Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

297 post in 7 days, great effort from a Pinside asset.
    Hats off to you Lloyd, amazing. Thanks for your help in the past, present and future.

#3 11 years ago

I third that! Thanks Lloyd.

#4 11 years ago

Lloyd Rocks!

#5 11 years ago

Loyd is defently a asset to pinball.

#6 11 years ago

Loyd helps me appreciate that there is a lot more to Pinside than the immature bickering that has been so prevalent it the past few months. Thank you Loyd!

#7 11 years ago

LTG

The first person to step up and help me with a problem when I joined pinside and still doing it today.

#8 11 years ago

Lloyd is the greatest !!!

#9 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing your pinball knowledge.

#10 11 years ago

Yea, that Lloyd is a real smarty pants..Ha,Ha, lift a brew and repeat, long live Lloyd!

#11 11 years ago

(cheerleader mode)

2, 4, 6, 8...
    who do we appreciate?
    Lloyd The Great!!
    LTG! LTG! Yay, rah!
    (insert pom poms and bouncing here)

#12 11 years ago

But.......

To be sung to the Twelve Days of Christmas, from the top.

Twelve were smart a** replies
    Eleven were are connectors connected
    Ten were switch matrix issues
    Nine were thanks for the pictures
    Eight were did you pull fuses and check with a meter
    Seven were enable high power interlock switch
    Six were are the bulbs good
    Five rubber rings
    Four were find where power stops
    Three were try a new board
    Two were you need help
    And a Robin in a Pinside tree

LTG : )

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

But.......
    Five rubber rings
    Two were you need help

LOL!

#14 11 years ago

Haha, that's great.

#15 11 years ago

Here, here!

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

But.......

Twelve were smart a** replies....

Humor too, you’re just and all-rounder.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

But.......
    Five rubber rings
    Two were you need help

We also would have accepted for the last line "and always check continuity"

#18 11 years ago

LTG and Markmon pretty much solve all my issues I post. It's awesome

#19 11 years ago

I think we should start a fund for Lloyd to keep him going strong. Any ideas on how to? He is very valuable to this site.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from sfish:

I think we should start a fund for Lloyd to keep him going strong. Any ideas on how to? He is very valuable to this site.

It's called the new rug fund.

But seriously, after the Spiderman fiasco, please no.

Nice thoughts and I thank you for them. But no.

And it isn't fair to single me out. Others do as much or more and don't get singled out like I often do. We need everybody helping to make pinball great. I'm just a small part of that effort and proud to be able to contribute.

#21 11 years ago

Hats off indeed! 40 years and counting as an arcade owner? Lloyd was through with it before most folks knew what to do with it. Lloyd is a great asset here and to pinball in general. Glad to count him as a great friend.

-Jonathan

#22 11 years ago

Here, here!

And the thing about Lloyd is that it's not just quantity, it's quality. He does post at quite a clip, though. At this rate, he'll probably catch me by the end of the year.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And it isn't fair to single me out. Others do as much or more and don't get singled out like I often do. We need everybody helping to make pinball great.

So very true, but this post was in fact inspired by the sheer volume of posts. At the time of this post, Lloyd, you had 2 1/2 time more post then the nearest poster for the 7 days. Now that's a BIG effort.

As Loyd said "We need everybody helping to make pinball great". So hats off to everyone that contribute to Pinside and pinball in general, and I hope all your balls shine bright for the new year.

#24 11 years ago

we owe lloyd a case of beer at least...

#25 11 years ago

I agree with everything mentioned, many posts of issues I've read Lloyd has helped tremendously here and on rpg. He is also usually one of the first to help and post when you ask for help. Cheers Lloyd

#26 11 years ago

Maybe we can buy him a new keyboard. He must be wearing them out in a month.

#27 11 years ago

I can deliver it to him. I am only 10 minutes away.

#28 11 years ago

LTG you are the man! Thanks for taking time out to help us noobs with our pinball dreams. I will put you're initials on my FH high score for helping me...............

#29 11 years ago

And he's not just on pinside.

As much as people dislike RGP, Lloyd was (and is) a great guy there as well. He was the first person I encountered there.

At the end of the day, it is not what forum is better, but rather the people that helped you out that you remember. Many on RGP, Many on KLOV, many on Pinside.

But the one that is helpful to me on all 3 has been Lloyd.

His generosity is beyond comprehention, and I have known nobody as willing to help as him.

LTG, Lloyd, whatever you want to call him.....He is A #1 in my book!

Chris

#30 11 years ago

True story: For a while when I first started reading RGP, I thought Lloyd's signature "LTG " was a snarky way of telling people "learn to google"

#31 11 years ago

LTG loves home cooking swing on by with a plate and he will give you many thanks

#32 11 years ago

300 posts in 7 days is pretty darn impressive. That's over 40 posts a day.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from ebjimmyg:

we owe lloyd a case of beer at least...

and thats just for the expo lost beer

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marten:

A friend scouts the thrift shops and has on occasion picked me up better keyboards. I tend to wear the letters off the keys with my peck and poke typing.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

True story: For a while when I first started reading RGP, I thought Lloyd's signature "LTG " was a snarky way of telling people "learn to google"

My LTG is 30 years older than Google. Sadly it has on occasion raised problems when people take it wrong. A couple got so mad they left RGP ( completely ignoring the help I offered ).

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

LTG you are the man! Thanks for taking time out to help us noobs with our pinball dreams.

It isn't just me.

One thing that is great about pinball, is if you help someone. You help everybody.

Other hobbies/newsgroups/forums tend to crap on the new people. And they also wonder why their interests die.

There is more going on in pinball and things available for pinball, than when Williams was open.

And people helping people is why. The noobs time will come too, where they can help others. And keep the ball rolling.

Which is why I've always felt honored to be a part of this wonderful experience we call pinball.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

and thats just for the expo lost beer

Sadly, there was some good beer that got legs and left. We found other beer, but wasn't as good as what people donated and what I picked up.

LTG : (

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marten:

I'll make out a list of what I can use.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

300 posts in 7 days is pretty darn impressive. That's over 40 posts a day.

I'm going to have to step it up to beat your score.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

LTG loves home cooking swing on by with a plate and he will give you many thanks

I've never forgotten the turkey your brought me a couple years ago.

Most people don't know it, but Ben is a chef. And a darn good one.

#41 11 years ago

I am brand new, with my first game, and LTG helped me already as well!! Thanks my friend. That new updated ROM should be coming today and I look forward to installing it. For my Judge Dredd, it is supposed to be updated to fix any ghosting issues as well with the LED's that I plan to install. I have a bunch of samples from cointaker coming today. Going to try them out, and then place a large LED order and do it all myself. Looking forward to it, there are just so many options to choose from, I want to make sure I get the best looking LED's to brighten up my game. So many nice people on this site, it really is refreshing to know the pinball community cares to help one another. I hope someday soon I can offer others some advice......HA

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from kingfishtr:

So many nice people on this site, it really is refreshing to know the pinball community cares to help one another. I hope someday soon I can offer others some advice......HA

Your day will come my friend !

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hats-off-for-ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.