pasted_image (resized).png
WizardModeScore (resized).png
POTC wizard mode bug - report (resized).jpg
A2DE954A-E952-4AF5-942A-423C6672D100 (resized).jpeg
DA55D4E0-96F9-4D8A-A77E-F20E7C1458FF (resized).jpeg
6E3F4F56-8C9A-48C8-B6D5-C6F5D5794201 (resized).jpeg
DA9B3FDF-1EB5-42C1-9C8F-43D613DE6ADA (resized).jpeg
F7C1CF5D-B93F-4E43-9D50-7F2C3339A27C (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingBW.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 4 years ago

Initial beta tests for wifi update test runs have been done for all 5 pins now. They're just fixing some bugs. Baby steps that are progressing each week. It's going good. They haven't included any new game related code, so no one is missing out on that so far. They're just working on the wifi network stuff and related menu options on all of the pins to be included in (presumably) the next official update for each of the pins. Speculation on my part that it would be in the next updates. Believe me, you will like it for the updates.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

what? do we have the ability in our JJP games to connect to wifi and update the games instead of a flash drive?

Soon ... they're working on it.

1 month later
#48 4 years ago

Woohoo! It's coming soon! Beta testing "some" of the new code has started ...

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Whoa! Where did you see this? The google group and email chain appears to have gone dead

Just beta testers are getting a sneak peek. Can't wait to get home!

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

This is definitely great news, but I'm tempering my expectations. The update says they need people to test both wired and wireless connections, which suggests to me they are updating a core networking lib (i.e. adding networked update support). That doesn't necessarily mean they are going anywhere near gameplay code. We'll just have to wait and see.

Wifi testing has been going on for a couple of months. Today beta testers get a sneak peek at some of the new game code to test as well.

#60 4 years ago

The proposed beta changes to the character traits are really good and definitely give the game a boost and adds some polish. A few of the other tweaks to the game are really good too and adds more strategies. Definitely something to look forward to and lots to explore.

#64 4 years ago

The changes that they leaked are fantastic but are only part of what they have been working on for the next update. Are they more theme immersive? Maybe not very much more on that so far, but definitely more strategies to explore. A little less restrictive on a few things. I hope that they keep what changes they are testing out on us and just tweak any possible exploits that we might find. It was great before, but now the pinball game play is getting better. Again ... they only have us testing some of the new code and 2 thumbs up so far.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any attract music?

It didn't set that long. There's attract motion activated call outs like the other JJP pins now. I will have to see tomorrow.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have you seen what they are selling for now? I'm floored and can't believe it but glad I hung onto mine but was planning on letting it go .
Apparently 13k for a stock le is a deal now? I know 2 just sold quick at 12 and 12.5 on west coast. If this code update is really good the price is gonna go higher most likely from the looks of things.... crazy. I'm gonna try hold out to play the new code tho. Just wish I cld figure out the rules better as I'm lost when it comes to things for the most part.

Definitely hold out for the new code and play each character at least 5 times before deciding if you want to sell it. When the change log comes out, you will understand why I am saying that. Lots of interesting changes that effect strategies. The last major update for Hobbit changed strategies. This will be similar but maybe not that extreme. It is going to be a "game changer" if you play this game competitively. That may sound exaggerated, but there are some pretty good changes (with only the part that they showed us to play around with). This isn't going to be a little "check the box as completed" update. There's a lot of code team effort on it.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just wish I cld figure out the rules better as I'm lost when it comes to things for the most part.

After this next code update we're going to have to lobby for pinball_keefer to send out an updated character attributes cheat sheet with all of the +/- for the characters to better understand some of the character selection strategies. It's not plain and simple. I know he put out one last year with some of the coming changes to the characters, but I'm sure that they have been tweaked since then. Definitely read the change log when it comes out. Hopefully by then JJP will lift the Pinside gag order and the coders can post some strategy advantages that they like. Joe has a new strategy that he will take on anyone with (until Keith nerfs it ). Maybe they will do one of their live streams when it comes out to discuss the game again and bring along Eric and the gang to explain their new strategies too. Or ... Buffalo pinball can get them on one of their streams.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I posted one quite awhile ago but I don't remember what thread it was in. Very likely not this one.

This was after .99 last spring. Is this still accurate for the new code coming?
Char (resized).jpgChar (resized).jpg

#82 4 years ago

I heard that sound effect when I completed a few chapters (or near completion) also. I'll have to pay more attention to that.

We get a "man overboard" call out that might not have been there before, or is more often now.

Completing star map shots show a pop up graphic of how many more are needed to light an extra ball. I don't remember that before, but don't look up that often.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

How’s the change to only single coins for Marty? Are we going to need a new padded action button mod to avoid bruising? (Kidding of course but also curious how frenetic it is trying to collect it all while playing).

I didn't get past 1 mil with that character after playing new Marty about 8 tries so far. Trying to get it since that's what is being talked about but not good enough at the looping I guess. Definitely a lot more button pushing that gets to be chaotic during multiballs if you try to get them all. Looping multiple times and hitting the gold standups are the key.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I didn't see it in the beta stream (only watched 10-20 minutes or so) but I'm hoping a proper numbered LE screen is coming to the game. The game number on a blank screen right now looks very unfinished.

A little better. The clouds are moving so it's not a still shot. Still just beta though.

