a 500 mile radius will be temporarily severely confused as a result of your wanton disregard for the consequences of your actions. Please, won't you think of the children??

#7 10 years ago

Next time, don't play BSD with large speakers. Hearing WINDSSSSSS at normal speaker volume is enough.

Also... if that scares you, I suggest you don't try for the Vacation Jackpot in WH2O. Or defeating Khan in The Shadow. Or defeating the Ringmaster in Cirqus Voltaire.

#8 10 years ago

Funny. BSD is a unique bird. Struggling with the thought of selling mine. Just too much bang for the buck.

#9 10 years ago

lol.

I'm not actually scared...

But I was scared. Ya know?

#10 10 years ago

Seeing the ball moving across the playfield like that is damn cool if you aren't expecting it. About the only thing I can think of that compares to the uniqueness of this is what happens on Tommy at the beginning of "Tommy Scoring". I won't spoil it for those who don't know what I'm talking about.

#11 10 years ago

Love it!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-ball-in-dracula-makes-me-scream and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.