Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mtn. dew in truck #3 (resized).jpg
    0520181452 (1) (resized).jpg
    Super DUty (resized).JPG
    Trailer (1) (resized).JPG
    SANY2841 (resized).JPG
    SANY1924 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    38120510-5DF8-48D1-9E4A-2E5FD1D1C23D (resized).jpeg
    20180120_122734 (resized).jpg
    20180120_173526 (resized).jpg
    30261154_10156227746228529_6998126799074885632_n (resized).jpg
    29683429_10156220646228529_1975700598430892032_n (resized).jpg
    6930B18A-F75A-4545-BDE0-451CCFCD8A2B (resized).jpeg
    4CD58AF0-8802-4C9F-A251-166CFADE595D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0282 (resized).JPG
    IMG_201803132109430 (resized).JPG
    There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Not sure what your future family plans are, but if you going to have more kids, pets, going on trips, I'd strongly suggest you check out all the full size pickup models out there. For the eye opening prices new vehicles command these days there doesn't seem to be as big a split in the prices from small/medium to full-size. Usually for not much more in price you can basically get a vehicle that is 50% larger in size. Plus you have more room in the box as well, no issues with something that 'barely fits'....

Full size is just so freaking big. 90-99% of what I do is driving to work, loading a few small things. The times I would need the full size is once maybe twice a year? Parking is a pita. I had a raptor for a bit and, uffda...hated driving that in Chicago. See and now I just talked myself out of a truck all together

I mean, worst case I keep my Jeep, maybe get fox suspension lift so I don't have to bounce around everywhere...

#52 6 years ago

I do my best to not put anything in my truck bed, now that I have a trailer! Wells Cargo 6x12 RF, ideal for almost anything. I use it for picking up my toys, like pins, arcades, tire balancer etc... doubles as a water proof storage too.

T9 (resized).JPGT9 (resized).JPG
    T8 (resized).JPGT8 (resized).JPG
    T1 (resized).JPGT1 (resized).JPG
    T4 (resized).JPGT4 (resized).JPG
    T6 (resized).JPGT6 (resized).JPG
    T7 (resized).JPGT7 (resized).JPG
    T11 (resized).JPGT11 (resized).JPG
    T12 (resized).JPGT12 (resized).JPG

#53 6 years ago

A 6x12 ramp door enclosed trailer is the "near perfect" trailer for most people and as long as you have room to park one and the ability to tow a trailer it is hands down the best way to move pinball machines. Rarely am I without at least one enclosed trailer and typically I have two or more around. If you are towing with a full size truck nothing beats a 7x16 "v" nose with tandem axles they tow better and ride nicer than a single axle trailer. But if you are towing with a mid size vehicle or don't really move all that much bigger stuff (or bigger loads) a 6x12 is the way to go.

Normally I pay the extra and get a heavy duty 6x12 with 2x4 box tubing frame. These days most companies are building 6x12 with a 2x3 frame and that just isn't really heavy duty enough to be truly safe. Up until around 2005 only "junk" brands used a 2x3 frame but now most trailer companies have changed over to the 2x3 frame unless you get a heavy duty trailer or order one and specify 2x4" frame.

7x16 trailers are the same way - they now use a 2x4" frame but should really be built on a 2x6" frame. Be careful when buying a trailer and be sure you are buying something that is built correctly. Cheap isn't always cheaper - saving a couple hundred when you are buying then bending a frame will not save you any money in the end!