20200125_151117 (resized).jpg20200125_151117 (resized).jpg
#93 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The game number is shown on the title screen now if you enter it in settings. Two things happened: we forgot initially to include the game number there, then the factory started entering it as a custom message, which was also not dressed up. Custom message now gets the cloud background, if you want it in title screen enter it in settings. I'd suggest deleting the custom message too.

Got it. It's in both places once the new (beta) code is installed.

20200126_103306 (resized).jpg20200126_103306 (resized).jpg
#94 4 years ago

There ... that's better!

20200126_105413 (resized).jpg20200126_105413 (resized).jpg
#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hey BTW has anyone ever tried hooking up a USB keyboard in order to enter a custom message? I never have the patience to sit there with just the buttons

We were told that for the wifi security SSID password, it would not work. Guessing that is the same for the custom message. It's coded different for the coin door buttons.

2 weeks later
#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Franking1302:

how long does it take from beta to release?

They have said that they are making more changes to the character traits (+/-) than what has been previewed. It's still in development.

1 month later
#147 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Any Beta testers out there who care to comment?

We only got a sneak peek at the character balancing that Keith posted about last spring. After some feedback from us and a little time going back and forth with questions, Keith said that some of the balancing we saw would be tweaked and more less popular characters would get some additional advantages to even things up. That's it. They keep things pretty secret and that's probably a good thing until they test it and release it. I wouldn't doubt that they are likely working from home currently.

Just adding: We haven't heard much from them in the last couple of months other than full iso update testing on all of the pins was coming soon for testing. Nothing about game code in the last month or so. They must be busy with JJP #6 coding before production.

1 year later
#258 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I think I have some curse regarding pinball-updates, as I own both GB Premium and POTC LE.

Not as cursed as me ... I have WOF, ACDC, GB, and JJPOTC.

Once Keith catches up on GNR, I am sure that he will revisit pirates. It will probably be a few months before he gets to that point.

5 months later
#339 2 years ago

Keith stated in the beta group a few days ago (answering a question about it) that a new beta test version for JJPOTC "is coming very soon ". So it's not abandoned. It seems that they are working on it again.

They will not give details on plans or hopeful timing probably because we will try to hold them to it. It is likely pretty unpredictable on timing so they have to be really vague.

Now that GNR code is finishing up, I am guessing that Keith will be freed up more.

2 months later
#390 2 years ago

Scorbit guy (Jay) says that we will really like the update that's coming.

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

There is NO new POTC run! Factory is setup until end of 2022 for normal body only.
For now GNR and Wonka and there after the new game
And the new game will also be a normal body so they won’t change the line for POTC .
Parts supply for POTC most is there in stock just call JJP and order

I asked Pat about what comes after Wonka on the second line. It's still uncertain and depends on what pin has all of the parts on hand. If they don't have all the parts, they can't really assemble games.

From what I heard from another JJP employee is that supply chain issues happen. They might be short on wire forms one week, and shakers the next. They have a team together to hunt down and follow up on part timing and delivery on their orders previously placed. Supply chain issues are big issues with all of the manufacturers these days.

1 month later
#475 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yeah Lyman leaving Stern probably doomed Elvira.

And the 3 year old bug for oi mania in ACDC that doesn't allow you to start the mode. (Unfinished)

1 month later
#510 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Let's see, that Wonka update was in August and they put more Wonkas on the line within a month or two of that update. They did the same thing with WOZ with an update in March 2019 that was tied to upcoming 2019 builds of that game. They aren't doing it out of the goodness of their heart or for some sentimental reason.

Hmmmm I heard from JJP people that Joe worked on revising the latest Wonka code on primarily on his own time - late evenings and weekends. This was primarily so that the average player could get beyond the 2-3 golden tickets that most of us were stuck at. I beta tested his code version prior to the general public revision release and it was way too easy for me. I finished a game by the 5th game and was going to have to change settings to make it harder. I'm just a mediocre player (IFPA rank #3000+). A few people agreed with me and Joe backed off a few of the easier settings a bit. I think the Wonka difficulty is set pretty darn good for my level of play at this point. Joe mostly interacted with beta testers on nights and weekends for that particular update. I would say it was "for the love of his game" that he wanted more people to enjoy and have more fun with Wonka. The people that can complete Wonka now know how to go into settings and make it harder for their challenge needs.

The pirates update is more than just a final wizard mode. They did a lot of tweaks and re-tweaks to character traits. Those are pretty good in the latest beta. I'm not going to try to defend the time it is taking to complete the final wizard, but Keith's code updates are typically super awesome. I'm waiting patiently and hope that it will be completed soon. That being said, I will probably never reach the final Pirates wizard mode, so the current beta code is pretty darn good for me. Just my opinion.

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I used to think JJP would run more Pirates LE's at $15k but maybe not. If Stern distributors can sell 200 Elvira 40th editions at $25k I bet JJP could sell 200 games of some crazy ultimate edition of Pirates at $25k. That's $5,000,000 in sales right there, probably $2,000,000 - $2,500,000 in profit. Why not do it?

At MGC Jack pretty much said that they aren't going to charge super-inflated rates for pins. I could see $15k, but not $25k direct from JJP. Flippers, yes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 38.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingBW.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hate-to-say-it-but-wheresthecode-jjp-potc?tu=KingBW and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.