4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tomass
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

The more time I spend on Pinside the more I realize just what a great job Robin & his "crew" have done on this site. I am an old fart so some computer stuff doesn't come easy to me yet anything I want to do here is easy. We have been selling on sites like Craig's List, Amazon, & eBay for years and love the way things are set up here for selling over any other site we have sold on.

Navigating this site is one of the easiest I visit. The moderators do a good job keeping things under control. And Robin continues to improve things all the time.

Over the next few months I'll be working my way away from the hobby & especially the selling end of the hobby so I doubt I'll be around much in the future. But I just wanted to say a quick THANK YOU to Robin & everyone else involved in making Pinside what it has become.

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

The moderators do a good job keeping things under control. And Robin continues to improve things all the time.

One of these statements is very true...the other...not so much......enjoy your retirement too-many-pins... ..........Joey

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

One of these statements is very true...the other...not so much......enjoy your retirement too-many-pins... ..........Joey

Joey,

Given the task the moderators are trying to do I feel they do a great job. I have run into a couple issues with them over the years but their job isn't always easy. The big picture is this site is pretty amazing for a "free" site that gets as many visitors as it does. And selling fees are extremely reasonable for the exposure you get.

Nothing is ever perfect but overall I think everyone associated with running & managing Pinside does a great job. If some of the "trolls" would easy up a little things could be even better but you just need to learn to ignore the trolls and not feed them and they seem to go away.

#4 4 years ago

Had it not been for Batman, Robin wouldn't exist. Had Robin not existed pinside wouldnt exist. #deepthoughtsaboutstuff

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Had it not been for Batman, Robin wouldn't exist. Had Robin not existed pinside wouldnt exist. #deepthoughtsaboutstuff

Love It! So without Batman we wouldn't have Pinside. In that case a big THANKS to Batman also!

#6 4 years ago

Sad to hear you are backing out. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Sad to hear you are backing out. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

It isn't as much "backing out" it is changing from pinball being more or less a full time thing and a part time business to pinball being just a hobby again. As I get older I am realizing my "bucket list" is longer than time I have left to complete that list. If I keep doing pinball stuff 12 to 14 hours a day I'll never get to travel and do other things I really want to do before my time is up.

Ten plus years of doing mostly nothing but pinball has been a lot of fun but it is time to step away and pass the torch to someone a little younger. I have two potential buyers for my little used pinball parts business so if one of those works out I will not feel like I am letting customers down if I am not online 7 days a week helping them with parts.

Also it is getting harder & harder to find machines to buy and sell at reasonable prices so it just seems like a great time to get to some of the other stuff I have been putting off.

#8 4 years ago

I can certainly understand that. Not sure what's on the bucket list, but I strongly suggest a trip to Alaska if it is not. I came up almost 8 years ago and haven't left. I came from PA, and made the 4000 mile trip in a school bus I bought from 422 sales in Prospect / Butler area.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hats-off-to-robin-amp-his-crew-here-on-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.