You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN5153 (resized).JPG
DSCN5154 (resized).JPG
DSCN5152 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I've been ordering parts from PBResource for several years and have always found the customer service to be second to none. The times I've talked to Steve, I've found him incredibly knowledgeable and helpful, and has a wide variety of parts I can use at very reasonable prices.

I usually take my time and put together a large order, but one of my recently acquired games Flash Gordon was breaking it's brittle drop targets like pretzel sticks and I was all out of spares so I put together a small order last week including those so I could get them on their way.

I tried placing an internet order last Monday late night but got the message they were done with internet orders until after the holiday and they would be closed for the entire four day weekend. So I called Steve Tuesday morning which was midday by then there and he picked the phone up right away and took my order. We talked for a couple minutes but I knew he was busy so I let him go.

I didn't expect to get the parts right away but was happy I had them coming. So Friday, day after Thanksgiving I'm out mowing the lawn and to my surprise the box was sitting on my doorstep which was way cool because I had guests coming over the weekend and that meant Flash Gordon would be up and running by then.

I can't say enough about what Steve and PBresource means to us in this hobby but I am thankful they are doing it. And have been for a long time. But before I got busy installing those drop targets I knew there was one thing more important left to do.

DSCN5152 (resized).JPGDSCN5152 (resized).JPG
DSCN5154 (resized).JPGDSCN5154 (resized).JPG
DSCN5153 (resized).JPGDSCN5153 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

The absolute best drop targets. The best everything.

#3 7 years ago

You bet!

#4 7 years ago

Yes, He's fast. My orders are usually sitting on my porch two business days after ordering. I always make my orders by phone.

#5 7 years ago

He's one of the guys most responsible for keeping so many old games in working order.

#6 7 years ago

Agreed.

Nick's podcast interview with Steve is worth a listen:
http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/episode-376-interview-with-steve-young-8-7-16

#7 7 years ago

Amen brother. While Steve and I got off to a bumpy start, most likely because we are so alike, he is an absolute invaluable resource to this avocation. Bravo Steve!!

#8 7 years ago

Steve is the best and I have no idea what we will do when he hangs it up someday.

#9 7 years ago

Never a problem, just be prepared beforehand

#10 7 years ago

Great company! I just placed an order and it included one of the pinball repair books that they offer. They emailed back with a list of websites that the same information could be found if I wanted to go that route and save the money. What kind of company does that? The best kind of company.

#11 7 years ago

Second to none! I order from him often and twice made the trip up there to pick up some things and shoot the shit with Steve. Both times I've been there, he's picked up the phone to take an order and filled it while he was still on the phone.

#12 7 years ago

I guess I should say hats off to the US postal service too. For actually putting it on my doorstep instead of a neighbors two blocks away. On a long holiday weekend to boot!

#13 7 years ago

I just wish he'd take off the parts that he won't stock ever again. At least put them in a archive section.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,995 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 99.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 179.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hats-off-to-steve-young-and-pbresource and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.