pasted_image (resized).png
WizardModeScore (resized).png
POTC wizard mode bug - report (resized).jpg
A2DE954A-E952-4AF5-942A-423C6672D100 (resized).jpeg
DA55D4E0-96F9-4D8A-A77E-F20E7C1458FF (resized).jpeg
6E3F4F56-8C9A-48C8-B6D5-C6F5D5794201 (resized).jpeg
DA9B3FDF-1EB5-42C1-9C8F-43D613DE6ADA (resized).jpeg
F7C1CF5D-B93F-4E43-9D50-7F2C3339A27C (resized).png
There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#1 4 years ago

I hate to create one of these threads but it's now been well over a year since JJP POTC began shipping and the game remains on .99 code. It's a bummer seeing Wonka, a game that started shipping just a couple months ago, well beyond 1.0 code while Pirates remains on .99.

At this time Pirates isn't insert mode complete as the Break the Curse super wizard mode isn't in the game. Back in April at MGC Eric mentioned that Keith's work on the wizard mode had been coming along nicely. That was 6 months ago. I know Keith mentioned back in July or August on a Wonka stream that the code is still coming but that they are busy with other things.

I understand there's new games to work on but why should we spend another $7.5k - $12.5k on a new JJP when Pirates doesn't have its code completed? I've considered buying a Wonka but just can't do it knowing that Pirates code isn't complete.

#WheresTheCode?

#2 4 years ago

If they have truly stopped producing these games for good (I don’t know that they have but it sounds possible), I can’t see them being motivated to add any new code to this game. Only inherent value would be keeping current buyers happy so that they will buy future JJP pins and just “doing the right thing”

Will be interesting to follow this.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

If they have truly stopped producing these games for good (I don’t know that they have but it sounds possible), I can’t see them being motivated to add any new code to this game. Only inherent value would be keeping current buyers happy so that they will buy future JJP pins and just “doing the right thing”
Will be interesting to follow this.

Yeah. JJP has always delivered with code support for all their games so I'm hoping Pirates isn't left behind. I've purchased 4 JJP pins but won't purchase another until Pirates is completed.

Keith said back in July or August durint a Wonka stream that he promised the code is still coming. I'm not sure the state of the update at this time.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah. JJP has always delivered with code support for all their games so I'm hoping Pirates isn't left behind. I've purchased 4 JJP pins but won't purchase another until Pirates is completed.
Keith said back in July or August durint a Wonka stream that he promised the code is still coming. I'm not sure the state of the update at this time.

They definitely have but I also don’t think they’ve encountered a business situation like pirates. I have to imagine they are going to be scrambling a bit with the next title or two after Pirates and what seem like less than ideal sales on Wonka. If they are in any level of survival mode a game out of production isn’t going to get any attention.

You are playing it right (as a consumer) by keeping your wallet in your pocket until it’s addressed. It’s the only leverage we have.

1 week later
#5 4 years ago

Okay - not trying to start a rumor. But I thought I read on Pinside sometime within the last two weeks that it was posted Keith had taken a break from JJP work due to health?
And that it's been a while since he's been out. I'm pretty sure Master Johnson has it on his itinerary to finish POTC code.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Okay - not trying to start a rumor. But I thought I read on Pinside sometime within the last two weeks that it was posted Keith had taken a break from JJP work due to health?
And that it's been a while since he's been out. I'm pretty sure Master Johnson has it on his itinerary to finish POTC code.

Yes - here it is. The poor gentleman had a heart attack around the end of Spring?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/well-wishes-to-keith-johnson-after-heart-attack#post-5031524

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I remember reading that he was out a couple weeks back in April but has been back at JJP since then. Hope nothing new has happened and all is well with his health, Keith is amazing!

#8 4 years ago

i hope for this 1.0

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hate to create one of these threads but it's now been well over a year since JJP POTC began shipping and the game remains on .99 code. It's a bummer seeing Wonka, a game that started shipping just a couple months ago, well beyond 1.0 code while Pirates remains on .99.
At this time Pirates isn't insert mode complete as the Break the Curse super wizard mode isn't in the game. Back in April at MGC Eric mentioned that Keith's work on the wizard mode had been coming along nicely. That was 6 months ago. I know Keith mentioned back in July or August on a Wonka stream that the code is still coming but that they are busy with other things.
I understand there's new games to work on but why should we spend another $7.5k - $12.5k on a new JJP when Pirates doesn't have its code completed? I've considered buying a Wonka but just can't do it knowing that Pirates code isn't complete.
#WheresTheCode?

The .99 means little are all game complete at 1.00 no they are not. I myself can not give an opinion on whether I think the game is complete but .99 means little. A game can still be shit at 1.25 go figure

#10 4 years ago

Don't panic, the code will be out soon, give Keith Johnson a break to recover. They have supported older games who are not in production anymore at that time.

#11 4 years ago

As a crappy player I personally will never know if he ever finishes the final chapter close of this game and my guess is few others will as well. Looking at history Keith has never to my knowledge left a story undone or anything less then perfection. If the artist needs more time no big whip to me as this game is never leaving. In one year I miraculously achieved 2 wizard modes, at that pace Keith needs to finish this pre-retirement lol. Munsters comes to mind as an example of “rush to give them a code complete and finished game”.

#12 4 years ago

Heres some good news regarding Pirates code Pinball Magazine included the following in their September recap newsletter that was sent out today.

20191005_065939 (resized).jpg20191005_065939 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#13 4 years ago

We’re a couple weeks past the 1-year mark for when POTC began to ship. Only two real code updates since shipping (I’m not counting .98 since it was released a day or two after .97 and only was done to fix one bug). Seems like JJP is leaving the POTC update deep on the sideline. Wonka seems to be getting frequent updates and I’m guessing they’ll be diving deeper into work on their next release soon if not already.

JJP focus on the customer is MIA again on POTC. I think it’s definitely reasonable to expect 1.0 within a year. So if not 1.0 in one year then when will it ever get done?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

We’re a couple weeks past the 1-year mark for when POTC began to ship. Only two real code updates since shipping (I’m not counting .98 since it was released a day or two after .97 and only was done to fix one bug). Seems like JJP is leaving the POTC update deep on the sideline. Wonka seems to be getting frequent updates and I’m guessing they’ll be diving deeper into work on their next release soon if not already.
JJP focus on the customer is MIA again on POTC. I think it’s definitely reasonable to expect 1.0 within a year. So if not 1.0 in one year then when will it ever get done?

Well Wonka is selling, so it’s not -that- shocking. Obviously the code was started, Keith posted that rule set a while back with the character changes. Hopefully they don’t let us down.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yeah, it's disappointing. I won't be buying another JJP pin until Pirates code is completed. Can't see spending another $9500 when the game I last spent $9500 on doesn't have its code completed...

I do believe JJP will deliver on Pirates but how long is the question? Expo is this week so maybe we will hear some code news.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, it's disappointing. I won't be buying another JJP pin until Pirates code is completed. Can't see spending another $9500 when the game I last spent $9500 on doesn't have its code completed...
I do believe JJP will deliver on Pirates but how long is the question? Expo is this week so maybe we will hear some code news.

At this point I'll be surprised if they're capable of getting the #JJPOTC 1.0 code done by year-end. I don't think they have the want or the will to do it, otherwise it would have been done by now (1 year from originally shipping). The money from #JJPOTC is in the bank and it's on to the next shiny object for them. Once again JJP is showing its great focus on the customer... not. The design of the game is unquestionably great. The company that built it has not been very good.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

At this point I'll be surprised if they're capable of getting the #JJPOTC 1.0 code done by year-end. I don't think they have the want or the will to do it, otherwise it would have been done by now (1 year from originally shipping). The money from #JJPOTC is in the bank and it's on to the next shiny object for them. Once again JJP is showing its great focus on the customer... not. The design of the game is unquestionably great. The company that built it has not been very good.

It will happen, JJP has never let us down with code support. JJP came through big time with Hobbit code. Not only did JJP expand upon the games code heavily they also went above and beyond with additional polish, light shows, tweaks, ways to qualify modes, etc. It just sucks having to wait such a long time for code to be completed while new titles are announced, shipped, and are receiving regular updates.

#18 4 years ago

Has production really stopped on POTC? Will they ever resume it? Or have they moved on for good? How many did they make? It didn't seem like they were in production very long.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Has production really stopped on POTC? Will they ever resume it? Or have they moved on for good? How many did they make? It didn't seem like they were in production very long.

1) yes
2) it is not clear to anyone, even JJP
3) see #2
4) we don’t know, estimates are under 1000
No, not in production long. Incredibly sad, given most agree this is one of the best games ever made, if not at least the best in the last few years

2 months later
#20 4 years ago

Hi,

Any "insiders" with any info on a possible code update out there?

#21 4 years ago

Totally agree with the last poster....Would be nice to hear what the plans are for new code and maybe even a release date

#22 4 years ago

Man and I got to the end last night, would've really loved a final wizard mode! I'm sure he's busy with next game, it's a keeper game for me, so no rush

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Man and I got to the end last night, would've really loved a final wizard mode! I'm sure he's busy with next game, it's a keeper game for me, so no rush

Must have been one hell of a game....I've played it only about 20 times...my wife plays it a lot and has some serious scores....I love the game and it's a keeper too.