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

A 6x12 ramp door enclosed trailer is the "near perfect" trailer for most people and as long as you have room to park one and the ability to tow a trailer it is hands down the best way to move pinball machines. Rarely am I without at least one enclosed trailer and typically I have two or more around. If you are towing with a full size truck nothing beats a 7x16 "v" nose with tandem axles they tow better and ride nicer than a single axle trailer. But if you are towing with a mid size vehicle or don't really move all that much bigger stuff (or bigger loads) a 6x12 is the way to go.
    Normally I pay the extra and get a heavy duty 6x12 with 2x4 box tubing frame. These days most companies are building 6x12 with a 2x3 frame and that just isn't really heavy duty enough to be truly safe. Up until around 2005 only "junk" brands used a 2x3 frame but now most trailer companies have changed over to the 2x3 frame unless you get a heavy duty trailer or order one and specify 2x4" frame.
    7x16 trailers are the same way - they now use a 2x4" frame but should really be built on a 2x6" frame. Be careful when buying a trailer and be sure you are buying something that is built correctly. Cheap isn't always cheaper - saving a couple hundred when you are buying then bending a frame will not save you any money in the end!

I mostly agree, here in TX I have to stay under a certain gross weight registered trailer to not have a yearly "safety trailer" inspection (just one less thing to worry about), anything with tandem axles is well over the gross weight. My boat that has 2 axles & brakes, yes it tows better less tracking and much eaiser to back up if its longer I would have preferred a 7x14 single axle, just hard to find would have to have ordered it, picked this one up used for loads less and only 6 months old. Mine is a 2016 RF not sure on the frame, RF is 2nd place out of 4 models, also has torflex torsion suspension love that sits lower too. its not made to haul heavy stuff. It clearly has more payload than my truck bed.

#55 6 years ago

I wonder how many pins I could fit in here....28’ long, 6+ extra inches of headroom, 10k load rating.

And yes, I do pull it with an F150.

But if I was only going to haul one pin in the back of my truck, I’d probably just take along a roll of shrink wrap and just wrap it up real good. Once your moving, unless you drive into a downpour, not much would hit it anyway. Just unwrap it as soon as you get home.

55FF870A-18E0-497D-AD20-4CDDC9296AAB (resized).jpeg55FF870A-18E0-497D-AD20-4CDDC9296AAB (resized).jpeg

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from Niterider:

I wonder how many pins I could fit in here....28’ long, 6+ extra inches of headroom, 10k load rating.
    And yes, I do pull it with an F150.
    But if I was only going to haul one pin in the back of my truck, I’d probably just take along a roll of shrink wrap and just wrap it up real good. Once your moving, unless you drive into a downpour, not much would hit it anyway. Just unwrap it as soon as you get home.

I actually towed bigger with my one ton van but to answer your question about "how many" 33 fold down head machines or close to 40 removable head machines will fit in your 8x28 if you don't mind stacking heads two high on removable head machines. I could get 39 fold down heads in my 32' but it wasn't practical to tow something that big for as often as you need that much space. The worst thing about getting over 7' wide is what it does to your fuel mileage. That is why I prefer 6x12 or 7 x16 trailers over bigger trailers (or especially wider or taller trailers).

I love the space inside big trailers but I hate the fuel mileage unless you are towing with something like my Renegade Class 8 motorhome I sold a couple years ago. The cool thing with that was 10MPG at 67' long overall with my trailer and no CDL required so no log book or limit on number of hours driven. The bad thing was parking space unless you went somewhere with a big lot. Wasn't the rig to go to someones house with to pick up a couple machines at over 12'6" feet tall and 8'6" wide not including the mirrors. The first time I drove through a toll booth I about shit myself!

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

When I had my pickup I had an F-250 4x4 with more invested in customization then I paid for the truck new. I was "young & dumb" and had a lot of fun with it back in the day. But it was far from a practical vehicle to haul a pinball machine in. Fast forward 10 or 12 years and I bought my first van and realized that was the way to go and have never looked back. If you want a "toy" to "show off" and have some fun with a pickup is a great vehicle if you don't mind getting "hosed" paying what they cost these days. But if you want the best work vehicle for your money a 2500 or 3500 Chevy Van wins hands down. You can still tow about 8000 pounds & I have had 5000 pounds in my last one with no issues. In fact one trip I made I had over 5000 pounds in the van and was towing an exclosed trailer with over 10000 pounds in it and the Chevy handled it all with no issues.
    The things that make van better than a pickup with a cap (which is actually just a dumb way to get something close to a van):
    1st) Lower deck height (for much easier loading). For me to load a pin is no issue doing it alone. Just handtruck to pin to about 2' from back bumper - take handtruck from under pin - lean pin into back of the truck & slide it right it. Try doing that with any pickup!
    2nd) I can haul 4 fold down head pins or 6 removable head pins (with a little creative stacking) in out of the weather.
    3rd) I can open a side door and reach in and grab anything I need without having to climb into the back of a pickup with a cap on it
    4th) If on a road trip I can climb in the back and go to sleep without ever having to get out of the vehicle and better yet I can warm it up or cool it down back there so I can sleep in pretty much any weather with no issues.
    5th) And likely the best thing about buying new vans I can buy one for about 40% less than a new pickup and it has just as much load & towing capacity with the same engine & trans as the pickup for way less money.
    Pickup truck lovers will never understand all of this but that is OK in my book because the more popular pickup trucks stay and the less popular vans are the longer I can keep buying them cheap. Like the salesman was saying the other day "vans are loss leaders" and no one makes any money on them. "The reason a company keep making and selling them is to be sure their customers don't go somewhere else to buy a van and then start buying all there vehicles at that dealer".
    Next time you see a NEW 3/4 ton pickup for under $26,000 let me know! And when I pass you in my van with my stuff staying dry in the rain or snow I'll keep laughing at you.
    As far as the off-roading end of things -- a street legal pickup is about worthless anyway. If you what to have some serious fun off-roading why not build a truck for that and tow it with your new van to where you want to do your off-roading. Doing it that way you can be driving a practical vehicle and keep your tools & gear locked up while having fun off-roading. And you could likely build a hell of an off-roading truck with the $20,000 spread between the cost of a new pickup and a new van!
    Agree or disagree - I really don't care. This coming week I'll be making a 5000 mile round trip to pick up another 11 machines & load of parts I bought. I'll be traveling in my new van with my enclosed trailer not worrying about where I am sleeping or the weather. Once loaded I have no choice but a motel but the trip out I'll save enough for fuel by sleeping in the van.

Okay. You laugh at us. We'll laugh at you.

54db916c8d77134d68d3bab4_saturday-night-live-anniversary-ss07 (resized).png54db916c8d77134d68d3bab4_saturday-night-live-anniversary-ss07 (resized).png

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from camcamaro1991:

I do my best to not put anything in my truck bed, now that I have a trailer! Wells Cargo 6x12 RF, ideal for almost anything. I use it for picking up my toys, like pins, arcades, tire balancer etc... doubles as a water proof storage too.

When it's only one or two pins, do you generally walk them in with legs on and transport them with the legs on, or always with the legs off?

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Which one!? What length bed?
    Do you think the pin would fit with the bed extender to hold it in?

I picked up the 4 cylinder turbo diesel. It has the 6 ft bed and I was able to put two pins flat in the back with the tailgate down. I might look into that bed extender bracket though, good idea...

#60 6 years ago

We use this trailer to move computer equipment to conventions a few times during the year. It fits well over 100 monitors and gaming PC’s, “Racing chairs” (PS4’s networked and using Logitech controls) and other assorted hardware needed. (Networking, displays, etc)

This is about as much as I would want to tow with my F150. It handles it fine, but when running 70+ MPH of the freeways and you pass a semi.... you can feel it. If I was to pull this thing more often, I’d definitely step up to at least a diesel 3/4 ton.

I get about 11-12mpg when pulling this with my F150. That little 3.5L Ecoboost will holds its own quite well.

This was when I was loading up earlier this past year at the end of Gencon in Indy.

img_2604 (resized).jpgimg_2604 (resized).jpg

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

When it's only one or two pins, do you generally walk them in with legs on and transport them with the legs on, or always with the legs off?

Today legs off just like NIB, safer I think. First time I moved my Harley was with the legs on no issues but did not have my trailer then.

#62 6 years ago

NEVER with legs on for me. That is just asking for trouble in my eyes. If you do feel to ever move a machine legs on at least fold the head down!

#63 6 years ago

As others have said - pickup is nice BUT ... getting the PB out of the bed can be a chore, risky to both the pinball and you, especially if doing it alone.

If you have a place to store it, a small trailer with a fold down gate makes it super easy. I have hauled in the bed and in the trailer and the trailer is 10x easier

IMG_201803132109430 (resized).JPGIMG_201803132109430 (resized).JPG

IMG_0282 (resized).JPGIMG_0282 (resized).JPG

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

As others have said - pickup is nice BUT ... getting the PB out of the bed can be a chore, risky to both the pinball and you, especially if doing it alone.
    If you have a place to store it, a small trailer with a fold down gate makes it super easy. I have hauled in the bed and in the trailer and the trailer is 10x easier

Yup super easy with a trailer and ramp. Looks good, I am looking at an open utility trailer now too! dang you guys makes me want to spend more money.

looking at this, I really like the dual folding rear ramp.
    http://northtexastrailers.com/product/2018-maxxd-s3x7712-utility-trailer-stk-mx52294/#&gid=1&pid=1

#65 6 years ago

Just a thought with more homes in a HOA you might want to check the rules. After all what good is it to buy a trailer if you are going to get in trouble with no place to park it?

Vans I can do without. I tried one and did not like it. I'll go with a truck, thank you.

#66 6 years ago

I have a hard tonneau cover that rolls up like a garage door that supports 400lbs on top of it. BAK revolver. It’s like having a trunk in your truck but opens up to whatever width to accommodate large loads.

4CD58AF0-8802-4C9F-A251-166CFADE595D (resized).jpeg4CD58AF0-8802-4C9F-A251-166CFADE595D (resized).jpeg

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

I have a hard tonneau cover that rolls up like a garage door that supports 400lbs on top of it. BAK revolver. It’s like having a trunk in your truck but opens up to whatever width to accommodate large loads.

Mind as well put the game on top

Awesome!

#68 6 years ago

I had this style of rolling bed covers before on a previous truck that I owned. It had a latch at the back that you could lock basically turning the entire truck bed into one huge trunk as you had to open the cover to be able to open the tailgate.

The cover would roll up on a drum located just behind the cab. Everything was contained below the bedsides.

I’m tempted to put another one of these on my current truck. It did come in handy at times.

6930B18A-F75A-4545-BDE0-451CCFCD8A2B (resized).jpeg6930B18A-F75A-4545-BDE0-451CCFCD8A2B (resized).jpeg

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from Niterider:

I had this style of rolling bed covers before on a previous truck that I owned. It had a latch at the back that you could lock basically turning the entire truck bed into one huge trunk as you had to open the cover to be able to open the tailgate.
    The cover would roll up on a drum located just behind the cab. Everything was contained below the bedsides.
    I’m tempted to put another one of these on my current truck. It did come in handy at times.

That looks nice. If I was to put anything on my truck it would be something like that.

2 weeks later
    #70 6 years ago
    Quoted from Niterider:

Thats a Roll-N-Lock cover. I have one on my 2013 F150 crew cab, making it the perfect EM pin hauler. I say EM because with the head removed, the F150's bed is deep enough to fit even late 70's Gottlieb cabinets with the cover rolled closed (you'll have to remove the "neck" from the cabinet, which is the small rectangular piece the head sits on). The older 60's wedge head EM cabinets fit easily, with the head units riding inside the cab.

The Roll-N-Lock covers are well built and completely water tight. I take mine through the car wash and there won't hardly be a drop inside. The cover can be latched/locked in several positions. Works very very well for hauling a couple EM's.

2 weeks later
    #71 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverWings:

Thats a Roll-N-Lock cover. I have one on my 2013 F150 crew cab, making it the perfect EM pin hauler. I say EM because with the head removed, the F150's bed is deep enough to fit even late 70's Gottlieb cabinets with the cover rolled closed (you'll have to remove the "neck" from the cabinet, which is the small rectangular piece the head sits on). The older 60's wedge head EM cabinets fit easily, with the head units riding inside the cab.
    The Roll-N-Lock covers are well built and completely water tight. I take mine through the car wash and there won't hardly be a drop inside. The cover can be latched/locked in several positions. Works very very well for hauling a couple EM's.

Yep, Roll-N-Lock. That’s what I had. Watertight, yes, but if I get another one I’m putting some seals on the tailgate to help keep the dust out from country roads.

Other than a little dust getting in the bed, I had zero complaints.

#72 6 years ago

Been looking for a truck and thought about a Tacoma. Several off lease ones in but no cruise control. I have to have that as my leg would seize up after awhile.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Been looking for a truck and thought about a Tacoma. Several off lease ones in but no cruise control. I have to have that as my leg would seize up after awhile.

I miss my 2007 Tacoma. (got a 2015 Colorado now... tailgate lowered height way higher on Colorado).
    Note that the space between the wheel wells on the smaller pickups is only wide enough for 1 head-folded, and one older laying on its side (so it's wedged). You cannot fit two modern pins side-by-side.
    Obviously standing on their backs, you can fit more.

I've got a "SoftTopper" that let me carry my new Star Wars Prem, and old Bally Eight Ball home from MGC this last weekend, without worrying about the weather.

#74 6 years ago

The problem with the tonneau covers or the bed for that matter, is they're not deep enough for your typical pin to cover them. I have an 03' Yukon XL for bad weather which just keeps everything safe and dry, easy in and out with a half pool cue stick, and the 14' silverado for sunny days which would fit about 3 pins if need be.
    Nothing beats a good truck bed, they just make life easier. I've had so many people pick up pins in goofy mini vans and weird suv's, where the game slides down and in on an angle, what a pita.

When I had an Avalanche, I sometimes strapped a game to the tailgate...now that's trust.

29683429_10156220646228529_1975700598430892032_n (resized).jpg29683429_10156220646228529_1975700598430892032_n (resized).jpg

30261154_10156227746228529_6998126799074885632_n (resized).jpg30261154_10156227746228529_6998126799074885632_n (resized).jpg

#75 6 years ago

Toyota Tundras you could get the 8ft bed but it was only offered by the salesman I talked to in the V6, go figure? Not many 8ft beds are sold I was told and you almost have to order them that way as the place I go to doesn't keep them on the lot normally.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

You can always add CC

http://www.thecruisecontrolstore.com/250-1836-toyota-tacoma-complete-cruise-control-kit-2005-2018/

#77 6 years ago

You can fit 3 pins in a 6' Tacoma bed if you use the notches for some 2x6's over the wheel wells.

20180120_173526 (resized).jpg20180120_173526 (resized).jpg

20180120_122734 (resized).jpg20180120_122734 (resized).jpg

#78 6 years ago

What would be the best way to strap down a bubble hockey? I wouldn't want to crack the top.

#79 6 years ago

I just went through this transporting a game to MGC in the back of my F-150. It's about a two hour drive. It rained all the way there and snowed/rained on the way back. What I did was:

Shrink wrap entire game.
    Put on top of a tarp and a couple of 2x4s to keep it off of the bed in case the bed takes on rain water.
    Pull the tarp up on the sides and bungee it to secure it.
    Put a tarp (the thicker the better) on top, secure tight with ratcheting straps around the game.
    Then I put a couple more ratcheting straps across the corners of the truck bed over the game for good measure.

Now, this is a pain in the ass, but I didn't have any issues with water.
    In the past, I've also removed the head, but removing and reattaching the head twice for a show is also a pain in the ass.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I'm looking at trading my suv in for a truck. With some changes in life and house projects, a pickup with be handy. I have a trailer but it is not Covered

Op, did you ever buy a truck or are you still looking?

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Op, did you ever buy a truck or are you still looking?

I had a Colorado zr2 diesel picked out but after sleeping on it, I had a hard time letting go of my manual wrangler. I’m a big proponent of manual so I then tried to convince my wife she needs a truck....she said no hahah. So no truck yet, having a trailer (floe cargo max version 1) really helps not needing a truck bed as well

#82 6 years ago

I hauled a pins hanging out the back of wrangler before. Lol...

But I shouldn't give truck advice. I once bought a truck I was on the fence about because it came with a pinball

#83 6 years ago

More details truck and pinball machine in question? and, and was it working?

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

Isn't this pretty unsafe? You're supposed to put the load as far towards the cab as you can. Having heavy items near the tailgate area can cause stability issues at highway speeds, especially something as tall as a NIB game.

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I hauled a pins hanging out the back of wrangler before. Lol...
    But I shouldn't give truck advice. I once bought a truck I was on the fence about because it came with a pinball

NIB fits in a wrangler hahah oh you must have the older one? I have a 4 door so they fit nicely.

#86 6 years ago

Dodge 2014 Ram crew cab longhorn limited with 6.4ft bed.

This is a 3 game pickup (2 standard and 1 widebody).

I can fit four standard games on their back. Two standards side by side on either side of the wheel well. There are four hooks, two hooks on each end of the bed. I usually run a cross pattern low to high from each side (two straps).

Or.. just one widebody sitting down, cart in between

38120510-5DF8-48D1-9E4A-2E5FD1D1C23D (resized).jpeg38120510-5DF8-48D1-9E4A-2E5FD1D1C23D (resized).jpeg

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

NIB fits in a wrangler hahah oh you must have the older one? I have a 4 door so they fit nicely.

Nice! Yeah, I still have my 99 ( sadly doesnt look so new anymore. Lol).

Left gate hinged open. Folded head down, put that end in first, used 2 tie downs around front of cab up to roll bar to hold in. Used 2 more short tie downs around cab and tailgate to keep gate from swinging.

Was a couple hours away in Wisconsin in late fall one time. Came back late at nite....cold trip back in the soft top with tail open!

#88 6 years ago

I've posted this picture several times before, but my rusty '97 Dodge can haul four pins nicely. The patina on the machines sort of matched the truck. . .

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

More details truck and pinball machine in question? and, and was it working?

The truck or the game? Lol.

This was a few years back. Truck was kind of a beater. Mid 90s silverado v8 4wd extended cab. It ran ok, but needed a little overhaul.

Pin was a Game Plan Attila the Hun non working but solid in good shape.

Wasnt much wiggle room on either (talking under 2000 total), but got more wiggle on game than truck and wound up with both for around truck price if I remember.

My girl wasn't too thrilled. We went to look at truck as a cheap vehicle for her to have 4wd in winter for work (instead of mustang) and me to use just for hauling games etc occasionally. I sincerely didnt know guy had a pinball (wasnt even orginally for sale) till he took me in his shop where truck was parked and it was sitting there. LolI

Not best game title, or truck....but was good time.

#90 6 years ago

Ford Ranger with and without trailer. I no longer have the truck but it hauled A LOT of games.

SANY1924 (resized).JPGSANY1924 (resized).JPG

SANY2841 (resized).JPGSANY2841 (resized).JPG

#91 6 years ago

The trailer was a little overloaded. I now use a F250 SD with a lift gate. That pic has 5 pins and 2 vids loaded.

Trailer (1) (resized).JPGTrailer (1) (resized).JPG

Super DUty (resized).JPGSuper DUty (resized).JPG

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

Quoted from Pahuffman:

Isn't this pretty unsafe? You're supposed to put the load as far towards the cab as you can. Having heavy items near the tailgate area can cause stability issues at highway speeds, especially something as tall as a NIB game.

No, it's not unsafe. A pinball machine isn't a significant load for any pickup truck and will not affect the stability in any relevant way even if standing up. Obviously you don't want it blowing out. The Z71 is in the neighborhood of 5000 lbs. Adding 400 lbs to the back of the bed might change your front/rear ratio from 3000/2000 (60/40) to 2950/2450 (55/45). Barely noticeable and far from unsafe.

It would be much less safe loaded like that on a 500 lb trailer. Changes the weight balance way more. But pulling it with the same truck would still probably be fine under most conditions because the tow vehicle weighs so much more the trailer isn't likely to cause instability.

2 months later
    #93 5 years ago

Anyone have any idea if a 2014 Toyota Tacoma Shortbed (5ft) can fit 2 wide body and 1 standard pin in the bed? Any ideas for arrangement to make it work? Have 6 ratchet straps, stretch wrap, and cardboard ready to go. Need answers ASAP as I am picking them up tomorrow. Will get at least 2 of the pins, but hoping to make all 3 fit and not have to take the heads off. Will be 300 mile haul back home.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from apscarpelli:

Anyone have any idea if a 2014 Toyota Tacoma Shortbed (5ft) can fit 2 wide body and 1 standard pin in the bed? Any ideas for arrangement to make it work? Have 6 ratchet straps, stretch wrap, and cardboard ready to go. Need answers ASAP as I am picking them up tomorrow. Will get at least 2 of the pins, but hoping to make all 3 fit and not have to take the heads off. Will be 300 mile haul back home.

Not sure, but I'd bet you'd be fine, get more straps though. I've done 7 in an 8 foot bed. So three in a 5 foot sounds fine.

Though uhaul trailers are cheap.

#95 5 years ago

So I just box the games the shrink wrap them extra heavy the. Add packing tape to help give the shrink wrap some support. I can take some pictures when I get loaded up tomorrow

JJ

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from apscarpelli:

I've done three machines in a 5-foot nissan bed with the tailgate down. Two were upright, strapped to each other and the truck. Be sure to include a good strap to the cab on both The upper third and lower third of the upright machines or they can tip over. The third game was flat and partially on the tailgate, again well strapped to the truck. Get more ratchet straps. Good luck and safe travels.

#97 5 years ago

My last pinball haul. Twenty two in the trailer six in the back of the truck.

0520181452 (1) (resized).jpg0520181452 (1) (resized).jpg
    1 year later
    #98 4 years ago

So I have a ram 1500 now, and I've hauled a game. Not a big fan of having it in the elements of the bed. Do you guys strap it down in the bed?

Has anyone hauled a pin in a jeep gladiator (new one)?

#99 4 years ago

I've hauled more games and "things" then you can shake a stick at. This one fit perfectly and I couldn't even tell it was in the back during the 500 mile ride trip coming home.

John

mtn. dew in truck #3 (resized).jpgmtn. dew in truck #3 (resized).jpg
    4 months later
    #100 4 years ago

I've moved a few games now in the Ram. I now have a large sheet of carboard that I use at the tailgate/space for the game to "slide" stay on to get over that gap. Don't use my rollers anymore since the cardboard allows it to slide decent. I've only strapped the game down when it was my nice game (lotr). Otherwise they stay put pretty well unless you had some evasive or emergency maneuver. I've only moved games in good weather so I don't have to deal with the rain/snow, but I did help a friend load 2 in his 2500 and we did over wrap w/ plastic, then blankets, then plastic again AND put a tarp on top. Worked for his long ride home.

All in all, not bad to load etc, just weird having to lift the game so much higher than my old suv/jku.

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hauling-games-in-pickup-truck/page/2?hl=niterider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.