Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mtn. dew in truck #3 (resized).jpg
    0520181452 (1) (resized).jpg
    Super DUty (resized).JPG
    Trailer (1) (resized).JPG
    SANY2841 (resized).JPG
    SANY1924 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    38120510-5DF8-48D1-9E4A-2E5FD1D1C23D (resized).jpeg
    20180120_122734 (resized).jpg
    20180120_173526 (resized).jpg
    30261154_10156227746228529_6998126799074885632_n (resized).jpg
    29683429_10156220646228529_1975700598430892032_n (resized).jpg
    6930B18A-F75A-4545-BDE0-451CCFCD8A2B (resized).jpeg
    4CD58AF0-8802-4C9F-A251-166CFADE595D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0282 (resized).JPG
    IMG_201803132109430 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueirocguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago

How often are you going to haul rocks or appliances in your truck? You said you have a trailer so I'd put the big bulky stuff in there. I've got a topper on my truck that I take off once a year when we go to Oshkosh and need to haul bikes, generators, gas cans, etc....
    The rest of the year the topper stays on and it's great. Getting the topper off is no big deal, 4 clamps, one plug and then with the help of my kids or the friendly neighbors and a beer or two, it's done in 15 minutes...
    I had a tonneau cover for a couple of years, looked cool, but if you hauled anything higher than the sides of the box, you had to roll it up and everything was exposed to the elements again. That and the Velcro seals on the sides started to wear out and the top would get loose, flapping in the wind. Totally lame! No regrets with the topper, you can hold a lot of stuff in there when going on vacations, trips to the see the family over Christmas, etc...
    I've got trailers to haul the rocks, messy items, furniture and the like. If weather is an issue that might effect what I'm hauling, well then, I wait it out if wrapping won't do or haul the item at a later time....

#11 6 years ago

If we are going on a longer trip and we're only planning on hauling one pin, I'll take the wife's Honda Odyssey. Better gas mileage and the floor of the van is closer to the ground than the truck bed!

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

It's nice to have the full size pickup. You can close the tailgate when hauling one pin without standing it on end. If the game is in nice shape or if I'm going a distance I put packing blankets and a tarp over it.

Yes, if you can afford it, I would definitely be looking at a full size truck.
    You need something big to get through all that snow in Duluth and 4 wheel drive to be able to make it up the hill to the mall!

The ability to haul 2 or more pins at short notice is a nice option.

Trucks are kind of like tv's in that no one really complains if they got the model that was "Too Big"! (other than the spouse!)

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

Timing is key when buying. I'm not rich either. I bought my 2011 in January 2012. They took about 12k off of the msrp and gave me a bed liner, steps, and rail protectors.

Lol, me as well! A person isn't getting rich when you're busy spending your own money! I shopped the whole state looking for my truck before finding the model, color and deal I wanted. Also bought just as the next years models were coming out in the summer of 2012.

Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Since we're on the topic of trucks, I bought an F-150 in December and want to put in a bed liner. I want to get the spray-in rubber type liner and was wondering what brand to use. I've read good things about Line-X, does anybody have any experience with them or any other brand?

I looked at products like that but in the end decided the cost of having it put in and then the resale value when it was time to sell wasn't there. I ended up buying the black heavy duty rubber F150 mat from the dealership for like $130. Nice 'n grippy, keeps dings from happening to the floor, pull it out a few times a year to wash out the truck box, no problems... money well spent!

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

To put my question into context.

Looking at a colorado ZR2 duramax diesel. The cargo length of the bed is 61.70" and i think a pin is under 60. So it should just barely fit length wise.

Not sure what your future family plans are, but if you going to have more kids, pets, going on trips, I'd strongly suggest you check out all the full size pickup models out there. For the eye opening prices new vehicles command these days there doesn't seem to be as big a split in the prices from small/medium to full-size. Usually for not much more in price you can basically get a vehicle that is 50% larger in size. Plus you have more room in the box as well, no issues with something that 'barely fits'....

1 month later
    #80 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I'm looking at trading my suv in for a truck. With some changes in life and house projects, a pickup with be handy. I have a trailer but it is not Covered

Op, did you ever buy a truck or are you still looking?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueirocguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hauling-games-in-pickup-truck?tu=blueirocguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.