1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by spinout
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

So, I may be still a novice with my pinball machines but I collected and worked on Arcade machines & Electronics all of my life. I got to say there's good reason why we have sites like this, I like to do some deep research when looking at a game or a problem before jumping to a solution. Oftentimes, a YouTube video will pop up based on my searching. Most of these videos are garbage, like how to remove your lock bar on your brand new Stern, or how to drop an LCD into an arcade game and so on. I consider these videos and topics like this to be the A1 up of the hobby. I mean, on one hand I understand people trying to get their YouTube channel off the ground, But it's just more fluff you have to go through. That's why I always say it's nice to have this and other websites cuz there's a little more meat on the bone.

#2 1 year ago

Well it's nice you know how to do all those things.

I think it's nice that help is out there for people that don't know how to do those things and want to learn.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

I don't think it's really that bad. Just scroll past it.

#4 1 year ago

Never forget where you started and the knowledge that was shared to you.

New hobbyists that want to start somewhere but have no clue have to start with the basics and these videos are perfect.

Let me introduce you to TNT Amusements "Understanding Pinball" videos

-Mike

#5 1 year ago

Think I just found a topic for my next YouTube video!

#6 1 year ago

And I want to mention these kinds of videos from Joe's Classic Arcade.
    I have learned so much from this guy that it's beyond a million Thank You's.
    -Mike

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

Joe's Classic Arcade is an excellent source of information.

#8 1 year ago

This would have been a great post in the Pinside Bitch thread. Could also go in the Unpopular Opinion thread because I have to say; I love YouTube.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

Yes... and entertaining and funny. ...Ladies and gentlemen... Come on people?... Sorcerer don't know what to do!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hate-youtube-videos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.