pasted_image (resized).png
WizardModeScore (resized).png
POTC wizard mode bug - report (resized).jpg
A2DE954A-E952-4AF5-942A-423C6672D100 (resized).jpeg
DA55D4E0-96F9-4D8A-A77E-F20E7C1458FF (resized).jpeg
6E3F4F56-8C9A-48C8-B6D5-C6F5D5794201 (resized).jpeg
DA9B3FDF-1EB5-42C1-9C8F-43D613DE6ADA (resized).jpeg
F7C1CF5D-B93F-4E43-9D50-7F2C3339A27C (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lobo2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#149 4 years ago

I would love for the ball search to actually work. If anyone's listening. When it does the 4 ball searches, doesn't find it...it's supposed to drop a ball ("Chase ball" I believe the option is called). The option is actually there. It's frustrating it doesn't work. I frequently get balls stuck in weird places, and taking off the glass constantly is annoying as hell. I would never put this on a route...

#151 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

My Pirates LE is on location and rarely has an issue.
I've had a few balls stuck under the sling.
Changed out the bouncy rubbers and nothing since.
Did have one coil wire come off so far and thats it.
People love it on location.

Well you're really lucky then. I get balls stuck on the ledge beside the pearl VUK on the left, I've had them stuck on the edge on the other side (which I can usually get off by tilting), and have had them stuck in other odd places on the playfield. I get balls frequently stuck during multiballs in the holes (sometimes MAP, sometimes Pearl) and only multiballs. I fully admit I'm an intermediate in fixing these things (and I do know the basics). All tests work...everything fires fine during single balls. I've had issue after issue. Every 5 games I have to take the glass off for *some* reason. Perhaps if I studied the schematics for a year or two I could "dial in" the game enough to have it run problem free.

And I don't think my request for ball chase, you know, the option that's actually in the menu, to work, is out of line. It would solve a lot of issues. My kids could at least play it until I get home from work. I don't think I should have to be an operator and know how to fix 7000 problems to own a game, but apparently that's the case with this one. I've owned multiple games (admittedly only from the "modern" era), and this is by faaaaaar the most problematic by a country mile.

If I didn't love it so much, it would have been gone a while ago.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Welcome to pinball! No, you shouldn't have to know how to fix 7000 issues to own a game, but you will need to address some - although I absolutely get where your frustration comes from. We've all been there!. This is also one of the most complex games out there. Sorry to hear you're having these issues - sounds like you may have just gotten a lemon. I'd double check your game is level too - I usually find mine somehow walk around and are suddenly out of level.

Hey, thanks for the tip. Sorry was a bit snippy.... I love this game and it's a bit frustrating. And yes - was level - one of the first things I checked. Also, some of the things I fixed were

auto shooter was shooting into the plastic (slightly crooked)
mystery VUK was almost all the time shooting straight into the hole, sometimes over flippers
chest wasn't locking balls
chest was releasing balls when it shouldn't
balls were shooting up over rail (that was easy just had to raise the rail)
and I put pieces of plastic on the edges were balls would decide to sit... they would seem to find new spots though lol

And that was in the first few weeks. Someone messaged me last night though and said they were experiencing the same sort of issues, and don't make it *level*, make it a bit steeper (if I could take it). So I made it one tick more than factory recommendations....and wow. Not only does it play better but so far so good. No issues!! It was something I thought of doing earlier and then just slipped my mind. I am crossing my fingers I finally have a working game... and yes haha thanks for the welcome...I've owned though Metallica, Spider-Man, GOT, LOTR, Freefall, Pinbot (the latter 2 as a youngster) and a few others....none of these gave me even close to as many issues (probably all combined not as many).

I hope that I can finally play this without taking the glass off every few games, but have had about 10+ so far (easily more than I EVER had before) and so far so good. It is a bit steeper but meh whatever, it's a trade off I'll gladly make. I don't mind that it's a bit faster either.

Even got a new GC! (11,7) Yay!

My original point though is still valid in my opinion though...Ball Chase really should work. I understand tweaks to the rules, and shipping incomplete code to rush things out... but menu options should really work IMO. Why even put it in if it doesn't work???? Just frustrating.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What makes you think it doesn't? I've received chase balls when I've got a stuck one, it just takes a while. It tries hard to shake it loose first.

How long?!?!? It says 4 ball searches. Mine, 100% does not work, not after 4. I've waited like 10 searches in the past.

I admit, I don't wait an infinite amount of time but when I first got it I waited 4 searches multiple times, and it never once worked. My friend who has an LE as well said he had never had it work and he bought it NIB when it came out. I just assumed didn't work for anyone. I'm surprised to hear you say it works for you. Curious. I'm going to let it ball search now and see. I'll tell you if it does. 100% it's not after 4, I can guarantee that. Not on my machine at any rate.

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What makes you think it doesn't? I've received chase balls when I've got a stuck one, it just takes a while. It tries hard to shake it loose first.

Just did an experiment. Had it on a 2 player game... pulled a ball out of the game... did about 6-7 ball searches. Then just stopped. Stopped doing ball searches. Never added a ball. Sat there for 3-4 minutes, then went to player 2.

Reset it, did it with 1 player. Did the same thing...multiple ball searches (I stopped counting at 6). The ball searches seemed to stop. It never gave me a ball. Maybe at some point it does, I don't know. If your machine somehow gives you balls, hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Mine doesn't. lol

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I use the level on the game with the top of the bubble on the 2nd line from the bottom per JJP recommendation.

I just switched mine to a c-hair over the 3rd and man, it's working so much better. I've played 20+ games without issue, and was having CONSTANT issues at the recommended 2 level. Weird eh.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lobo2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hate-to-say-it-but-wheresthecode-jjp-potc?tu=lobo2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.