pasted_image (resized).png
WizardModeScore (resized).png
POTC wizard mode bug - report (resized).jpg
A2DE954A-E952-4AF5-942A-423C6672D100 (resized).jpeg
DA55D4E0-96F9-4D8A-A77E-F20E7C1458FF (resized).jpeg
6E3F4F56-8C9A-48C8-B6D5-C6F5D5794201 (resized).jpeg
DA9B3FDF-1EB5-42C1-9C8F-43D613DE6ADA (resized).jpeg
F7C1CF5D-B93F-4E43-9D50-7F2C3339A27C (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ellips6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#422 2 years ago

!!! B U G A L E R T !!!!!
Hope I post in the right thread, so this can be corrected in the next release
Current version:0.99

Here is the bug, for comments and resolution in the next release (hopefully please)
- 3 players
- Player 1, Norrington, ends the game with a score of 8,500 points
- Player 2, Gibbs, ends the game with a score of 2 Millions and has successfully completed the Wizard mode ‘At World’s end’ (worth 504,230 points)
- Player 3, Jack, ends the game with a score of 400,000 points

Next, when the game is over: the screen asks to enter initials and this is where the bug kicks in:
- Player 1, with a final score of 8,500 points, is requested to enter his initials on the screen with a displayed final score of 504,230 points (why???, he only achieved 8,500 points)
- Player 1 is also requested to enter his initials as being the ‘Escape The Locker Champ’ (….but why?? … during this game nobody has beaten the ‘Escape The Locker Champ)
- Player 2 is requested to enter his initials as the best score of the day (expected) but is not requested to enter initials for the Wizard mode that he won the best score for ‘at world’s end’ (wizard successfully completed).

Bug is:
- Player 1 has mistakenly gotten, instead of his final score at 8,500 points, the score that Player 2 achieved for the ‘At works end Wizard mode’ (504,230 points).
- Player 1 also entered his initials for ‘escape the locker champ’ (but he did not break this record) with no reason
- Player 1’s name now shows as being the Wizard mode Champ ‘At world’s end’ Champ, but with a Score Level=1 (very unlikely to successfully complete this wizard mode with a score level=1; screen shot below).

Hope this is clear enough to be understood and corrected!

One question earlier in the JJP Pirates main thread (post #17210 in JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club! By Dr_light) was asked about:
‘what to improve on the wizard modes besides Break The Curse not being available yet?’
More fanfare on the Wizard mode would greatly benefit this game, especially when the Wizard mode is won. In this case, ‘At World’s end’ was successfully done and a second later the game came back to where it was like nothing happened. Not even a nice music/video/sound effect, game pause on something for 2 seconds….nothing special.

I think this will be a great improvement to add more fanfare when Wizard Modes end.
AAAArrrrrggh!

POTC wizard mode bug - report (resized).jpgPOTC wizard mode bug - report (resized).jpg
#446 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Any interest in joining the beta group? This type of feedback would be good for everyone in the group. The developers are actively listening and responding to us.

I am not part of the beta but I will be delighted to provide additional details as needed in order to correct this bug.
Everytime that I see the Champ Screen 'At World end' wizard mode scoring at 504,230 with a Score Level = 1 , it makes me feel there is something wrong! Especially that the player's name tied to this wizard champ score has only achieved 8,500 points in the game! Hopefully this is easy to fix.

JJP developers, please contact me if you require any additional input on this scenario, I will gladly assist.

#451 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

it is clear that ellips6 is not part of the Beta, yet has the code.

Correct, the bug I reported happens on the current version 0.99. Same 0.99 version as everyone can download on JJP website.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 38.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ellips6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hate-to-say-it-but-wheresthecode-jjp-potc?tu=ellips6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.