(Topic ID: 325780)

Hats off to Mission Control - Santa Ana, CA

By pinghetto

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221115_170029 (resized).jpg
    20221115_170204 (resized).jpg
    20221115_170141 (resized).jpg
    20221115_170210 (resized).jpg
    20221115_170336 (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

I finally got to stop by this evening. The line up was perfect and the games were in great shape. A solid playlist of 80's music on the Touchtunes juke. Cool vibe. And cheap beer. I was beyond impressed. They said a pin head named Jay took take of the pinballs. If Jay is out here on Pinside... Thank you. I know what it takes to keep the machines in this kind of shape. Well done, sir. I might have to stop again tomorrow after work!

If anyone here finds thems self in the so cal area.. this place is a must.

Brian

20221115_170029 (resized).jpg20221115_170029 (resized).jpg20221115_170141 (resized).jpg20221115_170141 (resized).jpg20221115_170204 (resized).jpg20221115_170204 (resized).jpg20221115_170210 (resized).jpg20221115_170210 (resized).jpg20221115_170336 (resized).jpg20221115_170336 (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

Celebrated my 40th there earlier this year! Can confirm, it's an outstanding location. Glad you were able to stop by!

#3 1 year ago

This is one of my favorite places, I love that they always have a few old solid state games in the lineup. Although, I wish Rooster Republic was still in the food court downstairs, absolutely the best fried chicken I have ever had.

#4 1 year ago

Was there this evening for a Stern army event. Jay is a world class operator and the pins are always in great shape.

pinghetto, if you stop by tomorrow night (it's league night) look for the guy with bright yellow shoes, I'd love to say hi

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

I finally got to stop by this evening. The line up was perfect and the games were in great shape. A solid playlist of 80's music on the Touchtunes juke. Cool vibe. And cheap beer. I was beyond impressed. They said a pin head named Jay took take of the pinballs. If Jay is out here on Pinside... Thank you. I know what it takes to keep the machines in this kind of shape. Well done, sir. I might have to stop again tomorrow after work!
    If anyone here finds thems self in the so cal area.. this place is a must.
    Brian

Hey Brian, thanks for the kind words. I was there tonight as well, playing in a small tournament with a few people including FXI above, and I’ll be back tomorrow running pinball league.

As for the lineup, we definitely do try and make sure there’s a balance of games from lots of eras and manufacturers and put some of the more unusual titles out for people to experience. My personal favorite era is late 70s early 80s solid states so there will always be a few in addition to Future Spa, which is the only MC mainstay.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from jay:

Hey Brian, thanks for the kind words. I was there tonight as well, playing in a small tournament with a few people including FXI above, and I’ll be back tomorrow running pinball league.
    As for the lineup, we definitely do try and make sure there’s a balance of games from lots of eras and manufacturers and put some of the more unusual titles out for people to experience. My personal favorite era is late 70s early 80s solid states so there will always be a few in addition to Future Spa, which is the only MC mainstay.

I'll see how work goes today. I'm hoping to make it back before I head home.

The Future Spa was awesome. And I had a heck of a game on Dolly. Just about rolled it.

I don't play as much location pinball as I probably should. I forget how much fun it is playing for replays!

Brian

#7 1 year ago

jay is one of the hardest working pin-peeps I know.
    100% Grade-A quality goodness with any game he touches.
    His spinner balance on the classics is impeccable.
    5/5, 10/10; if I could give this more stars…

#8 1 year ago

Been there more times than I can recall. Totally awesome location. Best in-class!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hats-off-to-mission-control-santa-ana-ca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.