#24 4 years ago

I never thought I would see a proper code update for GOT and that happened after 3 plus years so there is still hope. Love the game regardless of update but would like to see it get the final polish sooner rather than later.

D15B3E10-40E1-4C11-8DE1-720B719D2AB2 (resized).jpegD15B3E10-40E1-4C11-8DE1-720B719D2AB2 (resized).jpeg
#25 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Totally agree with the last poster....Would be nice to hear what the plans are for new code and maybe even a release date

Yep, in the middle of the Rick and Morty thread action today the people from Spooky said they're working on code updates for Rob Zombie and ACNC. Stern lists the code updates their working on monthly. If Spooky can take time out in the middle of a huge sales occasion to respond to questions on Pinside about code updates and Stern can list it monthly then you'd think JJP should be able to make some sort of comment on it over the past 7 months, which is how long it's been since the post where they listed the character changes that were planned. Instead, it's just silence. I think that says a lot about what JJP thinks of their customers.

#26 4 years ago

Besides code any news how the automatic update feature is coming along with the beta testers ?

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Besides code any news how the automatic update feature is coming along with the beta testers ?

Weren't they beta testing the blue tooth stuff ?

LTG : )

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If I recall correctly, DI and Wonka got first dibs on those updates, followed by (presumably) POTC then Hobbit and WOZ

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They were testing for online connectivity. Updates over Bluetooth/WiFi.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Updates over Bluetooth/WiFi.

Cordless headphones for Bluetooth.

Updates for WiFi.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Cordless headphones for Bluetooth.
Updates for WiFi.

Both will be good additions to modern pinball

#32 4 years ago

Initial beta tests for wifi update test runs have been done for all 5 pins now. They're just fixing some bugs. Baby steps that are progressing each week. It's going good. They haven't included any new game related code, so no one is missing out on that so far. They're just working on the wifi network stuff and related menu options on all of the pins to be included in (presumably) the next official update for each of the pins. Speculation on my part that it would be in the next updates. Believe me, you will like it for the updates.

#33 4 years ago

what? do we have the ability in our JJP games to connect to wifi and update the games instead of a flash drive?

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

what? do we have the ability in our JJP games to connect to wifi and update the games instead of a flash drive?

Soon ... they're working on it.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Not yet. Coming soon. You will have to update the game once to get it in there. Then once running, go into the menu and do what the screen says and the game updates itself.

#36 4 years ago

This thread just doesn't seem to have the staying power of the Ghostbusters one, or KISS.

You flew too close to the sun Panzer!

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This thread just doesn't seem to have the staying power of the Ghostbusters one, or KISS.

I thought it was cause no one owns one.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You flew too close to the sun Panzer!

LOL, I think that is because the Pirates owners are no where near as angry as the GB and Kiss owners were prior to the updates .

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The game has so much in it already that the character updates and final wizard mode will really just be icing on the cake whereas those games at the time...well...

Lack of 1.0 code doesn't stop me from playing my game still

1 month later
#40 4 years ago

any updates from anyone at JJP on code?

#41 4 years ago

Still a great game as it stands - don't know if theres a wizard mode in this or not.

#42 4 years ago

Hoping it's soon thread bump

#43 4 years ago

I am also hoping for an update soon.

#44 4 years ago

Me too

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

any updates from anyone at JJP on code?

Radio silence unfortunately. Hope we hear something soon as well.

Added over 4 years ago:

Update: I was wrong

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Radio silence unfortunately. Hope we hear something soon as well.

Well let's think positive then. Maybe the update will be epic like the last one on Hobbit!!!!

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Well let's think positive then. Maybe the update will be epic like the last one on Hobbit!!!!

That would definitely be awesome... more music would be helpful too IMO. Maybe eventually we can start modifying the game assets like in the past. I'd love to add more callouts and MUSIC. And a final wizard mode (plus the already-mentioned character tweaks) wouldn't be a bad thing.

#48 4 years ago

Woohoo! It's coming soon! Beta testing "some" of the new code has started ...

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Woohoo! It's coming soon! Beta testing "some" of the new code has started ...

Whoa! Where did you see this? The google group and email chain appears to have gone dead

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Whoa! Where did you see this? The google group and email chain appears to have gone dead

Just beta testers are getting a sneak peek. Can't wait to get home!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hate-to-say-it-but-wheresthecode-jjp-potc?hl=cserold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.