6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by WeirPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fit.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    photo.JPG
    2012-12-09_21-52-29_235.jpg
    image.jpg
    $T2eC16JHJF0E9nmFQh!vBQGdCuURN!~~60_35.jpg

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

Rented a Nissan Rogue and won't fit one unless head is off... 2000-2007 Focus Wagon fits. 2012+ Focus hatch will not.

#52 6 years ago

I was going to start a similar thread. Anyone do one in a Mazda 3?

#53 6 years ago

you can always just get a trailer hitch and rent a small trailer

#54 6 years ago

My car of choice is an early 2000's Ford Focus station wagon. Good on fuel, Superpins fit in without any trouble, still plenty of room to slid my Harbor Freight lift table in next to it that I used to load.

Always nice to have a car that is low to the ground and enclosed. I have an F150 with an 8' bed, but you need to lift the pin that much higher, if you don't have a cap the pins will get dirty or you need to wrap the them like crazy for transport. The gas mileage is half of the Focus. But I could probably fit 6 pins in it if I stood them upright in the F150, but I am never hauling that many. So I try to use the Focus if at all possible.

#55 6 years ago

I have a Chevy Aveo hatchback and have hauled tons of guitar gear and cabs as well as cocktail arcade cabinets. It has a ton of rear cabin space and the seats fold down or fold down and then up again. I swear that a Fit is probably a bit longer than the Aveo..... However.... Any similar sized hatchback to a Fit could be possible to hold one.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Nope, won't work. The backbox won't clear the top of the lift gate opening. You can only get a pin in about 3/4 of the way, the backbox wedges against the gate opening, then you have to tie down the lift gate. How do I know? I did it once, never again.

I'm with you on that one. I have heard from a previous owner that a pin wouldn't fit in a HHR, but as someone else mentioned. A pin will fit fine in a PT Cruiser.

#57 6 years ago

The same guy designed them both, but I guess he never thought some yahoo would try and stuff a pinball into an HHR (and just got lucky on the Cruiser).

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

Our Chrysler Town & Country does really good. 27-30mpg & very comfy & I think I could get two in it sided by side. Never tried, but I think 2 will fit. Anyone know for sure?

Three will fit. Two with fold down heads from the rear. One put in head head first the other front first. The heads will overlap the playfields. The third will fit from the sliding door, with head removed.

To make it easier, I fold the seats down and put a 4 X 8 X 1/2" plywood on the floor.

Greg

#59 6 years ago

And the winner is!

image.jpg

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

Chevy HHR-Never tried but with the seats folded down it would fit.32MPG

I used to have an HHR LT & I fit 2 pins inside it 3 times!! I drove up to Cape Cod & brought back a Gottlieb Pink Panther & an Allied Liesure Hearts & Spades cocktail back. I brought Gottlieb Amazing Spider-man & Williams Cosmic Gunfight to Allentown a couple of years ago & I brought home an Alien Star & Solar Fire from Allentown last year. It took awhile to get the last 2 to fit as the head on AS folded down but I did it. You have to have good Tetris skills to make it work!! I also brought home a Gottlieb Super Mario Bros by doing the hinge trick & sliding the head down to the lower part of the cabinet. I only mention this machine as it's one of the tallest cabinet games. All that being said I averaged about 28 MPG with that car, if it had not been for an accident I'd still have it, I loved that car!

I should also mention that the front passenger seat folds down flat as well, I slid CG body all the way up to the dash, turned SM body on it's side & slid that behind the drivers seat, slid the SM head behind the CG body & then put the CG head behind everything, it just fit!

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

I used to haul them in a PT Cruiser.

That's how I haul 'em!

#63 6 years ago

Anyone fit a pin into a VW Tiguan?

#64 6 years ago

What about a Fiat 500? They look too small, but then again, so does the fit

#65 6 years ago

Yaris 2 door hatchback... too small without taking head off even for Mushroom World

2nd gen Honda Pilot... sadly only fits 1 pin.. can also fit a full size standard arcade cab though

#66 6 years ago

Honda Fit here:

fit.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 26.95
    $ 64.00
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.50
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Led
    3D MODS
    $ 999.00
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 249.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 339.00
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 159.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 249.00
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 85.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 49.00
    $ 27.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside