4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RDReynolds
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I'm about to pull the trigger on an Escape 2016. I'd prefer to get an Explorer, but I have to buy vs lease and it would be a lot more money per month. Does anyone have an Escape 2016 and can confirm it fits a pin with the head on? It looks big enough but you never know.

#2 4 years ago

hauled a Roadshow super pin in a 2010 and it fit fine. Not sure about the newer ones.

#3 4 years ago

Pretty sure somebody said that everything will fit the 13-15 (don't know if the 16's changed shape in the back) aside from System 3's. I have an 04 and there is only a few inches for my System 3, so it was always borderline.

#4 4 years ago

I haul pins all the time in my 2015.
    I did purchase one of those clear office chair mats to go in the back so my pins slide in and out easily and don't mess up the carpet.

#5 4 years ago

I have a 2016 Escape and just helped a friend pick up a game with no issue. We also have a 2013 Explorer and it's actually easier to load a pin into the Escape as the Escape's hatch is larger vertically.

#6 4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. It sure would be irritating if I couldn't pick up pins!

2 months later
    #7 3 years ago

How are you guys liking your Escapes? I am thinking the 2015 or 2016 Escape might be the new car for me, as well. Debating between this, the Nissan Rogue (should still squeeze a pin), and the Jeep Cherokee (would have to remove heads).

Never bought an American car before but really liked the test drive. Some other cars seem to rate higher but have no personality. (to my tastes) Is that new Sync system worth grabbing the 2016 for?

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from dcerny:

How are you guys liking your Escapes? I am thinking the 2015 or 2016 Escape might be the new car for me, as well. Debating between this, the Nissan Rogue (should still squeeze a pin), and the Jeep Cherokee (would have to remove heads).
    Never bought an American car before but really liked the test drive. Some other cars seem to rate higher but have no personality. (to my tastes) Is that new Sync system worth grabbing the 2016 for?

I was told by my wife that it's time I get a new vehicle. I LOVE my 04 Escape with the 3.0 V6. The current motor options aren't really doing anything for me. I'm not really sold on Ecoboost. I had an SRT4 in the past. Great motor/turbo, but I just don't know how well I will like it 200k miles down the road.

So I'm looking at others in the same size range. Looking at an Edge or the MX5 with the 2.5L I4. Will have to do some measuring and test drive the MX5 as I'm not missing my I4's from my high school days.

Modern Escape owners. What are your thoughts on the different motors, or what made you choose what you did? Can you fit everything but a System 3?

#9 3 years ago

My 2016 fit a Tales of the Arabian nights just fine with room on the side for a plastic bin. I'm not sure if a nib game (in the box) would fit. Would be nice to know.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from huo:

My 2016 fit a Tales of the Arabian nights just fine with room on the side for a plastic bin. I'm not sure if a nib game (in the box) would fit. Would be nice to know.

Which motor/trim do you have and what are your thoughts? Did you go that route over the others for any specific reason(s)?

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I was told by my wife that it's time I get a new vehicle. I LOVE my 04 Escape with the 3.0 V6. The current motor options aren't really doing anything for me. I'm not really sold on Ecoboost. I had an SRT4 in the past. Great motor/turbo, but I just don't know how well I will like it 200k miles down the road.
    So I'm looking at others in the same size range. Looking at an Edge or the MX5 with the 2.5L I4. Will have to do some measuring and test drive the MX5 as I'm not missing my I4's from my high school days.
    Modern Escape owners. What are your thoughts on the different motors, or what made you choose what you did? Can you fit everything but a System 3?

The Edge is great and hauls pins just fine!

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from huo:

I'm not sure if a nib game (in the box) would fit. Would be nice to know.

I don't know aboot 2016 but I think my brother has a 2015, earliest 14, and it WILL NOT fit in with the box.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from huo:

I just picked up my full throttle NIB and it fit in my 2016 Escape including the pallet. Only issue was that I had to move both front seats forward a bit so it was a little cramped on the ride home from the terminal.

#14 3 years ago

Guessing an Escape would be BETTER for hauling pins than an Explorer. I own both, have yet to haul in the Escape but the Explorer is a challenge. The way th seats fold over you don't have a lot of height to play with and the gap between row three and row two seats causes issues as well. Its doable but not anywhere near as easy as one would think...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Apron Envy
    $ 20.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 4,199.00
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside